OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36yykd93 said:
hawknation2015":36yykd93 said:
You are misstating the facts, Popeye.

Graham's APY over the next three years is only $9 million with zero risk, i.e. dead money, if he gets hurt.

Julius Thomas's APY is $9.2 million. And Rob Gronkowski's APY is a little over $9 million.

I have no idea what your motivation is, but per usual you're just making stuff up.

Graham's APY over the next three is 9, Thomas' is 8.6, and Gronkowski's is 7.4.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... my-graham/
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville ... us-thomas/
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england- ... ronkowski/

Do you just lie about stuff as a subtle form of trolling because you know I'll waste my time by correcting you? I don't get it.

hawknation2015":36yykd93 said:
Most teams would MUCH rather have Jimmy Graham than Torrey Smith/Arik Amstead ($10.5 million APY).

I know you always throw this stuff into the bottom of your responses to me to try to get under my skin or something, but it's always so wildly off-topic and desperate that I just find it bizarre. The time spent figuring out the right combination of salary for a 9ers draft pick and FA acquisition that's totally unrelated to the topic I'm discussing (trading picks for players) could have been much better spent.

You are artificially limiting their APYs to just three years. As a 49er fan, your desperation to make this look like a bad deal is obvious to everyone.

Graham's APY with the Seahawks is $9 million (with no dead money after this year).
Thomas's APY with the Jaguars is $9.2 million (with $10.8 million in dead money).
Gronkowski's APY with the Patriots is $9.06 million (with $9.65 million in dead money).

Graham is more of a "big receiver," as he has been referred to by Carroll, not a pure TE.

You might as well compare Graham's $9 million APY to Vincent Jackson's $11.1 millon APY, Jeremy Maclin's $11 million APY, Mike Wallace's $12 million APY, etc. Dare I say, Torrey Smith's $8 million APY? But no one would ever be foolish enough to compare a player like Graham to Torrey Smith.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3l10vdxm said:
You are artificially limiting their APYs to just three years.

I'm the one who made Jimmy Graham have three years left on his deal? :lol:

hawknation2015":3l10vdxm said:
As a 49er fan, your desperation to make this look like a bad deal is obvious to everyone.

"Obvious to everyone," with exception to every single person in this thread who isn't you given that my first sentence in this thread said that the Hawks getting Graham bumps them up into "A"/"A-" territory by itself.

Whatever, dude. :lol:

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I appreciate your honesty Popeye. While I also appreciate Hawknations' 9er fan ribbing, I don't see your opinions as too biased. As always, time will tell how we really did this offseason. I don't have any reservations about Jimmy. The kid id a baller and seems like he has great character too. It is refreshing to acquire a big name free agent that isn't a headcase. I am really hoping we decide the OL starters soon so they can gel and I am looking forward to seeing Clark stuff some fools and Lockett return kicks. :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Clayfighter":2mcj2ttj said:
I appreciate your honesty Popeye. While I also appreciate Hawknations' 9er fan ribbing, I don't see your opinions as too biased. As always, time will tell how we really did this offseason. I don't have any reservations about Jimmy. The kid id a baller and seems like he has great character too. It is refreshing to acquire a big name free agent that isn't a headcase. I am really hoping we decide the OL starters soon so they can gel and I am looking forward to seeing Clark stuff some fools and Lockett return kicks. :)

Thanks, man. : :D

And yeah, if it wasn't clear from my first post, overall I also think the Graham trade is a great one for the Hawks.

My list was just spitballing possibly reasons why the overall grade would drop from "A" to "A-" (while also acknolwedging that some of those things are hangups of mine that would drop my personal grade down to the "B+"/"B" range, although I don't expect anyone else to share my hangups. ;) ).

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Popeyejones":17b6y23k said:
Clayfighter":17b6y23k said:

Thanks, man. : :D

And yeah, if it wasn't clear from my first post, overall I also think the Graham trade is a great one for the Hawks.

My list was just spitballing possibly reasons why the overall grade would drop from "A" to "A-" (while also acknolwedging that some of those things are hangups of mine that would drop my personal grade down to the "B+"/"B" range, although I don't expect anyone else to share my hangups. ;) ).

It comes with the territory. Differing opinions spark conversation and that is the point of the forum. If we all had the same thoughts it would get really boring around here.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":253334v9 said:
Uh oh,.,,does that mean we won the offseason??? Dont offseason winners kinda not do well during the season??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :stirthepot:

Vince Young says we're a "Dream Team"! :th2thumbs:

HawkMeat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2se1yehg said:
I don't see how anyone projects us as anything but the #1 spot. We've been to consecutive Super Bowls without any true gamebreaker at WR/TE. Now we have Jimmy Frickin' Graham.
Number 1 or 2 in the NFC. Green bay got better and that isn't including a healthy Rodgers.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":1brchqx6 said:
Seahawkfan80":1brchqx6 said:
Uh oh,.,,does that mean we won the offseason??? Dont offseason winners kinda not do well during the season??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :stirthepot:

Vince Young says we're a "Dream Team"! :th2thumbs:

Ok, I shall go back into my DEN/mancave (if my cat will let me) and wait for the preseason. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Harvard student's model gives Seahawks a 95% chance to make the playoffs

In explaining his approach (in much more detail here), Bullard writes that he's looking for "a more quantitative method [to predicting the NFL season] than the likes of Trent Dilfer." Shade aside, though, many of Bullard's other predictions mirror the expert zeitgeist. Seattle and Green Bay top the rankings, and New England and Denver are comfortably in the top ten.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... s-seahawks

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't know if I've ever seen a team's offseason grade being dropped due to a failure to sign people that are still under contract for another year. Damn. Tough crowd.