Shead tore ACL vs. Falcons, out up to 8 months

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Such a tough year for knees. Maybe the injury bug will gone next season.

Reaction score
I would like the Hawks to draft Kevin King from the Dawgs, I think he can be had in the second or third round. Maybe later, depends on combine.
This kid has crazy upside.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Too bad for Shead, I think he gets re-upped as a RFA but doesn't have a great season next year b/c of the knee.

Add CB to the draft needs.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
edogg23":rpbokl8g said:
Is it normal for someone with a torn ACL to be walking around on it like Shead was on the sidelines?

Yeah. Often a player will walk off on their own power after they tear their ACL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I feel for the guy because of that major injury...... but to be blunt his play on the field was not good. JAG that couldn't get his head around when the ball was in the air. Won't be hard to replace his low level of production, IMHO.

crosfam

Reaction score
Got to disagree - Shead was playing as well as most 2nd corners in the League - many of which are toasted often. And being that he is built like a Safety, that is pretty good. Definitely good enough to be in our top 5 DB rotation. If he stayed injury free, he was destined to be the next overpaid FA to leave the Hawks for greener $$ pastures. Not too many teams have two elite corners. One elite (but injured) corner and one not too bad physical hybrid S/CB is good enough for me.

I hope he gets better and comes back well - and we resign him to a modest contract reflective of the max half season we can get out of him next year. I still think he will end up playing Safety.