OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":pxjsoqtg said:
HawkWow":pxjsoqtg said:
blah blah blah
How the hell do you know that? You just scolded the OP for making his opinion a fact, then turn around and do the same thing!

Thanks for sticking up for the OP, but there was no 'opinion made into a fact' there at all. There was a statement of fact: "So, Marshawn is still here" followed by a question: "Who's stupid now?" (close enough...) The fact is, people who are defending things they may have posted before are seeing themselves in that question. I guess they should know better than anyone else though. Maybe I actually meant that Hsu blogger/tweeter person.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":gpu5t114 said:
theincrediblesok":gpu5t114 said:
Frank Gore is on pace to have another 1k season being at 31. I do want Lynch to retire as a Seahawks.

I think everybody does, but the combo of him wanting a new long term deal and the FO tired of Marshawn being Marshawn is more than likely going to prevent this from happening.

I absolutely think Pete and John would try to work out another 2-3 year deal with Lynch if he wasn't such a pain in the ass to manage. The cap situation next year with having to give guys like Wagner, Wright, Russell and Avril new deals is just fuel for the see ya Marshawn fire.

It wouldn't make sense to pay Lynch what it would take to keep him happy, for the very reasons you mentioned in your last sentence. There just isn't enough money to go around, and they're going to have to set some priorities, and despite how run-orientated we are, running back is well down the totem pole on the priority list. I would be very surprised if we see him wearing blue and green next year. The fact that he's a pain in the ass just makes it a little easier to cut bait.

captSE

Reaction score
They didn't know what to do with the warehouse full of skittles. So, they took the Beast off the market is what I heard........ :lol:

BASF

Reaction score
RiverDog":1ze19k2t said:
chris98251":1ze19k2t said:
Lynch has back spasms that need to be watched, other then that he has had a very clean medical history in the NFL. many backs when they reach his age and years in the NFL have a injury bug that has or starts to bite them that attributes to their production issues. Lynch has so far avoided those. If no other options are available that are better I could see us keeping him. He may have a John Riggens type career where he is prooductive, also just about as unique in other ways.

I remember a very similar argument regarding the re-signing of Shaun Alexander back in 2006. The argument then was that his running style would make him an exception to the 30 year old rule for running backs, although the example given at that time was Emmitt Smith. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

One of the things that has changed is the new CBA. It simply doesn't make sense to wrap your arms around an aging running back and throw him a boat load of money when you can find very suitable replacements for a fraction of the cost in the draft. Even without the new CBA, sunning backs are considered a low value position in a game that continues to trend towards the quarterback.

If SA doesn't have his foot fractured in week one against Detroit and play on it for two weeks further damaging it (thinking in his words that "God will heal me") he probably doesn't become the example that he is today. But, no one ever puts the injury caveat on the SA situation when bringing it up.

RiverDog

Reaction score
BASF":yq9oq3y5 said:
RiverDog":yq9oq3y5 said:
chris98251":yq9oq3y5 said:
Lynch has back spasms that need to be watched, other then that he has had a very clean medical history in the NFL. many backs when they reach his age and years in the NFL have a injury bug that has or starts to bite them that attributes to their production issues. Lynch has so far avoided those. If no other options are available that are better I could see us keeping him. He may have a John Riggens type career where he is prooductive, also just about as unique in other ways.

I remember a very similar argument regarding the re-signing of Shaun Alexander back in 2006. The argument then was that his running style would make him an exception to the 30 year old rule for running backs, although the example given at that time was Emmitt Smith. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

One of the things that has changed is the new CBA. It simply doesn't make sense to wrap your arms around an aging running back and throw him a boat load of money when you can find very suitable replacements for a fraction of the cost in the draft. Even without the new CBA, sunning backs are considered a low value position in a game that continues to trend towards the quarterback.

If SA doesn't have his foot fractured in week one against Detroit and play on it for two weeks further damaging it (thinking in his words that "God will heal me") he probably doesn't become the example that he is today. But, no one ever puts the injury caveat on the SA situation when bringing it up.

Perhaps injury had something to do with SA's rapid decline. More significant, IMO, was the departure of Hutch and the retirements of Robbie Tobeck and Mack Strong, all 3 of which we never adequately replaced. Looking back at it, Shaun Alexander was over rated in that he benefited heavily from one of the best OL's and blocking fullbacks in the game in the same way that Emmitt Smith was over rated by being blessed with the OL he had. Just my humble opinion.