Sherman's Theories on The Hawks

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Richard is a great football player. Probably HOF. However his narcissism is both one of his biggest assets and his biggest shortcomings.

It fuels the colossal chip on his shoulder and as such serves his competitive natur.

So what does he gain by trashing his former GM and coach?

It is petty. It is childish. And it should be beneath a man of his intelligence. But he can't help himself. And in the process he is destroying his relationship with the fans who supported him.

Pete and JS have too much class to respond in kind.

Richard could have learned a thing or two about class from Largent or Walter. But his narcissism got in the way.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Seanhawk":334xewzf said:
It just mentioned on Brock & Salk, but can you imagine what young Richard Sherman's response would be to his comments about not sticking with the older guys and giving young guys the opportunities?

Imagine Marcus Trufant acting like this at the end of his career when he got pushed out for younger corners (Sherman)?

sdog1981

Reaction score
As much as it hurts, it is closes to the truth. Pete is a four year coach, but that is a benefit in the salary cap era of the NFL. After 2014 the vets all knew that always compete was a buzz word due to Cable and Bevell still having jobs.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Don't really care if sherman is right or not but it's great to see him continue to make ex fans dance hehehe

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":16tiaazd said:
Don't really care if sherman is right or not but it's great to see him continue to make ex fans dance hehehe

In the end, I believe the very thing that helped Sherman get a name (the loudmouth persona) is the same thing that will ultimately hurt or delay his HOF chances. Being a douche can only take you so far, those that show maturity and class on top of great play will always be a step above the rest. We are seeing a similar issue with TO right now.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
sdog1981":8jmd3ivz said:
As much as it hurts, it is closes to the truth. Pete is a four year coach, but that is a benefit in the salary cap era of the NFL. After 2014 the vets all knew that always compete was a buzz word due to Cable and Bevell still having jobs.

A four year coach? I'm not really sure what that even means.

Look how long he kept the core of that defense together, how long they were dominate as a group. It was amazing. Sherman talking about how they abandoned core players for younger players? Those core players were there an extraordinary amount of time together, almost unheard of in the modern NFL. Sherman is not making any sense here.

Boycie

Reaction score
NINEster":2atan0v2 said:
AF_BASS_MAN":2atan0v2 said:
It’s clear that he is going to absolutely play his 2 best games of the season every year against us.

Wilson is in for a true test

Wilson is in for a true test to see how Kaepernick's last 3 seasons in the NFL were like.

Except for the fact that Wilson is far superior to Kap, so there's that.....

Seymour

Reaction score
Sherman is all fueled up to burn that bridge I see. :roll:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-way-in-evaluation-carrolls-message-grew-old/

"I think it was kind of philosophical on [Carroll's] part," Sherman said during an appearance on Uninterrupted's "The Tomahawk Show," which is hosted by retired NFL players Joe Thomas and Andrew Hawkins (via ESPN.com). "A lot of us have been there six, seven, eight years, and his philosophy is more built for college.

"Four years, guys rotate in, rotate out, and so we had kind of heard all his stories, we had kind of heard every story, every funny anecdote that he had. And honestly because he just recycles them. And they're cool stories, they're great for team chemistry and building, et cetera, et cetera. But we had literally heard them all. We could recite them before he even started to say them."

Sherman also said it "felt kind of disrespectful to me in a way" that the Seahawks were quick to move on from him following a season-ending Achilles injury after the team was willing to wait for Earl Thomas and Jimmy Graham to recover from injuries.

"It's just unfortunate," Sherman explained. "At the end of the day it just seems like -- I don't know how to say it -- they've kind of lost their way a little bit in terms of how they see players and how they evaluate players. It was kind of an odd situation because we've obviously had players injured multiple times, multiple years and this was the first time that anyone who has been injured of the core players has been cut.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Sherman ends up contradicting himself (Brock & Salk mentioned it).

He's disgruntled cause he doesn't feel the Hawks treated him the same as others when injured and let him go. Not valuing the core like they used to.

On the other hand, he notes how Pete's philosophy and style work in the college environment cause they don't stay longer than 4 years. How it becomes stale for the vets after 5 or 6 years. This is dumb in itself, because everyone has to deal with similar msgs when in the same place for more than a few years. Welcome to the grown up world, Richard.

