Speculation: End of Mebane?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
With the signing of Avril I can only wonder who is going to get cut . I thought clemons but Im pretty sure cutting him wouldnt make financial sense and same with Bryant.
Mebane is due 6 mil this season with only 600,000 in dead money , meaning we would save 5.4 m in cap space. I'd hate to see him go , but with our Front office . you never know.

Happybelly

Reaction score
Cutting Mebane would make zero sense. He's too important to this team right now and they have no replacement for him.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Why would we cut our best player on our D-line when its already our biggest need? That makes no sense to me.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Probably. Avril is a nice add, next step is for us to create a gigantic need at DT for no good reason.

Biggiec76

Reaction score
no way, He is one of the most underated DTs in the game, i cant think of a game in which he doesnt penetrate the gap and make a tackle for loss especially on goal line situations. He is the best d lineman we have.

bigcc

Reaction score
why would we cut someone at a spot we need? 6 mil is fine for his level of play

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Only players that have any chance of being cut would be Clemons and Obo all others either don't cost much or would cost too much cut.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It's possible, but not likely. His game has dropped of the last 2 years by mid season.
He really needs to be paired with a guy that can stop the run and rush the passer.
Jones did it for awhile until hurt

JSeahawks

Reaction score
AFter Harvin and Avril we should still around 7 million under hte cap. And that doesnt include whatever we saved by cutting Leon.

We're still in very good shape and can add more pieces, no need to cut anybody.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":22kbdbws said:
Probably. Avril is a nice add, next step is for us to create a gigantic need at DT for no good reason.

Seems legit.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
No one is getting cut. Holy crap. One signing does not equate to someone going away.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
My job as a parent is to make sure that when my son grows up that he doesn't waste everyone's time with silly posts....your silly