Sherman backing Newton..

Torc

Reaction score
I've got respect for Cam, this year he has apparently taken the mopey-towel-over-the-head Cam and shelved him. He's obviously made a decision to be more of a leader on his team and the results show on the field. The difference in his game is the maturity.

That being said, the next time a fan gets scared by a 6'5" 250lb athlete walking over to them, ripping their sign out of their hands and destroying it, I hope they sue him, the team, and the NFL for allowing it. That's not the experience they're paying to see. The dancing is arguable. His assaults on fans are not.

Steve2222

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":dwixh903 said:
francois.nc":dwixh903 said:
Largent80":dwixh903 said:
Russell Wilson would never do these things that make Newton hated. Nor would Steve Largent. Just score on you and flip the ball to the official. It's called CLASS.
He started dancing even more this year than past IMO because of Coach Braylon Beam, the 6 year old young man, that has been with the team since preseason and is battling cancer, Coach Beam likes to dance during Chemo treatments to take his mind off the disease.
Even if Cam's dance actually cures cancer, we're not going to like a rival team's QB. You're pushing a boulder uphill.

This. I just don't understand it. Do you think Auburn fans cheered for AJ McCarron because he seemed like a nice guy?

All this charity work by the Panthers is getting nauseating. It's like it's the first time in league history NFL players have been nice to kids.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Torc":13sdrj2r said:
I've got respect for Cam, this year he has apparently taken the mopey-towel-over-the-head Cam and shelved him. He's obviously made a decision to be more of a leader on his team and the results show on the field. The difference in his game is the maturity.

That being said, the next time a fan gets scared by a 6'5" 250lb athlete walking over to them, ripping their sign out of their hands and destroying it, I hope they sue him, the team, and the NFL for allowing it. That's not the experience they're paying to see. The dancing is arguable. His assaults on fans are not.

Jesus dude. I have no idea what to say. I'm sorry for your victim mentality you have though. You're a kind of person who would sue McDonalds over hot coffee burning your tongue huh?

kobebryant

Reaction score
francois.nc":3hfzb5mu said:
I was just saying it appears guys like Sherman, and I believe I have heard some stuff from Thomas as well, that they actually like Cam, and have no issues with him what so ever.

Players tend to be more reasonable and rational than fans are.

That said, I like Cam. So this much ado about a guy having fun while playing a game for a living doesn't make much sense to me.

Seymour

Reaction score
francois.nc":3qdv7quq said:
The guy has the most yards from scrimmage in the history of the league in first 5 years, what more does he half to do?

Start acting like he belongs there would be a good start.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seymour":314x2gg0 said:
francois.nc":314x2gg0 said:
The guy has the most yards from scrimmage in the history of the league in first 5 years, what more does he half to do?

But the kids though. Think of the kids who will be affected by one less dab.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Seymour":8uqrbpem said:
francois.nc":8uqrbpem said:

Not dance an celebrate every 1st down. I don't care about TDs. Just gimme a break with first downs.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Clayfighter":3ft2z3sz said:
Seymour":3ft2z3sz said:
francois.nc":3ft2z3sz said:

Not dance an celebrate every 1st down. I don't care about TDs. Just gimme a break with first downs.

You mean you don't like the sprint 10 yards away from your teammates, pause for a dramatic couple of seconds, strike a first down pose, then bob your head.

253hawk

Reaction score
francois.nc":3t3bt0dh said:
Largent80":3t3bt0dh said:
Russell Wilson would never do these things that make Newton hated. Nor would Steve Largent. Just score on you and flip the ball to the official. It's called CLASS.
At least he doesn't grab his jimmies on every TD he scores like someone I know...

Every time? It was twice, King of Hyperbole.

Once against the cheap-shotting Bountygate Saints, after one of the best runs in league history, to win a playoff game. The other was against the Cardinals, who were talking mad smack the whole game and put him in a foul mood.

