Something came from Amazon today

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The one I am after has the mesh with huge numbers and huge Hawk logo on the sleeves. One thing I don't like about the current throwbacks they are marketing and selling is the Hawk on sleeve is way too small. This one looks bad ass...

Captureaaaaaa

Compared to the new throwbacks...Note the smaller stripes and Hawk logo and lower on the sleeve...

Sssss

rcaido

Reaction score
I dont care nor do i shame people for wearing fakes. Its when people pay good money and turns out its fake irks me. OP i believe you been scammed. Look at the difference between your jersey and official one in Mitchell & Ness.

OpfakeReal

- The first obvious one is, its missing the black NFL players tag.
- The stitching is a bit poor
- There is an extra letters "s" on Authentics compared to the M&N
- The one you have has only 8 stars compared to M&N photo has a lot more
- Difference also on the shading of the NFL player
- 1985 Steve Largent seem fatter and not align w/ the other tag

Also the color seem a bit off but that could be just the lighting. Looks like more the current colors of the seahawks and not the royal blue.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I dont care nor do i shame people for wearing fakes. Its when people pay good money and turns out its fake irks me. OP i believe you been scammed. Look at the difference between your jersey and official one in Mitchell & Ness.

View attachment 60290View attachment 60291

- The first obvious one is, its missing the black NFL players tag.
- The stitching is a bit poor
- There is an extra letters "s" on Authentics compared to the M&N
- The one you have has only 8 stars compared to M&N photo has a lot more
- Difference also on the shading of the NFL player
- 1985 Steve Largent seem fatter and not align w/ the other tag

Also the color seem a bit off but that could be just the lighting. Looks like more the current colors of the seahawks and not the royal blue.
I posted a fake and I think its the color of the green on the sleeves that is telling. I think its a brighter green..not army green like the one on my fake. Hey for 17 bucks it works!

Fake Largent

Screenshot 20230820 192601 Gallery

Screenshot 20230820 192622 Gallery

Screenshot 20230820 192645 Gallery

Official Watters bought back in the era

Screenshot 20230820 192702 Gallery

Last edited:

pmedic920

Reaction score
the PRICE and where it came from should be the first two clues when trying to determine if any (NFL memorabilia) product is authentic.

If it’s significantly cheaper and doesn’t come from the ProShop, Fanatics etc etc it’s not going to be the real deal.

If you’re concerned about authenticity just spend the extra money and purchase from the reputable outlets.

The bitterness of poor quality lasts much longer than the sweetness of a low price.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Or purchase from Mitchell and Ness' website direct.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This commercial shows a dude wearing the exact retro jersey I am talking about. Look at that gloriously huge Hawk on the sleeves and large numbers! I think the Seahawks marketing team blew it on the throwbacks they are pimping.

IMG 3817

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
The one I am after has the mesh with huge numbers and huge Hawk logo on the sleeves. One thing I don't like about the current throwbacks they are marketing and selling is the Hawk on sleeve is way too small. This one looks bad ass...

View attachment 60281

This is the one I have, it’s stunning and well worth the price, the numbers and letters are heat pressed on with a thick vinyl and the fabric is of a nice thick quality. The holes in the mesh are big so if your not rocking a six pack wear a t-shirt underneath!