Seahawks supporter charged with assaulting rival fan at Cent

Barthawk

Reaction score
Rocket":2357pcv7 said:
It's hypocritical to sell beer and to demand perfect demeanor when "tribal nature" is encouraged.

Maybe we need more of the government helping me help myself by regulating how much beer I can consume period.. stadiums, bars, weddings.. and the end of the month you can turn in your beer punchcard if there are any punches left for a free phone or frequent flier miles.

I hope this guy gets jail time. No place for this behavior anywhere..

The Radish

Reaction score
Not to worry about banning alcohol sales at pro football venues.

We're talking more than a $million a game in consessions revenue which the largest part is booze.

Bipolar

Reaction score
by law of large numbers, you will be guaranteed to find a few scumbags among 70,000 people who came to watch the game. add a few drinks and the social darwinism will take over.

mp1375

Reaction score
The guy is banned from the property - this happened in my seats by someone who bought the tickets from me for the game - I was away on business, received call we tracked down guys info and he is banned - sucks that it happened in my seats but teh story they are posting is not what I am hearing actually happened from people who sit around us - at any rate, no excuse for this

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mp1375":fvjmybca said:
The guy is banned from the property - this happened in my seats by someone who bought the tickets from me for the game - I was away on business, received call we tracked down guys info and he is banned - sucks that it happened in my seats but teh story they are posting is not what I am hearing actually happened from people who sit around us - at any rate, no excuse for this

Damn so its your fault? JK. What really happened or what did you hear if you're allowed to say?

mp1375

Reaction score
The Glove not sure how to use this site but here goes:
I received a call that it happened and what I am being told by people who surround our seats is that the Vikings fan heckled these two guys most of the game and that it was back and forth the whole time. I am told the viking fan then on his way out (walked up 5 sets of stairs to confront the guy in my seat who in turn clocked the dude after back and forth and an apparent finger pointing right in punchers face. I don't know guy who bout ticket but heard he is like 6'3" 250 and he levelled him and dude fell down stairs he just walked up - now he was not just leaving if it happened right at my seats cause they are not on the way out so story seems to tell on side.....
I had to fax/email proof i was out of town on business cause they tried to pull my seats -

mp1375

Reaction score
mp1375":20xsn8q0 said:

test

mp1375

Reaction score
mp1375":1alm8uis said:

test

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mp1375":3jlb7cjj said:
The Glove not sure how to use this site but here goes:
I received a call that it happened and what I am being told by people who surround our seats is that the Vikings fan heckled these two guys most of the game and that it was back and forth the whole time. I am told the viking fan then on his way out (walked up 5 sets of stairs to confront the guy in my seat who in turn clocked the dude after back and forth and an apparent finger pointing right in punchers face. I don't know guy who bout ticket but heard he is like 6'3" 250 and he levelled him and dude fell down stairs he just walked up - now he was not just leaving if it happened right at my seats cause they are not on the way out so story seems to tell on side.....
I had to fax/email proof i was out of town on business cause they tried to pull my seats -

Damn that sucks...that's the rough part about selling your seats to a stranger. Sounds like the Vikes fan wasn't just some innocent fan walking by but an instigator. With that said, the guy should've held back on the punch and grabbed him for putting his finger in his face. That's a no-no IMO

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
After hearing a little more about the story, it seems to have little to do with football once the punch was thrown.

I'd chalk this up to one idiot getting into the face of another person, and getting what he asked for.

Just sucks it was at a football game, where people take their families.

YouMadBrah?

Reaction score
From someone sitting in the section where the incident went down. The situation could've & should've been avoided, a little common sense would've gone a long way in this instance. I don't know either guy but I'm guessing both wish they could go back in time and take back the way they acted & reacted. Having said that, the article written on this incident is littered with inaccuracies in my opinion.

First off, myself and numerous other people in the section noticed the Vikings fan from the very beginning of the game. He was in a section below and was turning around taunting, instigating, and generally bringing attention to himself from the opening kick off. Someone would yell something at him & he would gesture to bring it on. The notion that he was engaging in friendly back & forth or fan banter is not accurate in my opinion, he may have been having fun with some people but for everyone one of those there were numerous people that weren't too stoked with his antics and were engaging him with less than friendly vocabulary.

