Seattle Mariners at Houston Astros May 3-5...

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Way to come through Mariners! Still fighting til the end. Lost the Quality start streak, though. :(

I thought Cal's power side was from the left. :)

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
Bats coming to life, a little, but we should have roughed up Hunter Brown who came into the game with an ERA of 9.50 for more than 2 runs.

We're still second to last in the AL for runs scored.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
'Stros have been struggling so far this year. Good to see us get a leg up on them before they start getting healthy. Just looking at the matchups and we deserved the series win going in. Leave out the brain farts Fri night and we could have swept them, but that's baseball. 19-15, 4 games over .500 in early May. Not a bad place to be and worlds ahead of where we were last season.

bileever

Reaction score
'Stros have been struggling so far this year. Good to see us get a leg up on them before they start getting healthy. Just looking at the matchups and we deserved the series win going in. Leave out the brain farts Fri night and we could have swept them, but that's baseball. 19-15, 4 games over .500 in early May. Not a bad place to be and worlds ahead of where we were last season.
Not to mention where we were three weeks ago.

stack55

Reaction score
Up 2-0 but Julio strikes out on terrible pitches with bases loaded 0 out. Hes the one who should be sitting for a game or two. Literally no coaching going on. There was no reason to go up there swinging like an idiot. Scotty is too much of a wimp to say "hey Julio idk about going up there hacking, pitcher can't locate". I've never seen such stupid managing in my life. He can't even talk with his own players. Can't coach them. Can't nothing. Push over wimp whos too scared. Almost every game with these derps. It would truly be a miracle if Scotty and Manny bring Seattle a World Series. A true miracle. If this team had an average not elite pitching staff they easily have one of the worst records in the league.

Julio strikes out on literally nothing but balls again. Game should be blown open. If Julio literally just stands there in the box he has an RBI and 3 walks. Ms would have had bases loaded 0 out again, and man on 1st and 3rd the next inning.
There is no coaching going on. I wouldn't even want these guys managing vending machine inventory at a school. It's a joke.
This team has stranded so many runs, and you’re right. Julio is
really underperforming. Some thin needs to snap him out of it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Up 2-0 but Julio strikes out on terrible pitches with bases loaded 0 out. Hes the one who should be sitting for a game or two. Literally no coaching going on. There was no reason to go up there swinging like an idiot. Scotty is too much of a wimp to say "hey Julio idk about going up there hacking, pitcher can't locate". I've never seen such stupid managing in my life. He can't even talk with his own players. Can't coach them. Can't nothing. Push over wimp whos too scared. Almost every game with these derps. It would truly be a miracle if Scotty and Manny bring Seattle a World Series. A true miracle. If this team had an average not elite pitching staff they easily have one of the worst records in the league.

Julio strikes out on literally nothing but balls again. Game should be blown open. If Julio literally just stands there in the box he has an RBI and 3 walks. Ms would have had bases loaded 0 out again, and man on 1st and 3rd the next inning.
There is no coaching going on. I wouldn't even want these guys managing vending machine inventory at a school. It's a joke.
Did Scott turn down a autograph for u or something? 😂😂

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Scotty on the verge of blowing another game. Can't properly manage a game when the opposing pitcher can't throw strikes. Incapable of learning after almost a decade as the skipper. Lol so many are saying the same thing on other Mariner forums/social media I mean it's not even debatable anymore it's a poorly managed team. Seahawks and Kraken moved onto different coaches staffs this year. Time for Ms. Don't care how good the pitching is this is ridiculous.
Other ppl who dont know ball like u are the only ones. "Why did he pull Kirby at 88 pitches". "He should have pulled miller at 77 pitches". You guys are delusional. If you want to hate, at least provide stats. He has the 2nd most wins above expected since 2018. It means he does more with less. How thick brained can u be?

Ruminator

Reaction score
This team has stranded so many runs, and you’re right. Julio is
really underperforming. Some thin needs to snap him out of it.
Sometimes one doesn't realize he has vision issues until he is seen by an optometrist. Wondering if Julio has ever had his vision checked. The way he's been having a heck of a time making solid contact... just makes you wonder.

bileever

Reaction score
Julio is too good to be flailing like he is. On the other hand, he's gone through siimilar stretches where he's struggled, especially at the beginning of the season. Last year, he had similarly tough start and had a lower BA (.240) at this point. And of course, in 2022, he got off to that horrendous start, batting .205 for the first month with no homers. So by comparison, he's not doing worse than the last two years.

The coaches have to help him identify what gets him off to such a poor start each year so that he can avoid it next year.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Sometimes one doesn't realize he has vision issues until he is seen by an optometrist. Wondering if Julio has ever had his vision checked. The way he's been having a heck of a time making solid contact... just makes you wonder.
IDK because he sure seems to be grabbing fly balls at the wall.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Other ppl who dont know ball like u are the only ones. "Why did he pull Kirby at 88 pitches". "He should have pulled miller at 77 pitches". You guys are delusional. If you want to hate, at least provide stats. He has the 2nd most wins above expected since 2018. It means he does more with less. How thick brained can u be?
Lol you say I'm right on my other post about the coaching but this one you say I "don't know ball". LOL!
I know ball. And if you did research you would know Kirby was pulled because of a leg issue.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Lol you say I'm right on my other post about the coaching but this one you say I "don't know ball". LOL!
I know ball. And if you did research you would know Kirby was pulled because of a leg issue.
U know ball like Machado vs the Rockies tonight. 😂😂😂😉😉😉

Latest posts