Seahawks Sign WR Douglas McNeil to 3-Year Contract

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1sj56va9 said:
If McNeil is still on the roster in August, that tells me he's a real candidate to be one of those unexpected guys to push for a spot.

Sadly, making the team as a WR doesn't necessarily guarantee quality around here. The WR position has been bizarrely immune to the charms of Schneider's roster churn.

Jville

Reaction score
The more long and tall receivers and corners they look at the better.

A lot of them don't know how to make a proper landing. Many come crashing back to earth and in the process tear up leg and arm tissue especially around the joints. Some give themselves concussions bouncing their heads of the turf. Sorting thru as many candidates as possible to find out who has learned how to fall is a big deal for improved availability from week to week.

Seafan

Reaction score
Largent80":2mucbkum said:
If 26 is old, ummmmmmm we are all in trouble.

He's almost 3 years younger than Lockette FWIW.

McNeil, Norton, and Matthews were on the roster last year. I think fans just don't understand it really doesn't matter who is on the roster at WR. And thus the reason this team doesn't re-sign a Golden Tate. It just doesn't matter.

Jimmy Graham is going to help where the help in the passing game is needed the most - the red zone. This offense isn't built to utilize the talents of great WRs. Why pay for them if you aren't going to use them.

This draft is going to be informative to me. With a 2nd great WR class in a row it will be interesting to see if the Hawks believe there is a player out there that can help this offense. IMO the team will be looking for a quality return man first and receiver second.

sutz

Reaction score
Seafan":mnijymmu said:
Largent80":mnijymmu said:
If 26 is old, ummmmmmm we are all in trouble.

He's almost 3 years younger than Lockette FWIW.

McNeil, Norton, and Matthews were on the roster last year. I think fans just don't understand it really doesn't matter who is on the roster at WR. And thus the reason this team doesn't re-sign a Golden Tate. It just doesn't matter.

Jimmy Graham is going to help where the help in the passing game is needed the most - the red zone. This offense isn't built to utilize the talents of great WRs. Why pay for them if you aren't going to use them.

This draft is going to be informative to me. With a 2nd great WR class in a row it will be interesting to see if the Hawks believe there is a player out there that can help this offense. IMO the team will be looking for a quality return man first and receiver second.
Good points. I take the same approach to any and all arguments about how much we need a "True #1 WR." My answer tends to be: Why bother?