Seahawks sign Tremayne Anchrum Jr

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I understand hyping your guys and all, but calling a backup guard an “ amchor” better be a huge stretch. I’m hoping this is just a depth move and they have a real plan for the interior line.
You should call his mom and tell her to stop calling him anchrum too, just so people don't get confused.

kidhawk

Reaction score
You should call his mom and tell her to stop calling him anchrum too, just so people don't get confused.
I doubt his mom calls him by his last name bit even if she did nobody should confuse him with being an anchor of an NFL offensive line. Lol

xray

Reaction score
People be thinking Seattle is making a SB run or some shit. Sorry folks, this team got blown up and it'll be a few years before they make some real noise.
^
This my thought too . Adding 2 to 4 more years to the last decade of being in a mediocre rut ; it starts to add up to a long stretch of yawning . imo

xray

Reaction score
People be thinking?
And there is NOBODY on here who is saying this team is even close to a SB level team.
There's always some folks that think the Hawks are SB bound every year .

Hawknight

Reaction score
People be thinking?
There's NOBODY on here saying this team is even close to a SB level team.
What! I find this unacceptable... I thought Anchrum would have put us over the top and secured our destiny...I guess I shouldn't have sold my bottle cap collection to place a bet on us winning it all out this season...oh my ;) ;)

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I get the disappointment over some of these signings, but I think it will be shown to have been misplaced.

From what I see, Mike and John are looking to build this team through the draft. Mike knows the incoming class probably better than anyone. And I'm sure he and John are looking to add young talent that they can grow within the system from day 1. Our OC and line coach are from the college ranks as well. They also know how the players coming out compare against some of the free agent linemen we COULD sign and how much value the rooks will bring above and beyond the ability, (and penalty) we'd absorb in signing a high priced free agent to start.

Now that they've got the depth / fringe starter holes set (and FAgency isn't over yet) they can really nail down their draft board and focus on BPA at their key positions of need.

I like what they're doing quite a bit.
I always find it best to “build through the draft” by not trading a 2nd round pick for a future overpaid player and losing, what, 50 slots of draft position for a BACKUP QB. Might as well use your first pick on a 3RD receiver when you have other glaring holes.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I think, as some have stated previously, that this marks a reset for MM and JS, both with personnel, players, and salary caps all around. Most signings were for one-year deals, with players who could hopefully hold the line for now without necessarily breaking the bank. Next year, I imagine our salary cap will be much improved, depending on how the draft goes and how we approach it. Quality players will be brought into the fold, and JS and MM will have tremendous flexibility all around next season. They are essentially operating with their hands tied, given little to no wiggle room, which, I understand, is hard for many fans to accept. We've been spoiled in the past and have held this team to high expectations. But in order for us to reach those heights again, we have to accept some growing pains and understand that it's all part of the process, something many don't have the patience for, unfortunately. It's best to sit back, enjoy the ride, and let Seahawks history write itself.