Cameron is a douche, some people don't like his antics, deal with it and move on.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I don't like the guy. It has nothing to do with him "having fun" or playing the game "like a kid". It has everything to do with him pouting like a little girl every time something goes wrong, he just puts that towel over his head and cowers on the bench. Doesn't study plays, doesn't converse with anybody to see what went wrong, just gets into a mood and exiles himself to the bench. Then when he does all his excessive celebration, its like, really? Two seconds ago you looked like the world was ending and now your trying your best to draw a taunting foul? Like other posters have noted as well, it bugs me that he can't act like he has been there before, and when things go wrong he acts like he doesn't belong there. It's awesome he gives touchdown balls to kids, and does all his charity work, but that doesn't take away the fact that even at my job, and most jobs human beings do, you actually have to act like an emotionally stable adult.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1kwi67ir said:
I don't like the guy. It has nothing to do with him "having fun" or playing the game "like a kid". It has everything to do with him pouting like a little girl every time something goes wrong, he just puts that towel over his head and cowers on the bench. Doesn't study plays, doesn't converse with anybody to see what went wrong, just gets into a mood and exiles himself to the bench. Then when he does all his excessive celebration, its like, really? Two seconds ago you looked like the world was ending and now your trying your best to draw a taunting foul? Like other posters have noted as well, it bugs me that he can't act like he has been there before, and when things go wrong he acts like he doesn't belong there. It's awesome he gives touchdown balls to kids, and does all his charity work, but that doesn't take away the fact that even at my job, and most jobs human beings do, you actually have to act like an emotionally stable adult.

What if I told you Cam led the NFL in fourth quarter and overtime comebacks?

Msfann

Reaction score
Largent80":8uwlr2u5 said:
This!

Exittium

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1e6492hz said:
bbsplitter":1e6492hz said:

It would make your post confirm your intent of being here to troll and act like an ass on an opposing forum.

So tread lightly the mods have tolerance but when you keep pushing buttons and being an trollish ass they tend toss the ban hammer.

Back to your point. It has nothing to do with what bb said. So just stop while your ahead.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
How is that trolling? So sensitive geez.

It has everything to do with his point, which may have been relevant in 2012.

253hawk

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2juqr2lu said:

I'd say check your facts, because the OT game against Indy (who came back from 17 down) wasn't a comeback, so he's only got 3 compared to Manning/Ryan/Carr/Cutler with 4 each.

And the OT game was just swapping FG's. :roll:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2tqo68uy said:
I've always hated the comeback stat. If a guy is so bloody awesome, why isn't his team leading instead of coming back all the time?

Cam has reason to be cocky because his team did well. They won 7 games by 10 or more points. That's not eeking out wins in the final seconds. Carolina had the highest net points in the league. Good on them - not just Cam of course; they also have a good defense.

We have the best defense in league history and our guys are cocky, too. They earn it.

Sherm got plenty of stick for being cocky until people realised how good our defense really is - now he's just colourful. Except to our rivals. To our rivals, he's a cocky bastard.

Cam plays for a rival team. He may be colourful to some but to us he's a cocky bastard.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
253hawk":21nfkkj8 said:
Cary Kollins":21nfkkj8 said:

I'd say check your facts, because the OT game against Indy (who came back from 17 down) wasn't a comeback, so he's only got 3 compared to Manning/Ryan/Carr/Cutler with 4 each.

And the OT game was just swapping FG's. :roll:

Err, maybe you should check your facts.

Indy was up by three, Cam drove the Panthers for a FG (which wouldn't have been needed if Ginn caught a layup TD), then Luck threw an INT which set up the game winning FG.

That was the first time a team had ever won in overtime after being down three points.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":33ap7i2c said:
Cary Kollins":33ap7i2c said:
I've always hated the comeback stat. If a guy is so bloody awesome, why isn't his team leading instead of coming back all the time?

Cam has reason to be cocky because his team did well. They won 7 games by 10 or more points. That's not eeking out wins in the final seconds. Carolina had the highest net points in the league. Good on them - not just Cam of course; they also have a good defense.

We have the best defense in league history and our guys are cocky, too. They earn it.

Sherm got plenty of stick for being cocky until people realised how good our defense really is - now he's just colourful. Except to our rivals. To our rivals, he's a cocky bastard.

Cam plays for a rival team. He may be colourful to some but to us he's a cocky bastard.

I agree it can be a dumb stat, but it blows up that idiot playing the 2012 "Cam sulking with a towel" card.

253hawk

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":g1kzz6ia said:
Err, maybe you should check your facts.

Indy was up by three, Cam drove the Panthers for a FG (which wouldn't have been needed if Ginn caught a layup TD), then Luck threw an INT which set up the game winning FG.

That was the first time a team had ever won in overtime after being down three points.

Sorry, OT wins don't count as comebacks in stats. They only count as game-winning drives. Hey, I don't make the rules.