Shanahan's backpack with playbook temporarily missing

RichNhansom

Reaction score
This is probably Quinn being tricky. Knowing how slimy BB is he planted a fake play book knowing the Pats would try and steal it.

Going to be hilarious when the Pats get blown out and look lost and confused the whole game only for Quinn to come out after the game and admit he planted a fake playbook.

I remember something about another coach that left fake play sheets in the locker room against the Pats for that very reason. Can't remember who it was though.

http://uproxx.com/sports/new-england-pa ... k-muahaha/

"Many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn’t even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team’s offense. (The practice became so notorious that some coaches put out fake play sheets for the Patriots to swipe.) Numerous former employees say the Patriots would have someone rummage through the visiting team hotel for playbooks or scouting reports".

A quick google search for "fake play sheets against the Pats" revealed a ton of cheating that the Pats have allegedly and proven to have performed over the years.

No wonder Goodell came down so hard about deflategate. Maybe trying to send a message that the league is tired of dealing with the way the Pats organization operates.

I believe the Seahawks had the locker room actually swept before the super bowl looking for bugs. Paul Allen actually hired a security outfit to watch for stuff like this solely based on the Patriots reputation.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":3v8wfqzv said:
RolandDeschain":3v8wfqzv said:
chris98251":3v8wfqzv said:
None of you have seen a corporate copier, 500 pages easy in about 5 to 10 minutes.
...Yeah, being an IT systems engineer, I've never seen a corporate copier. :roll:

I doubt the pages in an NFL playbook can be easily copied; they're probably laminated or something, I imagine? Plus, having access to a copier in a press conference area or near one like that which doesn't require a PIN or something to access? Not likely.

IT never leaves their cube, so that's possible. :)

I think you are right....

Attachments

• nissan-cube-exterior-pearl-white-large.jpg
    nissan-cube-exterior-pearl-white-large.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3,087

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3mtm4hw3 said:
This is probably Quinn being tricky. Knowing how slimy BB is he planted a fake play book knowing the Pats would try and steal it.

Going to be hilarious when the Pats get blown out and look lost and confused the whole game only for Quinn to come out after the game and admit he planted a fake playbook.

I remember something about another coach that left fake play sheets in the locker room against the Pats for that very reason. Can't remember who it was though.

http://uproxx.com/sports/new-england-pa ... k-muahaha/

"Many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn’t even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team’s offense. (The practice became so notorious that some coaches put out fake play sheets for the Patriots to swipe.) Numerous former employees say the Patriots would have someone rummage through the visiting team hotel for playbooks or scouting reports".

A quick google search for "fake play sheets against the Pats" revealed a ton of cheating that the Pats have allegedly and proven to have performed over the years.

No wonder Goodell came down so hard about deflategate. Maybe trying to send a message that the league is tired of dealing with the way the Pats organization operates.

I believe the Seahawks had the locker room actually swept before the super bowl looking for bugs. Paul Allen actually hired a security outfit to watch for stuff like this solely based on the Patriots reputation.
Exactly my point about the whole 'he's taking one for the team' reduced Brady salary and how it circumvents cap restrictions. There's no way he's taking less pay for the good of the team. He's being compensated off the books somehow by Robert Kraft and it gives the Patriots a huge unfair advantage.

Largent80

Reaction score
Anyone here picturing Belicheat rubbing one out in the bathroom stall while taking pictures of the playbook?

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":39vmlvwp said:
Anyone here picturing Belicheat rubbing one out in the bathroom stall while taking pictures of the playbook?

No but could see Brady in there with him.

DHawk

Reaction score
Always with the Patriots! Good lord! I can already see Ben Afleck screaming at the top of his lungs. Friggin chode.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":28filbn2 said:
Exactly my point about the whole 'he's taking one for the team' reduced Brady salary and how it circumvents cap restrictions. There's no way he's taking less pay for the good of the team. He's being compensated off the books somehow by Robert Kraft and it gives the Patriots a huge unfair advantage.

They are smarter than that. No need to pay under the table or off the books. A guarantee of a high paying, post-retirement job in the organization is a better way of doing it. I'll be shocked if Brady isn't brought in as a consultant after retirement. He can be paid the difference in what he took and what he should have been paid over a period of time. They may be able to structure it in a more tax friendly way.

The NFLPA had every right to be furious with Brady for taking less.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1lthwfb0 said:
Ultimate irony would be if it was a fake.

"Dang, why didn't we think of that?"

Because Bevell probably would forget which was the real game plan and which is the fake one. He also has a hard enough time coming up with one game plan, much less two.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1v8rn2lk said:
Siouxhawk":1v8rn2lk said:

They are smarter than that. No need to pay under the table or off the books. A guarantee of a high paying, post-retirement job in the organization is a better way of doing it. I'll be shocked if Brady isn't brought in as a consultant after retirement. He can be paid the difference in what he took and what he should have been paid over a period of time. They may be able to structure it in a more tax friendly way.

The NFLPA had every right to be furious with Brady for taking less.
OK. Yeah, I can see that. Maybe we should do that with Russ when negotiations come around again. In fact, why don't a lot of teams do that, especially with successful quarterbacks who tend to make more?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":6s6g6o23 said:
Grahamhawker":6s6g6o23 said:
Ultimate irony would be if it was a fake.

"Dang, why didn't we think of that?"

Because Bevell probably would forget which was the real game plan and which is the fake one. He also has a hard enough time coming up with one game plan, much less two.
Did I miss something? Are the Seahawks playing in the Super Bowl this year?
What? It's a joke? .......................... Que the guy with the hook from the Apollo.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ni7653kt said:
Que the guy with the hook from the Apollo.
"Que" means "what" in Spanish. I think you mean "cue" in this case, though you may have intended another blunder by going for "queue," so I can't be sure about anything except that your grammar is incorrect.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b6bz90d said:
Siouxhawk":3b6bz90d said:
Que the guy with the hook from the Apollo.
"Que" means "what" in Spanish. I think you mean "cue" in this case, though you may have intended another blunder by going for "queue," so I can't be sure about anything except that your grammar is incorrect.
Que?

ivotuk

Reaction score
What idiot coach is walking around with the playbook to the most important fans if his life?

Latest posts