Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
cdallan

cdallan

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3qooqnjm said:
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "How will THEY use Harvin?", not how should WE. We fans don't have any say in the matter. All we can do is opinionate on how we think THEY should use Harvin.

No, it's "we", 24/7 and 365, rain and shine. Harvin has been there 6 months and could potentially get $66m for taking an interest. I have been taking an interest for 28 years without being paid. Plus, I'm happy to line up in the slot if required.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
cdallan":1rufy11w said:
SalishHawkFan":1rufy11w said:
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "How will THEY use Harvin?", not how should WE. We fans don't have any say in the matter. All we can do is opinionate on how we think THEY should use Harvin.

No, it's "we", 24/7 and 365, rain and shine. Harvin has been there 6 months and could potentially get $66m for taking an interest. I have been taking an interest for 28 years without being paid. Plus, I'm happy to line up in the slot if required.

:th2thumbs: I'm IN

tdlabrie

Reaction score
As HoustonHawk82 said, I agree we should use him on offense only, no punt/kickoff returns. I think we're good enough there already.

As several other said, I'd like to see him as decoy. Anywhere.

I'd like to see him in those quick passes straight to the side of the field. Don't know what that's called. Harvin should have somebody on him of course, but if he can juke him out (and we know he can) maybe he'd see some green.

I'd like to see him paired with Rice or Tate where they both go long on the same side of the field, then split off at the end. Don't know what that's called either, but when it happens against us, even with our excellent safeties, we seem to have difficulties.

Lastly, I would not like to see him in the slot. I know that's one of his strengths, but that's a very dangerous route for injury. Besides, I really like Baldwin there anyway.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Just get him the ball in space. Use him just like how he was being used in Minny when he was an MVP candidate.

The Radish

Reaction score
cdallan":1sln7w5b said:
SalishHawkFan":1sln7w5b said:

We're not letting you line up in the slot again. The last time Russell threw the ball right to you and you dropped the damned ball!!

:D

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
You know, I was thinking a lot about this on the way home today. One way that I believe that Bevell will use him is coming out of the backfield. Now, the guys over at Field Gulls mentioned that some this offseason as well ...

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-...cy-harvin-creating-mismatches-at-running-back

... with Aaron Sims there envisioning using Harvin in basically the same role that they used Turbin last year -- coming out of the backfield, taking the short swing pass, and letting him do his thing from there.

I've gotten to thinking further on this though. You know, most of us have been asking the question, "Which receiver is going to see a real reduction in playing time once Harvin comes back?"

And that's a good question naturally. However, with Harvin's experience in the backfield, a thought occurred to me -- with Coleman's struggles, what if we actually start to see less of him? I wonder, could we actually start to see sets with Marshawn Lynch in there at HB ... AND Harvin lined up as the "fullback" as well? Now THAT would be really interesting.

Though I DO believe that Bevell will probably mix it up, with Harvin being used in the slot, as the single back coming out of the backfield (i.e. Turbin), and maybe on the outside as well ... I'm starting to really wonder if we could also see him in there at "fullback" along with Lynch. One thing's for sure -- Bevell most certainly IS going to be like a kid with a brand new toy at Christmas time.

seahawks08

Reaction score
don't use him that much to get fantasy points, my wife just picked him up in our fantasy league. I don't want to lose her, so just use him as a decoy:)

Hawknight

Reaction score
You mean Wilson's not going to throw 40 yard TD throws to Harvin all day.....I must say I'm disappointed :sarcasm_off:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
cdallan":s962pec3 said:
SalishHawkFan":s962pec3 said:

So, how should we use cdallan?

A new toy is coming out of the box soon, and I wondered how you good people would like us to use him? We don't need to use him exactly the same way Scotland does - we have a top-notch sheep husbandry system here in the States and at least a few laws on the books that would discourage him anyway. Some of my thoughts as to how I would like to see him deployed:-

1 - Posting out of the background - but not just any posts. cdallan is a match-up nightmare for any poster that takes himself too seriously, but get him discussing the Xs and Os of the game, and you lose some of the advantage.

2 - in the slot - Hell, he just offered.

3 - sole foreigner in obvious foreigner situations. I think cdallan will be our go-to guy when we want to know how "things are over there", especially since peaches is MIA.

Should be interesting. What say you?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Harvin might have deep speed but I always though of him as our equalizer in our short to intermediate offense. Someone who would open up the offense and make it wildly unpredictable but consistently productive. A key engineer of "staying on schedule".

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The Oregon Ducks straddled triple option. Somebody seriously needs to send this video to Darrell Bevel and Pete Carroll. This package of plays would be absolutely deadly with Lynch being the RB (or id love to see the speed of Christine Michael in his place in this package), Russell of course at QB and Harvin as the pitch man.

[youtube]XvM2KDn5yCo[/youtube]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jamsomatic":1eq91m83 said:
harvin doesn't do many fly patterns/go routes. he didnt here in minny anyway. catch and run in any number of ways and where he will be real good is just like baldwin or tate or rice last week when the play breaks down or gets extended he will be hard for a defender to find just hope wilson does lol. then off to the races.
Thing is, that is exactly what they were experimenting with before training camp beyond the obvious stuff like bubble screens, quick slants, out of the backfield hot reads etc.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
Initially, they should use him how the Cowboys used Deion Sanders on offense the year they won Superbowl XXX.

He had about 500 yds receiving that year. His speed was a nice change of pace for the Cowboys and he was so quick that if you put him in the slot it was mis-match city.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
Also...this....

5 Wide Receiver Sets out of the shotgun:

-----------------------T------G------C------G-------T
Rice-----Tate----------------------------------------------------------------------------Baldwin
-------------------------------------QB------------------------Harvin---------Kearse

Force 5 defenders to cover downfield with RW in the shot gun. Watch him beat you with his feet or his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.