Secondly, the notion that he got cold cocked on his way out of the stadium is completely false. He was in a lower section next to the field (below the concourse), if he wanted to leave he could've walked to the concourse & exited. That's not what he did, instead he walked up to the concourse and then walked up the set of stairs to the section where the incident occurred (which is ABOVE where he could've left). So basically he left his section & willingly entered the section where this occurred.

I did not see the punching incident itself. I remember thinking "what is this guy doing?" as he walked up the steps but I turned to watch the next play, which is when the incident took place, and and then noticed the ensuing commotion after the Viking fan got knocked down after the play ended. Nobody "deserves" to get knocked out at a sporting event and like I said earlier it could've & should've been avoided. Now unfortunately both guys are going to have to pay the consequences (one with injuries & one legally).

As a Hawk fan what's unfortunate to me is the light in which articles like this portray us to be. Ever since last year's 49er game it seems to be a hot button topic for media in the Seattle area. For being such a passionate fan base I think we as a whole generally do a very good job of avoiding instances like this. In the past whenever I've seen the threat of something happening both alcohol enforcement and the police are right on top of things before it can get out of hand.

Here's to hoping for another 49er beat down at the Clink without any beat down's in the stands!!!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
YouMadBrah?":1u4n68ew said:
From someone sitting in the section where the incident went down. The situation could've & should've been avoided, a little common sense would've gone a long way in this instance. I don't know either guy but I'm guessing both wish they could go back in time and take back the way they acted & reacted. Having said that, the article written on this incident is littered with inaccuracies in my opinion.

First off, myself and numerous other people in the section noticed the Vikings fan from the very beginning of the game. He was in a section below and was turning around taunting, instigating, and generally bringing attention to himself from the opening kick off. Someone would yell something at him & he would gesture to bring it on. The notion that he was engaging in friendly back & forth or fan banter is not accurate in my opinion, he may have been having fun with some people but for everyone one of those there were numerous people that weren't too stoked with his antics and were engaging him with less than friendly vocabulary.

Secondly, the notion that he got cold cocked on his way out of the stadium is completely false. He was in a lower section next to the field (below the concourse), if he wanted to leave he could've walked to the concourse & exited. That's not what he did, instead he walked up to the concourse and then walked up the set of stairs to the section where the incident occurred (which is ABOVE where he could've left). So basically he left his section & willingly entered the section where this occurred.

I did not see the punching incident itself. I remember thinking "what is this guy doing?" as he walked up the steps but I turned to watch the next play, which is when the incident took place, and and then noticed the ensuing commotion after the Viking fan got knocked down after the play ended. Nobody "deserves" to get knocked out at a sporting event and like I said earlier it could've & should've been avoided. Now unfortunately both guys are going to have to pay the consequences (one with injuries & one legally).

As a Hawk fan what's unfortunate to me is the light in which articles like this portray us to be. Ever since last year's 49er game it seems to be a hot button topic for media in the Seattle area. For being such a passionate fan base I think we as a whole generally do a very good job of avoiding instances like this. In the past whenever I've seen the threat of something happening both alcohol enforcement and the police are right on top of things before it can get out of hand.

Here's to hoping for another 49er beat down at the Clink without any beat down's in the stands!!!
So another eyewitness account that shows the article is pretty much incorrect. Damn I hate the media.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The Vikings fan should not have gotten in the other guy's face. Regardless, there is no excuse for punching him out. It takes two to tango.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Media in 'twisting course of events to make better headline' shocker.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seahawk fans don't throw sucker punches, only suckers do. Hope the beatdowns are contained to the field only, no need for fan on fan violence.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
It takes all kinds, and all kinds shouldn't be allowed in the Stadium... The Undercover Police don't bother me at all, because I have no reason to be bothered... Most fans are great! But, there's always one that just doesn't get it... They walk amongst us... :roll:

jkitsune

Reaction score
The story above makes me wonder if the incident in the article and the incident that was witnessed are actually the same ones. No doubt there's more than one assault in a crowd of 70,000 on a given day.

the ditch

Reaction score
The problem is if you have almost 70,000 people in the stadium, even if only 0.1% of the people in there are being idiots, that's still a decent amount of idiots. I'm always wary when I sell or give my tickets away because I don't want something like that to happen in my seats.

Latest posts