Seahawks Sign G Kahlil Mckenzie

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He was on the PS last year but went to XFL instead of signing back with Seattle.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Did someone hire Tom Cable back!!!conversions are his specialty!

chris98251

Reaction score
At this point we need guys to push our D line and give them Reps without wearing down our aged starters.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The start of "Electric Company West"! Book it!
Penny Electricity for all! Per kWH, that is.

Old-timers might recall the Juice's OLine went by the moniker, "The Electric Company". At least this old-timer does. Reggie McKenzie was OJ's main man long before being part of the Raiders' front office.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2qktkv65 said:
With Reggie and JS being work partners in GB for a time, one wonders what peripheral ramifications might be involved.

I'm dense on this, can you explain what you mean?
Are you saying Reggie's son might get a little extra look, a little extra wiggle room, based on relationships?
Not trying to put words in your mouth if that's not what you meant.

I look at it more like, the son of an outstanding NFL OL player, is going to have some extra guidance and models to refer to in work habits, study habits, just being a professional, compared to other guys without that tradition. Case in point: Russell Wilson. Case in point: DK Metcalf.

Sure, quibble on the Russell Wilson/Harrison Wilson III example, but it's perhaps the best one, even though Harrison III never played a regular season NFL down, he saw and learned what it took, making it to the final round of cuts with the Air Coryell Chargers.

DK Metcalf, another son of an NFL player, dad's NFL-level professionalism and work habits definitely got passed onto the son.

So, I have high hopes for McKenzie Jr, aka Kahlil. May as well pencil him in as an OL starter now, given the parental influence factor. One less O-Line problem to address.

Latest posts