Seattle Mariners @ New York Mets Sep 1-3

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cannot drop 2 out of 3 to a bad Mets team right there.
Half their team looks like the fat beer league softball buddies I was teammates with 20 years ago.

This series might come back to bite them in the ass.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Showalter out managed SS and his crew. Not really a knock on them though Buck has been in the league for decades. Guy is not a scrub.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Showalter out managed SS and his crew. Not really a knock on them though Buck has been in the league for decades. Guy is not a scrub.
BS
I saw players not performing like they are capable of..Castillo,Kirby,Munoz and a few others.
SS doesn't control that.

Chapow

Reaction score

One of the best young starting pitchers in baseball, in George Kirby, had a really bad outing, and we got essentially no offense today outside of a dinger from Ford and a dinger from Canzone. Essentially nothing from JP, Julio, Teo, Cal, or Geno. But I'd love to hear how you've come to the conclusion that the loss was due to Servais getting out managed.

Look, I get that your automatic default reaction to any loss is to blame Servais, like it's deeply imbedded in your code and you just can't help it, but believe it or not, sometimes the players just don't play well enough to win regardless of anything the manager does or doesn't do.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Buck had his pitchers throw balls on purpose he knew Ms were a swing happy team that strikes out a ton. Buck also had his hitters try to jump on Kirby early he knew Kirby doesn't walk guys. Guaranteed those were the plans. Tough series loss the reality is they got out played and out managed. Next up is David Bell (ex 2001 Mariner) and the Reds. A series win there would be huge because Astros and Rangers play each other next.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Buck had his pitchers throw balls on purpose he knew Ms were a swing happy team that strikes out a ton. Buck also had his hitters try to jump on Kirby early he knew Kirby doesn't walk guys. Guaranteed those were the plans. Tough series loss the reality is they got out played and out managed. Next up is David Bell (ex 2001 Mariner) and the Reds. A series win there would be huge because Astros and Rangers play each other next.
Yeah, Kiryby needs to throw in some just for giggles balls.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Like all young pitchers, Kirby needs to learn to throw some balls out of the zone. Sunday, he didn't have an "out" pitch that worked for him.

Threedee

Reaction score
My only complaint was having guys like Moore batting in the ninth. I am just not a firm believer in the DMo...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SS has little to do with our lack of success against the Mets. It’s not his fault Castillo and Kirby had bad outings and most of our offense didn’t show up.

Chapow

Reaction score

If it's so easy to beat the M's with such a simple game plan as "just throw balls", then why didn't Buck do that on Saturday when we scored 8 runs, and why have the M's won so much since July 1st? Surely Buck isn't the only manager in baseball that knows the M's strikeout a lot?