Sherm and Roddy

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tical21":1e0tgahm said:
I love the rationale, he gives some money to charity therefore he completely deserves to act like a classless punk.

I'll tell you what comes next...penalties at crucial times, most likely being baited into them, possibly suspensions, and a me-first attitude. How many times have we seen this before? How many times have we seen a player acting like an arse and dismissed it as "fun?" What has happened to those players and teams down the road? And the fans are just pouring on the kerosene.
He baits people into penalties. Did you see how Steve Smith lost it because of him? Do you hate Browner too? If he was a me-first player, NOW would be the perfect time to show it. All-pro, 5th round money, no pro bowl. Yet for some reason, his teammates love him. Big difference between an Ocho and TO and Sherman

frase32

Reaction score
I think some people have a severe underestimation of what actually gets said between players when in the heat of the moment on the field. I've heard some of the sound bites of Shermans trash talk and it is extremely tame. Sherman could get six 15 yard penalties next year(unlikely) and he would still be worth his weight in gold to that defense. Seriously laughing at how the term "classy" gets used.

Happybelly

Reaction score
Tical21":3q1zxpwm said:
I love the rationale, he gives some money to charity therefore he completely deserves to act like a classless punk.

I'll tell you what comes next...penalties at crucial times, most likely being baited into them, possibly suspensions, and a me-first attitude. How many times have we seen this before? How many times have we seen a player acting like an arse and dismissed it as "fun?" What has happened to those players and teams down the road? And the fans are just pouring on the kerosene.

Your mind is obviously made up, so it's pointless to debate with you. I think you're blowing things way out of proportion personally.

I see Sherman using his talk as a tool to get in other players heads and get them frustrated into the exact things you're talking about(like Steve Smith). Until he actually shows that he's losing control in a game situation I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

IronSaint

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2wrfb6ye said:
Cheers. I'm with ya. See his groupy ass at the All Star game?

Absolutely. Be thankful you guys don't have to play him twice a year. LOL.

I jumped so high out my seat when Jabari Greer batted down that pass to Roddy on a slant on 4th and goal to end their undefeated streak. :0190l:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Tical21":reu567uc said:
This will be the last time I address this. I don't want to be labeled a #25 hater. I absolutely love the way he plays. But there isn't an ounce of class in the way he carries himself. As one of the people most closely identified with our city at the moment, I don't appreciate the way he represents us. And it is getting worse. His mouth and attitude are going to cost us in the win column if they keep growing.

Other greats have talked trash, but managed to command respect as well. There is a line there and Sherman has crossed it and isn't planning on going back. It is becoming embarrassing.

Sherman's personality isn't going to hurt anybody. Why don't you just enjoy the entertainment? I rather enjoy living in a world where we have a broad range of personalities.

Throwdown

Reaction score
IronSaint":2h9tkem2 said:
-The Glove-":2h9tkem2 said:
Cheers. I'm with ya. See his groupy ass at the All Star game?

Absolutely. Be thankful you guys don't have to play him twice a year. LOL.

I jumped so high out my seat when Jabari Greer batted down that pass to Roddy on a slant on 4th and goal to end their undefeated streak. :0190l:

I wish we did, and if Kam put him into next week before the rest of us would be so damn beautiful.

IronSaint

Reaction score
Throwdown":koowcx0w said:
I wish we did, and if Kam put him into next week before the rest of us would be so damn beautiful.

LOL, well if I had the Legion of Boom back there I'd be already stoked even more! My secondary is always pretty beat up when we play them. Hopefully we say intact this year. :th2thumbs:

And I'm waiting for Harper to catch him coming across the middle one time. :lol:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Happybelly":qaq007x4 said:
Tical21":qaq007x4 said:

Your mind is obviously made up, so it's pointless to debate with you. I think you're blowing things way out of proportion personally.

I see Sherman using his talk as a tool to get in other players heads and get them frustrated into the exact things you're talking about(like Steve Smith). Until he actually shows that he's losing control in a game situation I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
I have no clue why you care or give credence to most of what Tical says? He's always taking some position on whatever issue that's always ridiculous in it's negativity or have any relation to reality or being serious.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":39zo96eh said:
I love the rationale. He plays great on the field so therefore he completely deserves to act like a classless punk.

1. Didn't you say your post prior to this was the the "last time I'm gonna address this?"

2. Exaggerate or overreact much?

IronSaint

Reaction score
Throwdown":ue15f5xy said:
Grandpa Harper?

4wnFsb3zXJz fNPvmIe0ejLk5Or0pGFOTPt DDx8L9lVAz v9g

LOL, yes! Despite being old, he can still hit like a truck!

Payton was giving Harper grief about his gray hair during stretches at the mini-camp last week. :les: :lol:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
IronSaint":9i4j7o9b said:
Throwdown":9i4j7o9b said:
Grandpa Harper?

4wnFsb3zXJz fNPvmIe0ejLk5Or0pGFOTPt DDx8L9lVAz v9g

LOL, yes! Despite being old, he can still hit like a truck!

Payton was giving Harper grief about his gray hair during stretches at the mini-camp last week. :les: :lol:
Cool, it may be petty but I far prefer New Orleans success than Atlanta and I have no good reason to feel that way but it is how I feel.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Those saying that people (like myself) are hating on Sherm for having a different perspective on any of this is funny to me.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think this is going to be hyped up and it's going to get our Hawks pissed off at Atlanta.

We have much more to be angry about than Atlanta does....I think we go down there and thunderstomp them this year.

Atlanta might be fighting for their playoff lives....they didn't play well against Carolina last year, and NO is going to be better and always plays them tough. TB also did a lot to improve their secondary. That division is going to be tougher for the Falcons to win this year for sure.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Last time I checked this is FOOTBALL not YACHT CLUB. If you want class, find another sport to watch.

I also find it hilarious that Sherman is "classy" because he talks trash... the funny thing if Sherman didn't in Brady's face, none of this would mean anything now.

Its also funny that Browner absolutely destroys other WRs, yet no one talks about Browner the way Sherman just because Browner is a "quiet" guy.

Hilarious. Browner has done way more damage than Sherman has at time and especially vs other WRs but because a guy has a mouth, people have to the right to have a negative opinion.

Sherman is a good guy, and I'm pretty certain in his lifetime he's going to great things for the Seahawks and great things for people that need the help ... one day he will also grow up but he's young, so who cares, its not like he's a malcontent off the field..... there are worse things we could be talking about but people hate the guy because he has SWAG.

BigMeach

Reaction score
bestfightstory":36trzhb3 said:
BigMeach":36trzhb3 said:
You're damn right. Sherm knows we played against the Falcons this year at least in the regular season. There is also a good chance we play them the post season as well. A good mental player gets in someones head before the game even starts. Then it's all about that first pass to Roddy and how that plays out. If Sherman dominates him that first pass... Game Over.

Groan... 'Game Over'? after that first pass? Not quite.

Can't wait to reference negative nancy's post after the game.[/quote]

So they will concede after the first pass?? Game over???

When they do that, you be sure and throw this in my face, positive patty.[/quote]

At what point did I say THEY would concede? This was a reference to Sherm getting inside Roddy's head before the game and then in the game. If you can't understand what the discussion is about stop commenting on it.