Snow in NY and predictions for SB Sunday

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I live in NC and it is snowing here tonight. The cold front is coming from the North East, where the Hockey game in Philly tonight has been canceled.
According to multiple reports, it will be very cold in a couple of weeks in NY/NJ.
Do you see us with an advantage, in case of cold weather? We could feed The Best all day long ... and Manning would be throwing lots of balls to our DBs ...

I think the stars are lining up for us. I have no doubt we could beat Manning in the California Weather too. But a Marshawn Lynch SB would so sweep, giving the fact that RW has been gun-shy lately.

GO HAWKS.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
We got about a foot here in central jersey I hope it's a frickin blizzard - 10 degrees come super Sunday !

Anthony!

Reaction score
joeseahawks":321id2hl said:
I live in NC and it is snowing here tonight. The cold front is coming from the North East, where the Hockey game in Philly tonight has been canceled.
According to multiple reports, it will be very cold in a couple of weeks in NY/NJ.
Do you see us with an advantage, in case of cold weather? We could feed The Best all day long ... and Manning would be throwing lots of balls to our DBs ...

I think the stars are lining up for us. I have no doubt we could beat Manning in the California Weather too. But a Marshawn Lynch SB would so sweep, giving the fact that RW has been gun-shy lately.

GO HAWKS.

Agree with most not sure how 104 qb rating and 64% completion is gun shy but whatever. I think your mistaking RW for being gun shy and PC wanting no mistakes.

rsm650

Reaction score
Not sure about the weather, but my superstition is that the Seahawks play poorly in the first half whenever I sense that this board is brimming with confidence.

My prediction: The Seahawks start out slow against an unfamiliar opponent and get shut out 21-0 before the half...hopefully clawing their way back into the lead after adjustments have been made.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
How did the Chargers beat the Broncos? Run, run, run.
In their rematch, Matthews was injured and they couldn't run. But I think Broncos will see lots of Lynch. Lots of it.
The other advantage of us running: Manning can get his nails done on the sideline, while BEAST MODE destroys his defense.
I don't think we will be down by much, if at all.
rsm650":x6y9571a said:
Not sure about the weather, but my superstition is that the Seahawks play poorly in the first half whenever I sense that this board is brimming with confidence.

My prediction: The Seahawks start out slow against an unfamiliar opponent and get shut out 21-0 before the half...hopefully clawing their way back into the lead after adjustments have been made.

djb28

Reaction score
rsm650":2tvhh9zh said:

We will be just as unfamiliar to them.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
If it's cold, Seattle has an advantage. If it's cold AND windy, forget about it. Seattle would hold Denver to 10 points.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
joeseahawks":j4mpgk76 said:
How did the Chargers beat the Broncos? Run, run, run.
In their rematch, Matthews was injured and they couldn't run. But I think Broncos will see lots of Lynch. Lots of it.
The other advantage of us running: Manning can get his nails done on the sideline, while BEAST MODE destroys his defense.
I don't think we will be down by much, if at all.
rsm650":j4mpgk76 said:

They did this in large part to keep the Chargers defense off the field against Peyton.

We do not have this problem. Our defense is light years better than San Diego's and for that matter New England's (especially when they lost Talib).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3cxdrvt2 said:
If it's cold, Seattle has an advantage. If it's cold AND windy, forget about it. Seattle would hold Denver to 10 points.

Cold and windy = Denver death for sure. Go watch the NE-Den SNF game from earlier in the season when it was cold and windy.. Denver only jumped out to a big lead early because NE kept fumbling the football away. When they stopped doing that, they outscored them 34-7. In a half.

Peyton also only had 150 yards and 19 completions. Knowshon Moreno had a huge day however, but our run D is very good provided the tackling is there

MileHighFish

Reaction score
HeatEquation":b82rgtdf said:

Against the Titans how that ended up... I do realize that Seattle's defense is better than Tennessee's but the weather factor is overrated imo...

Axx

Reaction score
id just like to state that the game is being played in new jersey, not new york

Chapow

Reaction score
Axx":1e4av7ow said:
id just like to state that the game is being played in new jersey, not new york

Right, and East Rutherford NJ is about 12 miles away from NYC. Climatically and geographically speaking, it's pretty much the same thing.

muxpux

Reaction score
just for posterity, today, Accuweather (one of the worst weather sites around) has a forecast for East Rutherford, NJ on Feb 2nd of hi:39 lo:28, cloudy with snow showers possible.

lets revisit this in a week or so and see how that holds up.

like falcon says, anything beyond a couple days out is a crapshoot. sure, trends can be seen, and ideas can be formed, but details, whether minor or large, can change even in the few hours prior to an event. weather is dynamic, and forecasts should never be taken seriously outside of more than 4 days or so.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
MileHighFish":v4y2pv6l said:
HeatEquation":v4y2pv6l said:

Against the Titans how that ended up... I do realize that Seattle's defense is better than Tennessee's but the weather factor is overrated imo...

Let me put it another way. Cold + windy + Seattle's defense = Denver will likely be held to their lowest point total all year.