Seahawks sign RB Cameron Marshall

canfan

Reaction score
Overseasfan":178bikj1 said:
Looks like he could be utilized as a 3rd down back. He's strong, works for those extra yards and has good hands.

Took the words out of my mouth. I'm a Bomber fan in my other life (25 years and counting since the last championship) and while I don't see Marshall as having the speed to be an every down back and he is too light to be a fullback (lists at 215 lbs), he is an excellent receiver and if he picks up pass pro reasonably well, I could see him competing for a spot as a 3rd down back. Still a long shot.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Its a really odd running style he has.. it looks like hes sitting down, and his short legs add to the effect.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I know the highlight reels are only showing his best runs, but those Winnipeg Blue Bomber highlights of his are actually pretty awesome. As other posters have said already, his quick cuts in the hole and willingness to run over tacklers reminds me of Rawls. And he's probably as fast as Lynch was in his last couple of years. The CFL style of football can favour smaller "scat" backs, so sometimes a guy like him with a more inside the tackles running style is more suited for the NFL than the CFL.

I'm certainly more excited about Marshall's potential to make the team as a backup than I am about the wide receiver from the CFL that we just signed.

DJrmb

Reaction score
It looks like Marshall put on some weight since college. I could see them trying him more as a FB than a RB I think.

efried78

Reaction score
He reminds me of Lendale White. Pete loved Lendale while he was at USC. Too bad he got lazy when he got to the NFL. Maybe Pete & John are looking for a Lendale type of player?

Latest posts