Seahawks vs. Broncos in SBnation power poll article

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems like the normal stuff one would expect from fans. None of this stuff is really intended to generate honest discussions.

Just shows me that the national narrative is still that the Seahawks are pretenders awaiting to be exposed. Elitist fans of the Broncos and other entitled fanbases probably still feel the Seahawks are beneath them and the stench of the loss has to be rationalized away.

Do not care. The fact a fan of the team that lost 43-8 would say "Enjoy our rings" just shows me how deluded people are. How could anyone claiming to be an adult form these words in a publicly viewable quote? There are a lot of weak-minded people in this world. John Wayne is not a happy camper in the great beyond.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I love the part about our roster being "gutted" in free agency and all of them being replaced by scrub free agents and low draft picks. They then follow it up with how well that's worked in the past, but it can't keep working......right? Right????

kpak76

Reaction score
Nothing to see here. Homer article written by homer fans trying to pass themselves as legit sports writers.

There was absoultely zero effort in maintaining objectivity which is key in journalism. If you're a true professional you dont pick sides. The author basically begrudgeing gave te Hawks the #1 ranking with nothing but huge buts. They obviously dont believe that the Hawks are #1 with how they write.

Homer site,
Homer author,
written for homer fans.

I say move on and let week 3 decide the fate.

kpak76

Reaction score
BTW who is Time Lynch???

Someone trying to make a name for himself because he has the same last name as a Bronco great?

ManBunts

Reaction score
Wait, what!?! This comment:
Pete: Mark my words, Seattle will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. They have 2013 Falcons written all over them. They think they can do nothing to improve because they are that good. Well guess what? The rest of the league tried to improve while you sat by and got worse. Enjoy your ring, it’ll be the last time you get one for a while!

2013 Falcons!? How does a team that lost the NFC Championship game, remind you of a team that WON THE SUPER BOWL?

This is laughable. I like the guy that admits he puts the Broncos ahead just out of bitterness. I appreciate the blind fandom and honesty there, he's not trying to convince himself with some backwards rationale about the Falcons or our drafting methods.

Regardless, we showed the world how to beat the Broncos, and I bet the world took notes. I think they make the playoffs next year, but based only on the sheer weakness of the AFC. But when we're in the Super Bowl next year, it won't be them on the other end of our whoopin' stick

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ManBunts":32iigwop said:
Wait, what!?! This comment:
Pete: Mark my words, Seattle will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. They have 2013 Falcons written all over them. They think they can do nothing to improve because they are that good. Well guess what? The rest of the league tried to improve while you sat by and got worse. Enjoy your ring, it’ll be the last time you get one for a while!

2013 Falcons!? How does a team that lost the NFC Championship game, remind you of a team that WON THE SUPER BOWL?

This is laughable. I like the guy that admits he puts the Broncos ahead just out of bitterness. I appreciate the blind fandom and honesty there, he's not trying to convince himself with some backwards rationale about the Falcons or our drafting methods.

Regardless, we showed the world how to beat the Broncos, and I bet the world took notes. I think they make the playoffs next year, but based only on the sheer weakness of the AFC. But when we're in the Super Bowl next year, it won't be them on the other end of our whoopin' stick
And which coach or player has said Seattle is too good to improve? Once he claimed to somehow know what entire team thinks, he went off the deep end.
Maybe he means the fan base? Though I fail to understand how Seattle fans being way to confident will affect the play of the team.

hawk45

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":24u363p8 said:
The 49ers are the second best team in the NFL and that should be obvious. The Denver homers are morons
Nailed it. The ring is won in the NFCCG these days, couldn't care less who comes out of the AFC.

Heck the ring is won as soon as homefield is decided between Seattle and Santa Clara. Although we have a better chance of stealing a win in Santa Clara than the Niners have of taking one at Century Link.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
My only dissapointment from that games is they didn't pan over to Mr. Ed more often...like after every score, stop, int and big hit we made [IMP]

BlueTalon

Reaction score
hawk45":1j1srhet said:
Missing_Clink":1j1srhet said:
The 49ers are the second best team in the NFL and that should be obvious. The Denver homers are morons
Nailed it. The ring is won in the NFCCG these days, couldn't care less who comes out of the AFC.

Heck the ring is won as soon as homefield is decided between Seattle and Santa Clara. Although we have a better chance of stealing a win in Santa Clara than the Niners have of taking one at Century Link.
You can say that, but the Digits went to the Super Bowl last year and lost it. So "these days" started very recently -- and while it looks like it will be that way for a while, there's no guarantee it won't change sooner than we might like.

Sac

Reaction score
One thing you can say about Denver is that when they lose a Super Bowl, they really lose a Super Bowl.

Those grapes are sour.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
BlueTalon":16ktkutr said:
hawk45":16ktkutr said:
Missing_Clink":16ktkutr said:

You can say that, but the Digits went to the Super Bowl last year and lost it. So "these days" started very recently -- and while it looks like it will be that way for a while, there's no guarantee it won't change sooner than we might like.

That really is the kicker. You can't just write off the AFC and assume they wouldn't put up a fight. The 9ers-Ravens super bowl was suppose to heavily favor the 9ers but just like Fox, Harbaugh did not have his team ready and if not for a 37 minute blackout that heavily favored the younger team, that game would have likely ended in a blow out.

Jimmy has never succeeded at finishing. He orchestrated two very good college programs that never won a national title and now has orchestrated a very good team in the pro's but again he has come up short three years in a row. Some people just can't finish and Jimmy is making an argument for being the perfect example of that.

The Ninerds also don't have the same strengths we do and their running game was all but lost by the end of the season. Without Bowman I don't see them getting pressure on Manning like we did and with their secondary Manning would have had a field day. It's a big question if they would have been able to contain Kaepernick but they game planned to stop Lynch and did exactly that. The difference is if you take away our running game Wilson will still beat you If you stop Kaep from running he won't beat you with his arm.

I know the Ninerds want to think they would have steam rolled Denver like we did but there is no guarantee that would have happened and based on the past and the strength and weakness difference of our teams it is just as likely they would have been steam rolled in stead.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The only team that can say with a straight face right now that they are on par with the Seahawks in talent and coaching are the 49ers. The rest of the league is behind those two teams, by a pretty wide margin.

The only way that changes is if injuries hit either team.. otherwise 2014 will be just like 2013 with the rubber match of Seahawks-49ers determining the likely champion.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2c7dndw2 said:
The only team that can say with a straight face right now that they are on par with the Seahawks in talent and coaching are the 49ers. The rest of the league is behind those two teams, by a pretty wide margin.

The only way that changes is if injuries hit either team.. otherwise 2014 will be just like 2013 with the rubber match of Seahawks-49ers determining the likely champion.

Mmmmm, I'd contest that slightly. Not our team, but the 49ers. It seems like there are a LOT of asterisks there. Aldon Smith is suspended for sure (to what degree, who knows, but it'd better be more than 4 games), Bowman is in for a long recovery, and their D-line is aging. Vernon is disgruntled, their WRs are old or injury prone. Not saying they're not a great team, but it seems like there are so many places where one thing can go wrong and unravel it all.

Frankly I've got my eye on the Packers, Eagles and Cardinals for NFC competition. The only thing holding these guys back is the lack of a defensive punch. As for the AFC...I just can't get scared of anything there.