Speculation: Alex Collins / Seahawks ............. Please No

Jville

Reaction score
Here is another link about the Alex Collins speculation .... [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/report-seahawks-interested-in-re-signing-rb-alex-collins[/urltargetblank]

getnasty

Reaction score
Jville":3se9zn75 said:
Here is another link about the Alex Collins speculation .... [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/report-seahawks-interested-in-re-signing-rb-alex-collins[/urltargetblank]

Boo, where's Mike Davis at would rather see him come back over Alex Collins.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2bjzx2qg said:
I dont get the logic behind this at all..if true .

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Neither of the starting running backs are healthy, and Penny could very well be out well into the season.

Depth is needed at the position. Badly.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1fgga6e9 said:
Cyrus12":1fgga6e9 said:
I dont get the logic behind this at all..if true .

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Neither of the starting running backs are healthy, and Penny could very well be out well into the season.

Depth is needed at the position. Badly.
But Alex Collins? Hard pass...

Jville

Reaction score
It's the off season. For the media, speculation and rumors fill the dead space that opens up during the slow season. :229031_shrug: No big deal. This is just the beginning .............. there is more on the way.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather have old Beast..Only way AC works is if you use him
like the Ravens did and the Hawks never did.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
:141847_bnono:
IndyHawk":es6z1giw said:
And even the Ravens didnt want him back...that says something.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Jville":3ueuhy0t said:
It's the off season. For the media, speculation and rumors fill the dead space that opens up during the slow season. :229031_shrug: No big deal. This is just the beginning .............. there is more on the way.
Totally agree but it's something to discuss other than the Russ elite threads or the game passing Pete by..

Jville

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3qu7g5py said:
Jville":3qu7g5py said:
Totally agree but it's something to discuss other than the Russ elite threads or the game passing Pete by..

Boy Howdy ...... you got that right!

Carry on ....... by all means :2thumbs:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2sdktog2 said:
:141847_bnono:
IndyHawk":2sdktog2 said:
And even the Ravens didnt want him back...that says something.
That was because he did something wrong outside of actually
playing right?

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
^ I dont think there was a lot of buzz to re sign him even before the off field stuff. I just hate the idea of rehashing another former player that wasnt good to begin with. Lots of rb options out there.

xray

Reaction score
Speculation ...sign Lynch now...he still is a goal line beast .if they used him sparingly he could play all season .
Collins...nope

chris98251

Reaction score
Younger then Lynch, plays well between the tackles, will be first guy cut when everyone is healthy most likely, Seahawks want to win, it's about what he can bring as a contribution.

I say yes, if in shape he is fresh and has had a year to re invigorate.

mrblitz

Reaction score
you have to get your best scouts on this, and bring in some rookie talent. i liked collins, but that was 3 years ago. you need to bring in new running backs, all the time. imo

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect the team knows exactly what they’d have with Collins and will add depth at RB so they don’t face the cupboard being empty again as happened at the end of last season with Penny, then Carson, predictably Prosise all going down with injuries. Collins left here and went to Baltimore where he played well. He’s minimally good solid depth but has the ability to be a starter.

The draft and FA may bring more depth as well. Collins is a street FA and won’t count in the comp. calculations which is an additional bonus. He understands as well that competition is critical to staying on the team and will be motivated to stick around this time, but if he’s beaten out by a younger player then at least a proven capable RB will replace him on the DC.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I think I was probably Alex Collin's second biggest fan here. I thought he was horribly misutilized by our run game coordinator, and wasn't surprised at the success he had in Baltimore.

He had over 1,000 yards from scrimmage in his first season there, and had a decent second year, despite splitting carries, before going on IR.

He was released from Baltimore because of the arrest, not because of his performance, and he likely would have played last year, if not for the broken leg.

As a street free agent, he can be brought in to compete for minimal risk. Sign him to a low salary. If he doesn't splash, cut him before the first game, and bring him back, mid-season, if/when needed.

kf3339

Reaction score
I personally would rather go with a mid-round RB in the draft rather than bringing AC back. Besides I also would like to get Beastmode back one more year. With an off-season of preparing and using him tactically that could be a winning move.