Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Yes, up to $3-4 m/yr

Votes: 41 62.1%
  • No, draft a WR

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Brian Hartline got a five-year, $30.77 million contract last year, so I'm sure his agent has that number in mind, but I viewed that as an overpay.. but Hawks may get priced out in terms of money or years from a team with a young QB to give him weapons. Ideally, you don't want to lose a lot of receiving weapons in any one year, and Hawks could conceivably do that with starters Rice, Tate and Miller.. if that happens, bringing in someone Russell is familiar with like Jared Abbrederis could cushion the blow.

WarHawks

Reaction score
We're worrying about 2015 when we should be worrying about 2014? Win now. 2015 will take care of itself.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Why not let Lockette get that chance at wide receiver more, plus he is cheaper.

randomation

Reaction score
Trade out of 1st into 2nd pick up a 3rd grab abby in the 3rd course I am biased because Wisc but I think tate will get a big money offer somewhere else just hope its not sf.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":3ieltdo7 said:
The Radish":3ieltdo7 said:
If we're going to discuss college players here this needs to be in the college/draft forum.

Why was this thread moved? I listed a few WR prospects but this thread is centered around Golden.

WTF?
Because any thread that even remotely discusses a college prospect puts the 'move it to the draft board' hammer in Les' hand.

danp1990

Reaction score
I think we Should Definitely retain Golden Tate!!! I think he'll take $3-4.5 mil. deal unlike bennett who wants Money,Tate Actually wants to Stay! :) he is a clutch WR, thats something we wont find in Free Agency for that money! plus he Knows the playbook,has a repertoire with wilson , he plays on special teams and does a damn good job of it!loosing him is not an option. the hawks will have Cap Room to make this happen Since JS & PC will most likely let go of DE/DT Red Bryant Cap hit $8.5mil.,DE Clemons $9.6Mil.,DE/DT Bennett wants $10mil. reportedly ,TE Miller $4.5 Mil.,WR Sidney Rice $8.5 mil. AS OF RIGHT NOW HAWKS HAVE $2 MIL. in Cap Space after signing RG Greg Van Rotten free Agent of GB,And WR Chris Matthews of the CFL .If JS and PC make these Cuts we still keep our Franchise players For Years to Come :) ! instead of $2mil. we'll have $28.6Mil ! Enough to make Long Term Deals for CB Richard Sherman,& FS Earl Thomas . Even with that it gives us the ability to Re-sign FA's CB Walter Thurmond,FS/Special Teams Steve Maragos,MLB/Special Teams Heath Farewell,K Steven Hauschka,WR Doug Balwin,& ''WR Golden Tate''... So as proposed $28.6mil. could become $31-32Mil. if the Projected team Salary Cap Numbers go from $126 to the possible $130 mil. as of Now the team gets $123Mil.to work with. Just keep in mind 12's Sometimes hard decisions have to be made that we dont like.Referencing Matt Has. Departure and Lofa Tatupu's in 2011 offseason. We question these things! ''LIKE WHY'' :x !??? but it makes our team better for it thanks to the vision of JS and PC ! 8) although i like everything the Said Above players have given to the Hawks age and the Money the seek is likely an Achellie's heel for NOW & FUTURE Success.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd say yes if it's in the 3-4M range.. but I think we need to draft a WR regardless of what happens with Tate. Too much value there at the position this year and with Rice being cut and Harvin not exactly being Mr. Durable.. our depth remains an issue going into next year.