Somebody woke Tim Kawakami this morning .............

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":3m5bzqbv said:
dontbelikethat":3m5bzqbv said:
I'll give the dude credit for being right about the issues between Harbaugh and the FO all along.

Yeah, but Marvin and company didn't like what he was saying, so he was the worst reporter ever for reporting what they didn't want to hear.

As for Cohn and his article on Keeporpick last week, what was the WORST news that niner fans could have heard? That Keeporpick reverted back to his old ways when he was pressured. Maiocco and all the other niner shills didn't report any such thing because it was bad, but they ALL saw it too.

Rather than making a variation on this post for the thousandth time and Marvin or I explaining why you've entirely missed the point for the thousandth time, well, you know. :lol:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2ctskc8j said:
rideaducati":2ctskc8j said:
dontbelikethat":2ctskc8j said:
I'll give the dude credit for being right about the issues between Harbaugh and the FO all along.

Yeah, but Marvin and company didn't like what he was saying, so he was the worst reporter ever for reporting what they didn't want to hear.

As for Cohn and his article on Keeporpick last week, what was the WORST news that niner fans could have heard? That Keeporpick reverted back to his old ways when he was pressured. Maiocco and all the other niner shills didn't report any such thing because it was bad, but they ALL saw it too.

Rather than making a variation on this post for the thousandth time and Marvin or I explaining why you've entirely missed the point for the thousandth time, well, you know. :lol:

Yep, I know...you enjoy rainbows, lolipops, and smoke up yer arse.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1v5k04ur said:
dontbelikethat":1v5k04ur said:

...except for when he wasn't and said their relationship was repaired and the 9ers were going to the Super Bowl last year. :lol:

Just b/c I'm curious, who are the Hawks beat reporters and columnists?

How many of them are there?

I'm just curious if the Cohn and Kawakami types are in some ways a result of niche partitioning in larger markets (L.A. has them, New York has them, Chicago has them), as it could explain why the whole concept seems so unfamiliar to Hawks fans.

Seattle is an international community. And, very much a part of the 21st century. You condescending devil you. :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3qnyhhdg said:
Sports Hernia":3qnyhhdg said:
MizzouHawkGal":3qnyhhdg said:
Is he on Marvin's approved list?
Ummmmmmmmmm No.
If you are critical of the current 9'ers ownership or front office, you don't make it on the above mentioned esteemed list.
Just the way it is........ 8)

Do we have to go over this again. List hasn't changed in 3 years. :D

Anyone but a Cohn or a Kawakami. Anyone but those three guys. The fact that we keep having this same conversation and in just about every instance its about one of these three guys should tell you something.

It won't though...you'll continue to make fools of yourselves defending the hacks of the journalistic world thinging that somehow YOU can simply see what 49er fans cannot. Have a ball with it. If you had any clue what you were defending you'd be sick to your stomach.

You guys big :D Skip Bayless fans too?

You should also take note how quickly Tim there got butt-hurt over his responses and started responding like the condescending a-hole we know and love.
Settle down there pal. First, realize where you are posting, this ain't the "denial zone", and when you make silly comments and spin everything you are not going to get the free pass you get on the "denial zone". By now you should know that being an outspoken niners fan on a Seahawks forum, it comes with the territory. I am not saying that to be mean, just pointing out the reality.

Most of us don't care if those writers/columnists are hacks, we just like ribbing you and Popeye over "the list".

hawknation2015

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1x26euck said:

:13:

In addition to that, his coverage of the Warriors sounds entirely positive. More fodder for my theory that SF is a basketball/baseball city, not a football city. Reasonable fans love to hate on the 49ers' dysfunctional ownership.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3uokpguf said:
Marvin49":3uokpguf said:
Sports Hernia":3uokpguf said:
MizzouHawkGal":3uokpguf said:
Is he on Marvin's approved list?
Ummmmmmmmmm No.
If you are critical of the current 9'ers ownership or front office, you don't make it on the above mentioned esteemed list.
Just the way it is........ 8)

Anyone but a Cohn or a Kawakami. Anyone but those three guys. The fact that we keep having this same conversation and in just about every instance its about one of these three guys should tell you something.

It won't though...you'll continue to make fools of yourselves defending the hacks of the journalistic world thinging that somehow YOU can simply see what 49er fans cannot. Have a ball with it. If you had any clue what you were defending you'd be sick to your stomach.

You should also take note how quickly Tim there got butt-hurt over his responses and started responding like the condescending a-hole we know and love.
Settle down there pal. First, realize where you are posting, this ain't the "denial zone", and when you make silly comments and spin everything you are not going to get the free pass you get on the "denial zone". By now you should know that being an outspoken niners fan on a Seahawks forum, it comes with the territory. I am not saying that to be mean, just pointing out the reality.

Most of us don't care if those writers/columnists are hacks, we just like ribbing you and Popeye over "the list".

