Seahawks unrestricted free agents list

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'd like to get Jones back on a cheap contract, but I'd be worried about his continued health.

BamKam

Reaction score
Branch and Haushka are the only 2 I think we need to keep.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
kinda need Branch and/or Jones just to have enough guys.

Hauschka is average, we can find an average kicker or keep him.

Undecided on Hill; injury concerns may mean he's gone, but if we could sign him cheap then i could see him staying for depth. Have a feeling we draft a guy or Malcom Smith takes his spot.

Morrah is as good as gone IMO thanks to a decent season by Mccoy, and a great finish by Miller.

Who knows on Omiyale, he's just depth.

I have a strong feeling Trufant will Retire. If not I wouldn't mind having him around for his veteran presense but I think we need to get younger at his position.

Bipolar

Reaction score
Trufant really needs to aknowledge his limitations and quit on a high note. he had a great game yesterday.

as much as we all love him, Tru became a liability for this team during this season and it will get uglier next year, if he stays.

we definitely need to resign Branch. the jury is still out on Jones and Haushka. everybody else is expendable given our 10 draft picks in three months.

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I personally think that we need to replace Hauschka with someone like Vikings or Rams kicker.

Rams kicker kicked a 60 yarder vs us in a dome. We could have attempted that yesterday instead of a hail mary on the last play. You never know what was going to happen....

ceej22

Reaction score
IF Tru comes back it will likely be as a veteran presence in hopes of getting a ring. His back has been hurting for years and Lane, Maxwell, and a healthy Thurmond should all be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Resigning Branch and Jones seems to be biggest priority.

Hauschka will probably be back as well. He seems pretty consistent under 50. If we can get a guy that can hit 8/10 54+ yards than yeah get him otherwise Hauschka is fine.

Hill could be a good value veteran add. I wouldn't say we are terribly deep at LB.

The other 2 will likely be let go. Gotta make room for the rookies. Same will probably be true for Tru and Hill. None of these guys are likely to get paid too much though and there are other DTs/DEs out there.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2j75k6f9 said:
I'd like to get Jones back on a cheap contract, but I'd be worried about his continued health.

I doubt it. Everyone gets overpaid in Free Agency, but if we can do it it would be awesome.

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
The Battle #83":13s9m26x said:
Sarlacc83":13s9m26x said:

I doubt it. Everyone gets overpaid in Free Agency, but if we can do it it would be awesome.

If we are going to overpay Jones then I would rather sign DT Henry Melton as a FA than resigning Jason Jones. Similar size but a better player in my opinion

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3i79wvi4 said:
SeahawksFanForever":3i79wvi4 said:
Zebulon Dak":3i79wvi4 said:
I swear Morrah's better than McCoy. Maybe I'm trippin.

Morrah is faster than McCoy

Pretty sure he can catch better too. Must be the blocking.

Maybe but I was impressed with the McCoy's improvement this year. He went from stone hands to making impact in some of the games during regular season.

HawksFan83

Reaction score
Jason Jones wont be a high priced free agent, I dont think he had the kind of season to warrent a bigger pay day, and with his injury that would also limit the amount of money he would receive.

I say lets see what happens in the draft/free agent market before we worry about J. Jones coming back.

I'd like to keep Alan Branch as well, he's a big presence for us.

I would also like to keep Haushka, I think the guy is good, he's still young, and he works well with Ryan.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2pfulytr said:
The Battle #83":2pfulytr said:
Sarlacc83":2pfulytr said:

If we are going to overpay Jones then I would rather sign DT Henry Melton as a FA than resigning Jason Jones. Similar size but a better player in my opinion

meant if we could get Jones cheap it would be awesome

kearly

Reaction score
Maragos, Gresham, and McDonald are all RFA's in addition to the list above.

I would happily bring back Jones if Seattle can't upgrade in FA. He was almost exactly what I expected him to be this season, a valuable role player.

Alan Branch is a must re-sign, unless we get someone better. Valuable starter that provides hard to find quality depth for Bryant/Mebane.

Steven Hauschka is a no-brainer.

I'd like to see Omiyale back. His performance this year did not feel like a fluke- like McQuistan and Giacomini, he was a bad player salvaged by awesome OL coaching.

Morrah will probably get a camp invite.

I'd like to see both Hill and Trufant replaced. Better a year too early than a year too late.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
We have 10 picks in the draft... I think we replace a lot of these people there.

seabowl

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":iguczose said:

I just don't see what others see in Jones. Dude while he was in there did nothing for us

ensett

Reaction score
depends on price, but id like to bring them all back and have them compete with some newcomers

Latest posts