Smith ruled out. Haskins to get the start.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":3robjwv4 said:
Our record against backups ain't all that. I don't know that it makes that much difference. If they go all "Giants" on us, we'd better have our run fits down solid.As we saw there, a couple of breakdowns in the run game can do as much damage as a big bomb pass.

I think if the Hawks can get some pressure on this kid he will make mistakes... this is just what the DR ordered...Am I the only one who thinks McCoy can still be a good QB? LMAO!!!

LTH

nanomoz

Reaction score
The best game of Haskins's career will be on Sunday. It is tradition to allow backups to shine. Going back to Matt Moore in 2006.

potatohead33

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2g0imahv said:
He's one tough dude. Clayton was saying yesterday that Smith had 17 surgeries on that leg. Dayum

Mostly because it kept becoming infected. He was very close to losing his leg, and also had sepsis at one point where his life was in legitimate danger. His comeback story is really amazing.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2n4b7yqs said:
Maelstrom787":2n4b7yqs said:
I feel a lot better about this game now.

Meh, not really a big upgrade or difference with Smith over Haskins.

The Not the Skins have gone on a win streak because of one thing and one thing only, their defense. Their offense didn't even score a TD last week and they won.

So they can start either QB, and that's not even 10% of why we'll win or lose this game. It's squarely on Russell and the offense's shoulders to put up 17+ points on that nasty defense.

I think it's a huge difference. Smith isn't a world-beater, but he's quick to get the ball out to his checkdown options and isn't paralyzed by pressure like Haskins is. This is a significantly better matchup, and blitzing will do much more against Haskins than Smith.

seahawks08

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3rkhp8go said:
This is big. Smith makes the way they play and win possible. By leadership. By limiting mistakes and turnovers. By accurately reading defenses and knowing assignments. The very things Haskins has not proven capable of at this level.

Good to hear from you Leif! Smith or not, I think it will be a grind to the trenches. Ron Rivera team is always a fist fight. I still feel we can win just be the skills we have.