Should I Worry?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I never wear gear when I attend a stadium as a visitor. It's just something I have become accustomed to . . . that doesn't mean I don't cheer for my Seahawks as loud as I possibly can during the game. I just don't need anyone trying to jump me in the parking lot afterward.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I'd use my best judgement . I will tell you this that I've been to a few games there and it can get down right ugly . I've seen some pretty crapy stuff there .just something about the pack mentality comes to mind when I think of philly.
Be carefull on the way out of there .

Hawks46

Reaction score
pmedic920":3l8zmre6 said:
This is the advise I give everybody in this situation.

If you are going with another adult male, sport your gear and be respectful.

If you are going with your wife, girlfriend or a kid, go incognito.

I say that because like most, you will probably overlook something that's done to you, before you will overlook something that is done to your guest.

Be smart and stay aware of what's going on around you, and you should be fine.
Most stadiums have a number you can text for trouble, find it and have it already in your contacts.
If you see trouble coming, get up and leave the immediate area before anything gets out of hand.

You said you have good seats, that's in your favor as well, trouble tends to happen more often than not, in the cheap seats.

This. I'm not going to take being assaulted, have beer dumped on me or being spit on (which is still assault), but I can handle damn near anything else. If it happens to my wife, however.....

The other problem that arises...what if someone puts a hand on your significant other ? I can say my retaliation would be swift and brutal, much more so than if it were myself I'm defending.

That said, I've had my wife (then girlfriend) at Candlestick and twice at AZ. Arizona was worse by far. The Niners crowd was pretty decent and I didn't see any problems at all. At AZ, someone bumped my wife (on purpose) when she had her hands full of drinks and made her spill them, then stood around and laughed at her in a big group. I was still in my seats. Big, tough group of 6 guys picking on a single woman that weighs 120 lbs. That's what you deal with at games.

Philly fans throw crap at their own players. I've heard enough of it that I would rate them above the Raiders and that's about it.

chet380

Reaction score
It's a 4:30 ET game -- 3 additional hours of drinking -- gonna be lots of drunks there

bigskydoc

Reaction score
When I go to opposing stadiums, I wear my gear, go to my seat early, strike up a convo with the folks around me well before the game starts, and (most importantly) buy the first round of beers once there are a few opposing fans around me. A few deprecating jokes about my team and compliments to their team etc.

If someone starts talking ish later in the game, you have a few locals around you who think that you "are one of the good ones" to defend you.

- bsd

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Chances that you will be physically harassed is low. But there is a high chance that you will get harassed verbally.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
morgulon1":3ol7e4n7 said:
BlueBlood":3ol7e4n7 said:
My friend Jarrett Borstadt went to the Eagles Seahawks game in 1998 where Seattle rolled 38-0 and was tripped on his way down, fell 19 rows, broke his wrist, was spit on, had beer dumped on him and was kicked and punched in the ribs and face. That was half time.

Edit

He was wearing a Largent throw back Jersey.

I pictured him rocking a Kitna #7 :|

Actually it was Warren Moon. I had a banner I wanted to put up after the Hawks first touchdown. I read " Philly, you've just been MOONED on FOX !" I figured it'd make it onto the telecast 'cuz Fox aired the NFC games. Moon threw a td so I ran down to the railing behind the endzone and hung it. They threw beer, soda, and all kinds of stuff at me while I was doing it. It was torn down by time I got back to my seat and it didn't make it onto tv .

AgentDib

Reaction score
As others have said a huge part of it is how you behave as well. You're probably not going to get randomly sucker punched. However, if your inclination is to rub your section's nose in a Seahawks win then you may get a beer thrown or dumped on you, and if your reaction to any hassling is to escalate then opposing fans will probably escalate it right back at you. It's not like we are huge rivals or anything. Just think about the sort of opposing fans who get into altercations at CLink and act differently.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Just wear an Eagles Jersey, with the Number as 0, and the name as "SuperBowls"

jonkchar

Reaction score
I can't imagine hurting a fan of another team. When I went to the Cowboys/Seahawks game the most I did was photo bomb some Cowboys fans

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Here's my advice from someone who has gone to multiple Hawks games on the road. Nothing will happen to you physically, but there is a decent chance you will get verbally harassed. If you can take a few verbal jabs and digs, then go ahead and wear the gear. If not, I wouldn't.

I choose not to wear my Hawks jerseys because it just isn't worth my time getting into it with other people and the harassment does get annoying. A few drinks here and there can also put me on edge. When I go to the games I have my seahawks jersey on underneath a jacket. I have my Seahawks pride on and don't have to deal with the opposing fans. Just throw a covering jacket or sweatshirt over your Hawks jersey.

Have fun at the game and be safe.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I've only had the luxury of attending two Hawks games, both on the road since I've never lived anywhere near Seattle. The first was an OT game in Atlanta in 2002 and the second was in Denver in 2010, and I was wearing a Hawks jersey both times.

I don't recall a single Atlanta fan saying a word to me or even giving me a dirty look. Everyone seemed to be focused on the field, and it was really cool.

In the Denver game, I got a bit of verbal harassment, but it wasn't anything to get worked up over. I'd just laugh, raise my beer to whoever was yelling at me, and keep enjoying the game.

Philly might be different, I dunno.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I went to the SD game and had to meet up with a friend for tickets. Not thinking, i left my group and walked through the parking lot alone. Good thing all I got was a couple people in my face. I'm a fast walker so they pretty much gave up after I kept it moving

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
As someone who has been to a number of enemy stadiums and deals just fine with the inevitable harassment that comes with wearing enemy colors, I think I'd still be a little spooked about Philly despite having never been there.

I don't see a lot of point in going incognito; when you cheer for the Hawks it will give you away. If you're not going to cheer either, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just prefer a TV viewing.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
If you feel wearing a jersey is worth the risk of something happening then go for it. Personally I would not.