So the Sacks are on Russell huh?? Guess again.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":8rvgoucw said:
I think it's a disservice to logic to be so far on one side or other of the debate. The more we learn about football, the more sacks are increasingly seen as a stat that reflects upon the quarterback.

This doesn't mean that the offensive line is blameless, just that certain quarterbacks have a tendency to take sacks more often. Russell is one of them.

As usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and I find it crazy to say either party is blameless. Russ takes a lot of needless sacks, and the offensive line has been letting a lot of rushers through for a variety of reasons.

Good post. That's very close to how I feel about the subject.

John63

Reaction score
RiverDog":1cc9sxjj said:
Maelstrom787":1cc9sxjj said:
I think it's a disservice to logic to be so far on one side or other of the debate. The more we learn about football, the more sacks are increasingly seen as a stat that reflects upon the quarterback.

This doesn't mean that the offensive line is blameless, just that certain quarterbacks have a tendency to take sacks more often. Russell is one of them.

As usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and I find it crazy to say either party is blameless. Russ takes a lot of needless sacks, and the offensive line has been letting a lot of rushers through for a variety of reasons.

and yet once again the FACTS show all the QBs who have played under PC have been amongst the most sacked. Also again the FACTS show as done by ESPN even without the sacks that can be attributed to Wilson eh would still be top 5. And Again we are also not counting the number of sacks a less mobile and agile QB would take that Wilson does not.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":8na5u7x6 said:
RiverDog":8na5u7x6 said:
Maelstrom787":8na5u7x6 said:

and yet once again the FACTS show all the QBs who have played under PC have been amongst the most sacked. Also again the FACTS show as done by ESPN even without the sacks that can be attributed to Wilson eh would still be top 5. And Again we are also not counting the number of sacks a less mobile and agile QB would take that Wilson does not.

At this point, you're doing a disservice to your own viewpoint with how abrasive and poorly-constructed your posts in this thread are.

There are a lot of facts. You only consider the ones that can be used to further your own narrative, like how you ignored pass block win rate for the entirety of 2020 and deflected whenever it was brought up.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2cnniuyc said:
Maelstrom787":2cnniuyc said:
John63":2cnniuyc said:
Maelstrom787":2cnniuyc said:
This is so false. The opposite of Pete's philosophy. It is WELL, WELL DOCUMENTED that he prefers point guard quarterbacks, but with an extreme premium placed on explosive plays.

This is part of my problem with the discourse on this board. So many are willing to believe two completely opposite things at the same time as long as the common denominator allows them to denounce Pete Carroll. He deserves a big plate of criticism, but not when that plate is full of contradictions and half-truths.

Ahh he is the one that said when he got here he just needs a WB to manage the game and not create TOs.

Ahh ahh he is the one that has had an offense predicated on deep passing for a decade running regardless of his statement in 2010

Okay well, thanks for agreeing this is on PC appreciate it.

Nice deflection. Thanks for agreeing that your original premise was at best flawed and at worst completely contrary to reality.