So it's Vikings, then panthers, then cards.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Vikes and Panters are confirmed and then we face one of Cards/GB/Skins. Beating GB for the second time in a row in the conference championship would be funny as hell, especially considering how they talked about having taken revenge on us after week 2. Beating the Cards would probably be the best outcome for us .Netters. If we manage to evade facing the Cards we will hear the entire year that we only won the Superbowl because we didn't have to face them, that would stink even though we could just show them the week 17 result. Skins would be kind of funny as well. They made the play-offs only due to all three of their division opponents performing worse than expected and a bit of a last second uprising. They are the biggest underdog of the 6 teams in the NFC play-offs and beating them and completely crushing their hopes and dreams after they upset both GB and AZ would be alright as well.

I'm torn on what I would enjoy the most.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Funny how it seems to happen more than you'd expect where the games do not necessarily get progressively more difficult the further a team goes in the playoffs. Like two seasons ago -- the NFCC vs the 49ers was our Super Bowl (followed by blowing out the Broncos in NY). This year, the division game (vs Panthers) will likely be the most difficult of our three playoff games -- and will probably feel like our Super Bowl albeit in a very non-neutral site.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Nobody should be looking past the Vikings, they're a good team who'll be healthier and better prepared to face the Hawks this weekend. Beating the Packers to clinch the NFC North also gave these guys tons of confidence.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":gdog5nhy said:
Nobody should be looking past the Vikings, they're a good team who'll be healthier and better prepared to face the Hawks this weekend. Beating the Packers to clinch the NFC North also gave these guys tons of confidence.

Sure, the Vikings are healthier now, but if they had held a red-hot Packers team to 13pts, I'd think more of it. GB hasn't looked like world-killers lately, so it tarnishes the luster of the win just a little bit for me (doesn't mean the Vikes aren't thrilled about beating a division rival at home--Lambeau, no less!--to take the division!).

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I don't see any reason to assume the Cardinals 100% will beat the Redskins (if the Skins beat the Packers). That should be a close game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":xioeo7x9 said:
I don't see any reason to assume the Cardinals 100% will beat the Redskins (if the Skins beat the Packers). That should be a close game.

I can't see either the Packers or Skins going to Arizona and beating the Cardinals.

Packers are a complete mess, and still might beat the Skins..........but that's only because the Skins aren't that good either, and certainly don't have the defense OR dynamic enough offense to compete with a very pissed off Cardinal team at home.

If we get healthy this week and come out of the Viking game healthy? I like our chances of running the table. But it ain't gonna be easy. Both the Panthers and Cards at home is daunting. But if any team can do it, it's this version of the Hawks.

Playoff battle tested, experienced, and most importantly focused and fired up.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":37qes6z8 said:
Hawkfiend":37qes6z8 said:

Sure, the Vikings are healthier now, but if they had held a red-hot Packers team to 13pts, I'd think more of it. GB hasn't looked like world-killers lately, so it tarnishes the luster of the win just a little bit for me (doesn't mean the Vikes aren't thrilled about beating a division rival at home--Lambeau, no less!--to take the division!).

I think some fans are underestimating the Vikes. Bridgewater has been impressive this year and he has some good weapons at his disposal. Their defense is legit, Rhodes had a great game last night.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Wouldn't have it any other way. I just hope that if the team survives that gauntlet they won't be beat up going into the Super Bowl like last season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
12thbrah":kbh665fy said:
Wouldn't have it any other way. I just hope that if the team survives that gauntlet they won't be beat up going into the Super Bowl like last season.

That's why I said health was the most important factor, three VERY physical games coming up if we go that far.

If we do? I think the top 2-3 NFC teams are better than any AFC team right now, so if we can just find a way to the SB, I think we win, and win easily.

Chapow

Reaction score
OkieHawk":zhv4m0cb said:
Ad Hawk":zhv4m0cb said:
Hawkfiend":zhv4m0cb said:

I think some fans are underestimating the Vikes. Bridgewater has been impressive this year and he has some good weapons at his disposal. Their defense is legit, Rhodes had a great game last night.

When we curb stomped them 5 weeks ago, they were missing their best DL (Joseph), their best LB (Barr), and their best DB (Smith). Those are 3 very, very good players that make a huge difference to their D. If I'm not mistaken, I believe all 3 of those guys are back.

I still think we are the better team and I think we'll win, but I don't think it's going to be nearly as easy as it was 5 weeks ago.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Joseph was out again last night. Barr and Smith were back, however. To be fair, both Barr and Smith started the last time the Hawks played them, they just exited in the 1st quarter due to injuries.

Ellis, another one of their DTs, reportedly tore a patellar tendon last night, so he probably won't be suiting up this weekend. They appear to be pretty thin up front. Peterson is banged up and so is Thielen, the WR that made a couple of big plays in last night's game.

You're right though, we probably won't curb stomp them this time around. Playoffs are always a different beast.

RussB

Reaction score
If the hawks play the way they did against AZ. They will blow out all of those teams no doubt. I think carolina is overrated.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":t20as6o7 said:
If the hawks play the way they did against AZ. They will blow out all of those teams no doubt. I think carolina is overrated.

The Panthers D is the real deal...............but I think we know how to handle Newton, so I'm not all that concerned with their offense.

But first things first! Beatdown on Minny.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3kieuslx said:
Hawkfiend":3kieuslx said:

I find it very irritating how much the media has pushed the injury bug scapegoat with Minnesota (starting with our game against them). Injuries are part of the game. John Madden once said in order to make a Super Bowl you have to have some luck and part of that luck has to deal with lack of injuries. I find this statement somewhat true for our 2005 SB run. With all that said, the story this year should be how well we are playing with all the injuries we have.

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1015p17o said:
RussB":1015p17o said:

The Panthers D is the real deal...............but I think we know how to handle Newton, so I'm not all that concerned with their offense.

Agreed, look what we did to the #1 offense yesterday. Onto Minny!!!!!!!!!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zh6a5ulm said:
RussB":zh6a5ulm said:

The Panthers D hasn't been as great the back half, Gave up 38 to Saints, 35 to Giants and 20 in the loss to ATL.

They're good but not like their are the 2013 hawks D.....

Latest posts