Seattle Mariners vs Texas Rangers Series Apr 19-21

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
what a strange game, especially for JP. He jacks a 3 run homer in the 1st, then has 2 errors later. It's rare, but it happens.
Sometimes you just give a game away. Still won back to back series, keep it rollin.
On a side note, WTF is with the called strike outs on Julio? Over HALF of them are not even close to being a strike. Kid is showing that he has an incredible eye for the strike zone, and how take pitches. He's being punished for it. Yes, I realize he needs to take the bat off of his shoulders, but geezus man, it's ridiculous some of these "strike outs" he gets.

Last edited:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's not that he's wrong. It's just another "how much blame" discussion. For me, 2 ER against a good offensive club I will take every time. Marco has pitched fine his past 2 starts after the debacle in Minnesota. It's hard to win a game when you commit 3 errors they almost pulled it off.
I think you are getting too caught up in the “only 2 ER” stuff though. Those 2 runs after the defensive meltdown that inning still count game wise, but Fair enough.

Then they came back to tie it after that then the BP choked.

A crap game overall after the first inning.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
what a strange game, especially for JP. He jacks a 3 run homer in the 1st, then has 2 errors later. It's rare, but it happens.
Sometimes you just give a game away. Still won back to back series, keep it rollin.
On a side note, WTF is with the called strike outs on Julio. Over HALF of them are not even close to being a strike. Kid is showing that he has an incredible eye for the strike zone, and how take pitches. He's being punished for it. Yes, I realize he needs to take the bat off of his shoulders, but geezus man, it's ridiculous some of these "strike outs" he gets.
The umpires have been horrible, not sure if it’s a concentrated effort, JK is getting hosed at well at times.
MLB should be ashamed at this piss poor performance level by their umpires.

But, with that being said Julio’s and JK’s “approaches” to the AB’s are horrible. Take the AB out of the umps hands. Don’t give the ump a chance to ring you up. Try and avoid 2 strike counts and be aggressive early in the AB’s. This passive approach the M’s teach their young players is not a good idea IMHO and is a major part of the problem. These guys need to actually swing at the pitches they are taking for strikes early in the counts.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I couldn't believe we lost that lead and game but yeah
it happens to all the teams.
As for JRod and JK I agree you could swing at the obvious
first pitch strikes more but it can be the M's want their
batters to cut down on strikeouts,Make more contact and
wear the SP out with more pitches.
It looks like the Cubs approach when they had a young power
lineup and they won a WS.
It may take awhile but already I think the offense is better than
last season and a few haven't gotten warm yet.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
We're still a game above .500. Bring on the Royals!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep. Flush the turd of last nights game, and hope the mistakes are corrected.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't think so broski. Thats why they separate "runs" from "earned runs". Earned runs are the most important stat for a pitcher.
Like many stats they only tell part of the story IMHO.
Last word is yours.