Seattle DESERVES a Championship - Make it happen Hawks

falcongoggles

Reaction score
It almost brings a tear to my eye thinking about how fired up this city gets when teams are doing well. Space needle flying the 12th man with the roof painted, the raising of the flag at games, banners everywhere, cooler talk running rampant. We gave the sports world BeastQuake.

We've gone through hell as sports fans - SB *40, losing the Sonics, the Huskies going 0-12 the same year, losing the Sonics again, Mariners setting the regular season record and then falling flat to the Yankees, Mariners first $100M payroll to lose 100 games.

Seattle is everywhere on the global level - Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, Brooks shoes, K2, Rhapsody, Costco, Eddie Bauer, REI and Boeing. The city defined music in the 90s. It's a joy living overseas and telling people I live in Seattle. At first they say, where? Then I say - you know the city, you just don't know it and then I reference our companies and literally everyone knows them. You can't say the same thing about other cities in America outside of a handful i.e. LA, Las Vegas, New York and Chicago (at times).

The city has the highest rate of job growth this last quarter. We are an engine of research and innovation.

Did I mention it's beautiful?

Seattle has great fans, is a leading city in America and the world and deserves a championship!

Ry3D480

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I miss it very much. Especially living here in the Central Valley of Califorina. Two straight months of over 100 degree weather. :evil:

mretrade

Reaction score
Yeah seriously? They deserve a championship? Everything is earned. Talk about entitlement.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
mretrade":14h157w1 said:
Yeah seriously? They deserve a championship? Everything is earned. Talk about entitlement.

You are a troll. Can't believe you still are able to post here.

WI-Hawkfan

Reaction score
I've been in WI for 14 years now and I still talk about WA so much it's a running joke at my work. Nothing beats the PNW.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm sure there are 31 other NFL cities that think they deserve to win a Championship as well. And in fact i'd argue that all those other things that you listed that are great about Seattle makes them deserve it less. Look at the people of Cleveland for example. Their team has not even had any hope for the last 15 years. But still they're a loyal, rabid fan base. They have nothing special about their city. They deserve a championship much more then Seattle, Imo.

But as others have said, luckily deserved has nothing to do with it. Gotta win it on the field, which the Seahawks will do.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I will cry if we win the Superbowl. My butt is finally starting to heal from the lombardi that nfl referees abused it with and it's about time that something "Superb" comes around.

Love your description of the city Falcongoggles and I have some fond memories of the times I have spent there. One of my dad's oldest friends (both have since passed) lived there and I'd always make it a point to stop by and visit his family if I was traveling anywhere. I was really impressed by pictures of his granddaughter doing her ballet, it was obvious she worked very hard at it and it paid off for her in the end (Erika Christensen).

The Space Needle is so cool and the history of the World's Fair there is worth going online and checking out for those that aren't familiar with it. I remember driving through Seattle once on a road trip to Florida and we made the mistake of cutting through town at 5:00PM! First time I have ever shut the engine off while waiting for 10 lanes of traffic to move. There was a benefit to that though, we got stuck right next to Husky stadium during a football game and I was looking at all the people in the stadium when it just ERUPTED! They must have scored a TD because the stadium became a living creature with all of those people jumping up with their hands in the air. I'll never forget that moment, a mass of humanity moving as one. I can't wait until the day I get to see a Seahawks game at Clink. I've seen the Sonics play which was fun, and went to a Cowboys game, but that was in a private box and boring as hell. The players looked like ants and I just wanted to be down with the crowd, near the game. Why would anyone want to sit up that high? Better off at home, with a flat screen.

The only thing we have in Fairbanks/North Pole worth going to is CCHA Hockey, but it is very good hockey. We've even managed to put an occassional player in the NHL. Albeit players we recruited from Canada :D

I love Seattle's lush green hillsides, lakes and ocean views, and what is to me, an iconic football team. Iconic because of their meager beginnings, HOF players, and the progress they have made as a small market team in "south alaska." This spring I hope to see a Lombardi trophy right next to the game ball that Mike Holmgren gave to the 12th man after their rousing performance against the "New York Football Giants."

I think this is going to be a season to remember, and we owe it all to Paul Allen, John Schneider, Pete Carroll, and the 12th Man. "Go Hawks!"

mretrade

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2o2flkex said:
mretrade":2o2flkex said:

I really am not, which is why I am still here. No one deserves anything. If the Seahawks want a championship, they will go out there and take it. And that is the way it should be and its much most fun that way. That's where the whole compete thing comes from ;)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I don't think the op ment for you guys to think we should be just given a championship.

I think he explained it fairly well that a wonderful city as ours should have one and deserves to have one. Hopefully we will accomplish the feat someday.

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't think the team deserves a championship, i agree they must earn it. However i do believe the fans like me who have been a Mariner, Sonic, Seahawk, Cougar fan for the better part of 35+ years deserve one, anyone will do at this point.

as far as mretrade: you may not be a troll, but the attitude in which you post suggest otherwise. You want to see entitlement go to the GB, NE and recently the Carolina boards for some odd reason, you'll get your fill. Or maybe visit your own for your daily helping.

Bipolar

Reaction score
falcongoggles":lyf0duo8 said:
Seattle is everywhere on the global level - Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, Brooks shoes, K2, Rhapsody, Costco, Eddie Bauer, REI and Boeing.

you forgot Expedia and Valve :).

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
mretrade":14s1a3gi said:
Tech Worlds":14s1a3gi said:
mretrade":14s1a3gi said:

I really am not, which is why I am still here. No one deserves anything. If the Seahawks want a championship, they will go out there and take it. And that is the way it should be and its much most fun that way. That's where the whole compete thing comes from ;)

He said SEATTLE deserves a championship. The city. The people. And we do. He didn't say the Seahawks didn't have to earn it. Learn to read and GTFOH.

Latest posts