Sounders Season Thread ***YEDLIN SOLD***

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Disagree.

Still a lot to learn, and a lot to be tought. Sigi still a bunch to offer. Think of improvement from preseason last year to now. Better player. Sigi played a big role. Jurgen too.

Last night wasn't on Yedlin. Wasn't on Frei either.

The spine of the team was decimated.

Scott, Anibaba, Alonso, Pineda, Martins, Dempsey and especially Lamar Neagle all played horribly last night. Couldn't hold the ball for crap. Lack of ball pressure. Lack of marking. Backline was covering too much space with no help from midfield. DP strikers couldn't do what they are paid to do.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There was a power outage at Clink yesterday during the first 10 min of the game. Looks like it sucked the power out of the Sounders too. Pathetic home showing. Defense didn't show up. Now the importance of Chad Marshall was magnified. Luckily they have a cushion in standings but that gap will close quickly if they continue to play like last night.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
hawkfan68":qtjm24vn said:
There was a power outage at Clink yesterday during the first 10 min of the game. Looks like it sucked the power out of the Sounders too. Pathetic home showing. Defense didn't show up. Now the importance of Chad Marshall was magnified. Luckily they have a cushion in standings but that gap will close quickly if they continue to play like last night.

We were crap from minute 1.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I agree Smurf. Bad game from the get-go. I don't know what it is about the Galaxy but they seem to bring out the worst Sounder games. I seen two god-awful showings from the Sounders against them. Chad Barrett's passing leaves much to be desired. Why he gets playing time over Cooper is beyond me. At least Cooper adds something.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Barrett adds desire, determination and physicality. He was brought on to be physical, not cause he's a great passer.

doesn't matter either way...both Cooper and Barrett are out of form.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Another brainfart from Frei just happened. I wish the Sounders had a competent goalkeeper. Sheesh!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The team is coming apart on the field and Sigi is asking for directions to the nearest In & Out Burger.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm not ready to call it a collapse just yet. We created a ton of good chances, so if we can put some of those away we'll be fine. The mental lapses on the back line are gonna kill this team though. Where is the communication? Anibaba and Scott are terrible. Without Marshall we have the worst CBs' in the league.

The referee was abysmal this game.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I just hope whoever the new coach is next year is able to teach this team some mental toughness and focus and isn't afraid to sit players who continually make the same mistakes over and over.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2648jks4 said:
You can kiss the Supporter's Shield goodbye. Again.

You must be a relative of blitzer88. SKC is three points behind and the Sounders have two games in hand on them. Little early to be throwing in the towel.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2wpo8trn said:
SeatownJay":2wpo8trn said:

You must be a relative of blitzer88. SKC is three points behind and the Sounders have two games in hand on them. Little early to be throwing in the towel.

LA is your primary concern. They're 5 points behind now with 1 game to make up, they play your team again which could cost another 6 point swing, and they are on fire.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":o31ko6wl said:
CurryStopstheRuns":o31ko6wl said:
SeatownJay":o31ko6wl said:

LA is your primary concern. They're 5 points behind now with 1 game to make up, they play your team again which could cost another 6 point swing, and they are on fire.

The Galaxy have always been a thorn in the side of the Sounders. They seem to loaf their way through the regular season and turn into all-stars around playoff time. Arena has Sigi's number, unfortunately. Hopefully that changes this season.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":255qhi72 said:
SeatownJay":255qhi72 said:

SKC is actually one point up on Seattle for the Supporter's Shield. And while Seattle does have two games in hand, the final two games of the season are home & home against Arena & L.A. who own Sigi & Seattle.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1dfxki8w said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1dfxki8w said:
SeatownJay":1dfxki8w said:

SKC is actually one point up on Seattle for the Supporter's Shield. And while Seattle does have two games in hand, the final two games of the season are home & home against Arena & L.A. who own Sigi & Seattle.

I guess that we can dismiss the other twelve games that you are ignoring for the sake of conversation. And, to be honest, the Galaxy victory in Seattle was the first time that they have done that since 2011. While I agree that Arena has Sigi's number, it is not as noticeable when playing in Seattle.

I feel like the Sounders are disjointed at the moment. They seem to have lost a bit of chemistry that was present before the. World Cup.

SoundSports

Reaction score
Ugh, this two game slump is painful. To be fair though, last nights game was FAR more encouraging than the LA disaster.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1yr4a1fp said:
SeatownJay":1yr4a1fp said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1yr4a1fp said:
SeatownJay":1yr4a1fp said:

I guess that we can dismiss the other twelve games that you are ignoring for the sake of conversation. And, to be honest, the Galaxy victory in Seattle was the first time that they have done that since 2011. While I agree that Arena has Sigi's number, it is not as noticeable when playing in Seattle.

I feel like the Sounders are disjointed at the moment. They seem to have lost a bit of chemistry that was present before the. World Cup.
I'm not dismissing those 12 games, I just honestly believe Seattle won't put up a better record than KC in them.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Omg Jay. Turn on Third Eye Blind - Jumper and step back from that ledge my friend.