No worries. Wasn't getting worked up. I know you guys give us crap about "the list" all the time and I know very well where I am.

In fact, I find it really amusing how the theory goes that Popeye and myself won't read Kawakami or the Cohns because we can't handle the "truths" they profess...

...yet we are here getting abuse from Seahawks fans pretty much every day who say far worse.

Just think about it...if we wanted to shelter ourselves from the negative, would we really be here at all? Maybe, just maybe, we know what we are talking about. I know...can't be that. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3kspfgl4 said:

Also said they'd win the SB last year. Also said Aldon would never play another down as a 49er. The problem with Kawakami is not that he's negative. Its that he takes really small amounts of data and weaves them together in a huge story that is largely invented. He then gets angry when it turns out hat he's wrong or if he reports something that turns out to be incorrect as if the team has somehow wronged him.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":20be1wvv said:
dontbelikethat":20be1wvv said:

Also said they'd win the SB last year. Also said Aldon would never play another down as a 49er. The problem with Kawakami is not that he's negative. Its that he takes really small amounts of data and weaves them together in a huge story that is largely invented. He then gets angry when it turns out hat he's wrong or if he reports something that turns out to be incorrect as if the team has somehow wronged him.

Don't you get angry when you're proven wrong over and over again? It sure has happened a lot.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":24kekc99 said:
Sports Hernia":24kekc99 said:
Marvin49":24kekc99 said:

No worries. Wasn't getting worked up. I know you guys give us crap about "the list" all the time and I know very well where I am.

In fact, I find it really amusing how the theory goes that Popeye and myself won't read Kawakami or the Cohns because we can't handle the "truths" they profess...

...yet we are here getting abuse from Seahawks fans pretty much every day who say far worse.

Just think about it...if we wanted to shelter ourselves from the negative, would we really be here at all? Maybe, just maybe, we know what we are talking about. I know...can't be that. :D

Oh' my gawd ........ he's brought out his victim cards. :roll:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":jfctfaxv said:
Marvin49":jfctfaxv said:
Sports Hernia":jfctfaxv said:
Marvin49":jfctfaxv said:

really?

Is this simply too nuanced a conversation? At what point there was I complaining about being a "victim"?

I was asking why if we are so incapable of reading the negative we are here on this forum every day. PLEASE explain how that is playing the victim card.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":1okjf610 said:
Jville":1okjf610 said:
Marvin49":1okjf610 said:
Sports Hernia":1okjf610 said:

really?

Is this simply too nuanced a conversation? At what point there was I complaining about being a "victim"?

I was asking why if we are so incapable of reading the negative we are here on this forum every day. PLEASE explain how that is playing the victim card.

:34853_doh: Good Grief ..... you wrote it.

You want someone to read your own words back to you and fall into the folly of attempting to explain your words to you as well?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":tpm0qoq5 said:
Marvin49":tpm0qoq5 said:
Jville":tpm0qoq5 said:
Marvin49":tpm0qoq5 said:

really?

:34853_doh: Good Grief ..... you wrote it.

You want someone to read your own words back to you and fall into the folly of attempting to explain your words to you as well?

When you say I said something I didn't? Absolutely. Wasn't in any way playing the "victim" and in by saying I did you are doing nothing but sidestepping the question I was asking.

Put another way....is it true or false that there is negative stuff about the Niners on this site all the time?

If true, wouldn't I in fact be voluntarily reading negative comments about the Niners here.

If so, then how does not reading Kawakami or the Cohns because they write negatively hold any water?

Is that logic overly complicated? I really hope not.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Convoluted perhaps :229031_shrug:

Calm down .... this isn't the denial zone.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":3efpgbm2 said:
Convoluted perhaps :229031_shrug:

Calm down .... this isn't the denial zone.

Nice side step. That's what I thought.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
LOL ................ I have my doubts.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Marvin49":1gxwjht3 said:
dontbelikethat":1gxwjht3 said:

That's nice and all, but point still remains that he was one of the first people if not the first to report on SF's FO issues. That's all I'm saying.

Marvin49

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":17j7tjrk said:
Marvin49":17j7tjrk said:
dontbelikethat":17j7tjrk said:

That's nice and all, but point still remains that he was one of the first people if not the first to report on SF's FO issues. That's all I'm saying.

True.

But he's often way off base as well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Whether they are morons or not, their point is still a good one. York and Baalke are taking a good football team and ruining it. Much like what Wally Walker did to the Seattle Supersonics after their NBA finals appearance. I think some of the 49er players are seeing this and jumping ship by retiring.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
hawkfan68":13s3x29q said:
Whether they are morons or not, their point is still a good one. York and Baalke are taking a good football team and ruining it. Much like what Wally Walker did to the Seattle Supersonics after their NBA finals appearance. I think some of the 49er players are seeing this and jumping ship by retiring.

:13:

Well said!