Seahawks Throwbacks - Not Anytime Soon

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Good. Can we sticky this thread so a new throwbacks isn't started every week? Tired of the throwback threads, it ain't happening this year folks, let it go please.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BOOOO!!!

I've been waiting for years to see our latest team wearing retros. Why can't they simply use the same technology helmets for the retros design? I'm confused about that part.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Aros":39pobqpv said:
BOOOO!!!

I've been waiting for years to see our latest team wearing retros. Why can't they simply use the same technology helmets for the retros design? I'm confused about that part.

That's not the issue. They want the player to wear the same actual helmet each game that is fitted to that particular player's needs.

Decimation

Reaction score
Ah man..

Would be cool if we did have the retro throwbacks. It would be appealing to the older fans and bring some nostalgia.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I don't get it. Why can't they just paint the same helmet differently for the one game?

Not sure if it's the same deal. But the Bears wore their old logo-less throwbacks this past week. Where as in week 1 they wore their standard C logo helmets.

Go Hawks.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":35rndbpm said:
I don't get it. Why can't they just paint the same helmet differently for the one game?

Not sure if it's the same deal. But the Bears wore their old logo-less throwbacks this past week. Where as in week 1 they wore their standard C logo helmets.

Go Hawks.
The rules for uniforms seem pretty arbitrary. Supposedly new uniforms designs, once NFL approved, cannot be changed for five years. Yet several teams made modifications to their uniforms this year, principally to get rid of that awful Nike neck roll. So, evidently, you can make minor changes to new uniform designs. This gives me hope we can do something with the lime shoulder blob, which is the only element I really hate about our jerseys.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
The old uni's and Hawk logo sucked IMO, compared to the new/current logo, and I have been a season ticket holder since the late 80's.

Just my two cents worth.

GO HAWKS!!!

C-Dub

Reaction score
Decimation":iem7e08m said:
Ah man..

Would be cool if we did have the retro throwbacks. It would be appealing to the older fans and bring some nostalgia.
Nostalgia of suck maybe. I don't want to be reminded.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
C-Dub":2uuhvrin said:
Decimation":2uuhvrin said:
Ah man..

Nostalgia of suck maybe. I don't want to be reminded.

We had some really good years in those old unis. And even in the rough years we had some really cool moments.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
For the record. I only want to wear our throwbacks as a once every couple years kinda deal. In no way do I want to be like the Patriots and wear them half of the time. It would just be fun to see in a nostalgic way.

Go Hawks.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
SeaTown81":m112tume said:
For the record. I only want to wear our throwbacks as a once every couple years kinda deal. In no way do I want to be like the Patriots and wear them half of the time. It would just be fun to see in a nostalgic way.

Go Hawks.

Exactly. It's just throwing us a bone once every few years. I grew up watching the Hawks in the old silver and blue and I'd love to see it again. Marshawn, Russ, and Sherm would be awesome to see in the old unis.

And for the record, the thing I really appreciate in the new uniforms is that they brought back the grey.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The only time we should wear our throwbacks is when we're playing the Broncos and they're wearing throwbacks from the same era.

pmedic920

Reaction score
IMO this is a new era. I own one of the old helmets , but I don't miss them on the field. I really like what we have now. I'd be ok with one game a year for old times sake. But I wouldn't be upset if we never wore them again, either.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Currently we have blue helmets

The color is added to the plastic -- it's not just painted on

So, we can't simply take the player helmets, put some silver paint on them, and then take it off a week later

The helmets would look terrible and the paint would come off with every hit

This is a pretty serious deterrent to wearing throwbacks for the Seahawks

minormillikin

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3lp4ak2j said:
The helmets would look terrible and the paint would come off with every hit

This sounds awesome. The old helmet would morph into the new helmet over the course of the game.

Latest posts