Seahawks signing Marquise Goodwin

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This signing is a bit of a head scratcher. The offensive skill positions except for QB are really quite deep though.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Philip Dorset part 2, but heathy. We’ll see what he can bring, if anything.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This signing is a bit of a head scratcher. The offensive skill positions except for QB are really quite deep though.
Behind Lockett and Metcalf, there's little there. The competition for WR3, which is a starting position, is going to be robust. Eskridge is unproven, Swain is mediocre. Bring in a vet to take the job or at least push them.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Goodwin makes the team. He has more experience in the NFL over Eskridge, Melton, and Young. I definitely can see him as #3 WR behind Lockett and Metcalf. They are loaded on WRs so there will be some good competition for the roster spots behind DK and Lockett.

sc85sis

Reaction score
It's too early to write Eskridge off. It took Tate 2-3 years before the light fully came on. I can understand injury concern with Dee considering how bad his concussion was last year, but assuming he can stay healthy, the jury is out on his actual ability to play at this level.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Dee saw himself as an alpha before training camp started last year, and it’ll be interesting to hear how he views himself this training camp.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
But, why ?... Its not like petes going to find a sure handed star at the WR position. I think time and money would be spent on other positions, like MLB.
This reasoning is absolutely absurd. Are you suggesting JS/PC ignore all other roster positions until your perceived depth hole is addressed? What exactly are you suggesting here? And, how is your post anything other than an indication of your pure and complete ignorance of roster building? Seriously, what the actual **** are you thinking when you post something like this?

Chawker

Reaction score
This reasoning is absolutely absurd. Are you suggesting JS/PC ignore all other roster positions until your perceived depth hole is addressed? What exactly are you suggesting here? And, how is your post anything other than an indication of your pure and complete ignorance of roster building? Seriously, what the actual **** are you thinking when you post something like this?
I'm thinking of stopping the run rather than inflateing a well crowded WR room. To have a balance of power on both side of the ball,MLBer is a clear need for improvement where our WRs are busting at the seems.
This is the shit I'm thinking about. Putz !

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I'm thinking of stopping the run rather than inflateing a well crowded WR room. To have a balance of power on both side of the ball,MLBer is a clear need for improvement where our WRs are busting at the seems.
This is the shit I'm thinking about. Putz !
How does adding a player to the 90-man roster on the offensive side of the ball prevent or even slightly impede the ability to address depth on the defensive side of the ball? Your take makes zero logical sense.

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
McVay always has a lightning quick smaller guy on his team:
Tutu Atwell
Brandin Cooks
Tayvon Austin...

There is a reason they picked Eskridge. He has a specific role.
I appreciate this take OTW. And honestly, it's a nuance that I'm shocked more folks either don't realize or don't give enough credence to. The Eskridge pick was made very intentionally and for a couple of different reasons.

I think back to watching the Eskridge pick roll in at 56th overall in 2021. I remember being utterly confused for about 60 seconds after the pick, until I started thinking about Waldron coming from the McVay program and flashing back to how receivers of Dee's size, sudden speed, and start and stop skillset have been used historically in that offense. About 30 seconds later the draft coverage cuts to the war room of the team picking 57th. It's the Rams. In that room I saw panic. McVay's body language looked harried, and his face was all frustration. He wanted that pick. Then, very not coincidentally, the Rams make their selection of Tutu Atwell. A dollar-store Dee Eskridge who is frighteningly more delicate in stature, if you can believe that. I believe Waldron wanted a weapon with Dee's skillset for his offensive installation. An opportunity arose to not only procure that weapon, but also keep that weapon out of the hands of the enemy.

It's way too early to write Eskridge off as a bust after a rookie season lost to injuries. And there is definitely a spot in this offense for him. Goodwin is just the right kind of veteran camp body, not a Dee Eskridge killer.

Chawker

Reaction score
How does adding a player to the 90-man roster on the offensive side of the ball prevent or even slightly impede the ability to address depth on the defensive side of the ball? Your take makes zero logical sense.
Let me explain it to where the mentally impaired can understand it, I hope. Its the shot at having a player at a starting position versus a 90 man rost of WRs. Just think about it,.... It will come to you, maybe very slowly. No typing just slowly think about it.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Let me explain it to where the mentally impaired can understand it, I hope. Its the shot at having a player at a starting position versus a 90 man rost of WRs. Just think about it,.... It will come to you, maybe very slowly. No typing just slowly think about it.
Let me rephrase my initial question: How does adding a player to the 90-man roster for depth and competition on the offensive side of the ball, prevent or even slightly impede the team's ability to add a player at a starting position on the defensive side of the ball? Your take makes zero logical sense.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I am not bothered much by adding yet another WR to the roster.

If any of the signings or draft picks become the WR3 over Eskridge a FIRST ROUND draft choice it will be even more damning of the Seahawks putrid, horrible, sucky, arrogant, idiotic and stupid draft strategies for the past few years. I am hoping this year is different but i couldn’t be more irritatEd and disappointed in the failures in the draft over the years and the draft capital and cap space we have been forced to give up for those mistakes.

as has been pointed out. our SECOND round pick. My mistake. ;)

Last edited:

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
I am not bothered much by adding yet another WR to the roster.

If any of the signings or draft picks become the WR3 over Eskridge a FIRST ROUND draft choice it will be even more damning of the Seahawks putrid, horrible, sucky, arrogant, idiotic and stupid draft strategies for the past few years. I am hoping this year is different but i couldn’t be more irritatEd and disappointed in the failures in the draft over the years and the draft capital and cap space we have been forced to give up for those mistakes.
First pick for the Hawks in 2021? Yes. First round? No. He was #56 overall.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Always fun to bring back the classics and read the original reaction. Keep it rolling Marquise, keep it rolling.
Did anyone catch is post game interview? What a class and humble guy. And his family history is just brutal. He has been thru more than anyone should have to go thru.

94Smith

Reaction score
Always fun to bring back the classics and read the original reaction. Keep it rolling Marquise, keep it rolling.
Did anyone catch is post game interview? What a class and humble guy. And his family history is just brutal. He has been thru more than anyone should have to go thru.
Yeah Marquise is a class act