Sherman, Chancellor, & Thomas expected at practice on Monday

semiahmoo

Reaction score
The message to Sherm is he isn't as valuable to other teams as he might have thought.

He had plenty to gripe about and likely has been doing so behind the scenes for far longer than the more public examples last season. And it's just as likely he's not the only one as some in here have already indicated.

He's still a solid player at his position now. I don't think he's "great" or dominant any longer. A little too slow. He's making very good money but his prime time days, if not quite over, are fading.

That's the nature of this game. It's not a long haul prospect. If you get a ten-year career, that's a long time in the NFL if you're not a QB or a kicker.

A healthy and feisty Thomas is far more important than Sherman for our D. Last year's tepid playoff run made that all too clear.

StoneCold

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1qn9p7oo said:
The message to Sherm is he isn't as valuable to other teams as he might have thought.

He had plenty to gripe about and likely has been doing so behind the scenes for far longer than the more public examples last season. And it's just as likely he's not the only one as some in here have already indicated.

He's still a solid player at his position now. I don't think he's "great" or dominant any longer. A little too slow. He's making very good money but his prime time days, if not quite over, are fading.

That's the nature of this game. It's not a long haul prospect. If you get a ten-year career, that's a long time in the NFL if you're not a QB or a kicker.

A healthy and feisty Thomas is far more important than Sherman for our D. Last year's tepid playoff run made that all too clear.

I wonder what would happen if Sherman got injured. I wonder what people would say if we just missed getting to the NFC Championship with only Earl and Kam ? Would we hear Sherm is more important to our D? So little time and so little information to make sweeping statements. Such is life.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
StoneCold":ue3335k1 said:
semiahmoo":ue3335k1 said:

I wonder what would happen if Sherman got injured. I wonder what people would say if we just missed getting to the NFC Championship with only Earl and Kam ? Would we hear Sherm is more important to our D? So little time and so little information to make sweeping statements. Such is life.

No-crying-hear.gif

StoneCold

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1yeb3s6n said:
StoneCold":1yeb3s6n said:
semiahmoo":1yeb3s6n said:

No-crying-hear.gif

Que?

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qolckaul said:
SoulfishHawk":qolckaul said:
Or he could just get over himself and play football. :mrgreen:

Such a simple solution, yet so many players can't get past their own ego and pride.

If you're Richard, how could you even think the grass would be greener elsewhere with no Pete who's a great player's coach.........and most importantly continuing to play with the likes of Kam and Earl, who are not only amazing safeties, but your best friends.

Makes zero sense to me why you'd ask to be traded from this situation.

We don't know how Sherman ended up on the trade block. There was only anonymous speculation -- after Carroll's comment that the decision was made mutually -- that Sherman initiated the request.

Do I think Sherman actually wants to be traded? No, I suspect he would not report to voluntary workouts to be the with the team BEFORE the draft if he did.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/856573367167602688[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/856573436075720705[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/856573948657418242[/tweet]

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3h8w9fgi said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/856573367167602688[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/856573436075720705[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/856573948657418242[/tweet]

Thanks.

Fences are being mended at least somewhat.

Bring on the new season!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hopefully this whole thing just pissed Sherman off (in a good way) and he focuses his anger towards the opposition.

When Sherman plays with something to prove, THAT is when he's at his best. The Sherman the last two seasons of laughing with opposing receivers, slapping them on the butt, just out there having fun, that Sherman needs to go away. The Sherman that talks smack, backs it up, stirs things up, that's the Sherman we need back.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Jerhawk":b7k7m4rb said:
Hopefully this whole thing just pissed Sherman off (in a good way) and he focuses his anger towards the opposition.

When Sherman plays with something to prove, THAT is when he's at his best. The Sherman the last two seasons of laughing with opposing receivers, slapping them on the butt, just out there having fun, that Sherman needs to go away. The Sherman that talks smack, backs it up, stirs things up, that's the Sherman we need back.

True.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's a good day thing they are all here.

I would have been better had they all come last week. I do get Aros' comments and feel he could try to be less big time.

Sherman however, does like his notoriety, he draws energy to play his style game from it. Remember these workouts are voluntary, it means little, and they are all here.

Hyak

Reaction score
If the whole trade thing serves to refocus Sherman while reinforcing his value here, great. Perhaps the lack of teams ponying up high picks for him fuels him and gets him past the idiotic stuff from last year.

It seems more than coincidental to me that trade talks went nowhere and all of the sudden he and Pete reportedly have a great meeting and poof he reappears into team activities.

I still think odds are against him getting a big 3rd contract here regardless given his age.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Sherman was on vacation with his family last week. He just got back. I am not worried about him missing a day of voluntary work outs. His absence had noting to do with the rumors proposed here. LMAO.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3kdbvijv said:
SoulfishHawk":3kdbvijv said:
Or he could just get over himself and play football. :mrgreen:

Such a simple solution, yet so many players can't get past their own ego and pride.

If you're Richard, how could you even think the grass would be greener elsewhere with no Pete who's a great player's coach.........and most importantly continuing to play with the likes of Kam and Earl, who are not only amazing safeties, but your best friends.

Makes zero sense to me why you'd ask to be traded from this situation.

As he gets older, he's going to need more Safety help over the top, especially from one of the most instinctive safeties in the game and one that knows him inside and out.

Going elsewhere might get him a bigger payday, but it will be his last. And shorten his career.