Ok, so they should keep the core regardless of cost/age and at the same time, they can't handle the message after a while?

As mentioned, the Hawks were remarkable as they kept a core together longer than others. Brock astutely noted that the message may feel stale to the vets (as they do anywhere), but it's at that pint that they become true leaders and guide the newcomers. Carry the message forward, instead of rolling their eyes.

Sherman is a perfect example of someone being very smart, but not wise. Who cares if your right, if your presentation is an insult. And since no one is always right, you look like a dork half the time. Easy to point out failings elsewhere, but real hard to be honest about your own. Something Sherman has never done publicly.

253hawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3qubyz2y said:

The only thing players compete for nowadays is contracts. I get it, given the nature of the sport and the short career span it has, but it's like it's never enough for them, no matter how much they get. They make more in interest alone in a single season than most of us will in our entire lives.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Can't wait to wear my Sherman jersey the first time we host the Ninnies at the Clink.

Guess I'll have to get a Sherman jersey now.

Dude is pure WWF style entertainment in a league of generic conformists.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
harryjohnson":3s7q6i8p said:
Richard is a great football player. Probably HOF. However his narcissism is both one of his biggest assets and his biggest shortcomings.

It fuels the colossal chip on his shoulder and as such serves his competitive nature.

So what does he gain by trashing his former GM and coach?

It is petty. It is childish. And it should be beneath a man of his intelligence. But he can't help himself. And in the process he is destroying his relationship with the fans who supported him.

Pete and JS have too much class to respond in kind.

Richard could have learned a thing or two about class from Largent or Walter. But his narcissism got in the way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3c21fsxf said:
Can't wait to wear my Sherman jersey the first time we host the Ninnies at the Clink.

Yep. Some are acting like the 8th grade girl who dumped her boyfriend and then is upset the next day when she spots him with another pretty girl.

Folks can be angry and hurt all they want, I just hope they remember the Sherm didn’t cut Sherm, Seattle did.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2w4cl3id said:

Giphy

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2dky3mfz said:
bigskydoc":2dky3mfz said:

Yep. Some are acting like the 8th grade girl who dumped her boyfriend and then is upset the next day when she spots him with another pretty girl.

Folks can be angry and hurt all they want, I just hope they remember the Sherm didn’t cut Sherm, Seattle did.

Im not upset about where he's chosen to play.

But Sherman is the one "acting like the 8th grade girl who dumped her boyfriend and then is upset the next day when she spots him with another pretty girl"

He's doing all the talking.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Weird how all these defensive players seem to have a lot of pent up frustration with the Seahawks and Carroll.

It is going to be interesting to hear what Bennett says.

Considering how many times Sherman has literally pulled the offense to a win in spite of the offense's incompetence? I think he earned the right to call Carroll out on it. I expect it has been bugging him for a while.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":qshbugc2 said:
Weird how all these defensive players seem to have a lot of pent up frustration with the Seahawks and Carroll.

It is going to be interesting to hear what Bennett says.

Considering how many times Sherman has literally pulled the offense to a win in spite of the offense's incompetence? I think he earned the right to call Carroll out on it. I expect it has been bugging him for a while.

Hard to expect fielding the best offense and defense at the same time. However we have actually come close, at least according to DVOA. Our offense ranked top ten in 13, 14, 15, — followed by just above league average in 16, 17. I think that adds perspective, there were many teams with much worse offense than ours over the years. Their cristicism is over blown. LOB takes enormous cap, with that is enormous responsibility, they should have fully expected to be the better counter part.

These guys are just being whiny a-holes.

Decimation

Reaction score
Haha who cares what Sherman thinks. If it wasn’t for Pete & Co there would be no way he would have been dominant as he has been throughout his career. He’s just being salty. Thanks for the memories, Sherm, but you’re now an enemy so good luck lol.

James in PA

Reaction score
Sherm’s just salty that Pete grew tired of his act and wanted to move on without him. Sherm seems like a pretty bright guy, but when he gets angry he sure says some dumb shit. “I’ll have your press pass taken away,” anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrishNW

Reaction score
I have had my theories on Sherman and these comments just cement it. I dont care how good of a player he is/was he makes your team worse with his toxic attitude. I'm so glad we are blowing this team up, this is going to be a fun year. IDGAF if we even make the playoffs :irishdrinkers: