Sherman: Goodell and Robert Kraft too cosy ...

Timberhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1q9evgp5 said:
hawknation2015":1q9evgp5 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BSO/status/559483290395353088[/tweet]

Is it just me or does Goodell look like he wet himself in that picture?
So funny I thought the same thing. You beat me too it!! Touche:)

Go Hawks!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
With huge lawsuits by people who lost big money on those games..Why not destroy the tapes?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TBtoRG":wqxebzhx said:
That's why they were punished in 2007 for something that every other team was doing and provided no advantage, right?
Riiiight. :roll:
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain"
Billicheat's mantra; "Cheat Now, Lie And Explain It Away Tomorrow"
Patriots fan?, Yeah, okay, I can buy that.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
chris98251":9jnmrbk8 said:
With all the situations this year and under Goodells watch I would think that there has to be a limit to the level of embarrassing stories and lack of oversight being done under his watch. Can the owners continue to use this puppet and maintain any level of league credibility? Irsay, Jerry Jones, the Competition committee, the officials, and the players and Union situations all blowing up

There are some scummy owners in the NFL.

- Haslam (Browns) had to pay $92 million in a case of his other company committing fraud recently
- Zygi Wilf (Vikings) this year had to pay $84 million in a damages case of real estate fraud in New Jersey
- Irsay (Colts) was caught with drugs last year
- Jerry Jones (Cowboys) was accused of sexual harassment this past year, not sure what amounted from it
- Shahid Khan (Jaguars) apparently owns an auto-parts company that has an appalling environmental record of dumping toxic waste
- Steve Biscotti (Ravens) tried to cover up the whole Ray Rice fiasco, then used Harbaugh as the scapegoat for it all
- Then obviously you have Snyder, and his insistence that he'll never change the Redskins name, ever

As far as owners go, Allen is definitely one of the good guys in the NFL. I really don't know where he stands vis-a-vis Goodell (I imagine he could throw some significant weight around if he really wanted to, more so than any other owner) But I doubt anything changes with Goodell, with so many scumbags owning teams behind the scenes, Goodell is paid to take all of the heat that the owners otherwise would take.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10481sx2 said:
Sometimes I just wish Sherman would shut up.
What should he shut up about? Pointing out concerns that harm the integrity of a league that succeeds by creating an idea of a level playing field unseen in any major sport?

bobdigital

Reaction score
I don't think Sherman is really in a position to comment on this particularly from the perspective of what other people will do in the future. Some will say it will motivate the Pats and give them bulletin board material but I am not a big believer in that.

Whatever Sherman thinks will have no effect on the game at the super bowl so i don't really care about it much honestly. Too much talk has been made over it and not enough focus on the game which IMO is the best Super bowl since 1998 as far as the level of both teams going in and being well matched.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
The NFL was shown it wont take action until it has to. Look no further than how any of the big stories were handled this year.

The trend is on Sherman's side to shiw him to be correct.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1qyqfyme said:
He isn't wrong. It is a conflict of interest. I know, Pats fans will point to spygate, but Roger got rid of the embarrassing evidence. Went easy on Irsay just this year. He is too cozy with owners.
The problem Scott is, as hieroglyphics stated quite eloquently above, that they'll never put a guy in the position that would in any way challenge their autocracy. The next guy will be very similar, in other words a yes man to do their bidding.

taco40

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3pkksj76 said:
There are some scummy owners in the NFL.

- Haslam (Browns) had to pay $92 million in a case of his other company committing fraud recently
- Zygi Wilf (Vikings) this year had to pay $84 million in a damages case of real estate fraud in New Jersey
- Irsay (Colts) was caught with drugs last year
- Jerry Jones (Cowboys) was accused of sexual harassment this past year, not sure what amounted from it
- Shahid Khan (Jaguars) apparently owns an auto-parts company that has an appalling environmental record of dumping toxic waste
- Steve Biscotti (Ravens) tried to cover up the whole Ray Rice fiasco, then used Harbaugh as the scapegoat for it all
- Then obviously you have Snyder, and his insistence that he'll never change the Redskins name, ever

As far as owners go, Allen is definitely one of the good guys in the NFL. I really don't know where he stands vis-a-vis Goodell (I imagine he could throw some significant weight around if he really wanted to, more so than any other owner) But I doubt anything changes with Goodell, with so many scumbags owning teams behind the scenes, Goodell is paid to take all of the heat that the owners otherwise would take.

This one doesn't belong on the list...

hieroglyphics":3pkksj76 said:
... scummy owners in the NFL.

I think any team that changes their nickname for political correctness is scummy. (Marquette University should change their name back to the Warriors, for instance.) Mr. Snyder may well be a scumbag for other reasons, just not this one.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sherman has guts. Probably not the wisest move to call out the commissioner the week before the Super Bowl, but then he probably already thinks they are after him, so there's nothing to lose. Still, I'm sure some teammates (though they feel the same way) are wishing he wouldn't have done that. Me? I guess I don't care. Just go win the ring.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
chris98251":301r57l4 said:
TBtoRG":301r57l4 said:
Paul Allen is a major shareholder in Microsoft who have a huge contract with the NFL. Conflict of interest?

Is Goodell taking pictures at his house with him the night before a championship game and then having the league levi fines against us at a level beyond the rest of the league as well.

Try again Junior.

Also Allen is not involved in the operations of Microsoft and their business practices or clients.

If he is in town to attend the game don't you think they may have dinner? There is no conspiracy.....

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3kztnexa said:
chris98251":3kztnexa said:
TBtoRG":3kztnexa said:
Paul Allen is a major shareholder in Microsoft who have a huge contract with the NFL. Conflict of interest?

Is Goodell taking pictures at his house with him the night before a championship game and then having the league levi fines against us at a level beyond the rest of the league as well.

Try again Junior.

Also Allen is not involved in the operations of Microsoft and their business practices or clients.

If he is in town to attend the game don't you think they may have dinner? There is no conspiracy.....
No one used the word conspiracy, just conflict of interest. We all know Goodell is the owners' mouthpiece, but is it really smart of him to flaunt it on conference championship night with one owner and not the other?

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Reminds me of Clay Bennett, Sonics, er, Thunder owner and ex NBA Commissioner, David Stern. The two are good buddies and NO surprise that Seattle didn't get any help from the NBA when Bennett walked out of town with the Sonics.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3mzav4ff said:
LolaRox":3mzav4ff said:
I respect that Richard says what he feels/thinks. I bet lots of other players thought the same thing after seeing that picture, but few would ever publicly say anything about it.

Even if there is no 'grand conspiracy' it just doesn't look right and the way things look matters.

Unless Jim Irsay was also at that party there is no way Roger should have been there the night before the AFC championship game. #justsaying
Partying with Irsay would be hella fun too.

Well except for that one girl that he bought an apartment for who died of a drug overdose. You can't hand drug addicts a free living and unlimited drugs and not expect something bad to happen. As far as I'm concerned, Irsay got off way too easy. Because NFL Owners pay Roger's income, they are always going to get the benefit of the doubt. I would love to be a fly on the wall in one of their meetings.