Stupid question - what is the difference?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We traded somewhat of a haul for our safety.

What is the difference between our trade for a Safety with the Jets and our QB to Denver?

They feel samish.

Shouldn't an elite QB be measurably different in compensation than a safety that isn't even the top safety in the NFL?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Jamal Adams trade was a dumb deal and I feel had a factor in this trade.
Our #10 pick is now right behind the pick we currently have. Whoopi!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The Adams trade sucks because Adams isn't that good for the picks the Jets got. He was brought in as a piece to win in the playoffs...how'd that go? It was an epic failure by the front office.

Smellyman

Reaction score
sameish

But getting two solid starters as well as 2 seconds and unloading an aging QB and a ton of money helps before they get nothing for him.

After cutting or restructuring Bobby they will have a lot of money to also use in free agency. Jon and Pete now have a lot of pressure on them to make the right moves.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Jamal is a great safety who was massively overpaid for.

Russ's trade value seems more appropriate, though I'm probably just feeling this way because franchise QB's almost never get traded.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3q2kfcmc said:
We traded somewhat of a haul for our safety.

What is the difference between our trade for a Safety with the Jets and our QB to Denver?

They feel samish.

Shouldn't an elite QB be measurably different in compensation than a safety that isn't even the top safety in the NFL?

Two more picks and two players > what we gave up for Adams.

I also assume Pete and John never thought one of the 1st round picks they were giving up for Adams would be a top 10 pick, they assumed a bottom 1st rounder.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
To me, the difference is

#1 - massive overpay and should never have happened- just a plain bad decision

#2- get what you can before it's too late- and most likely eat crow anyway

keasley45

Reaction score
Context.

Huge difference. We gave up picks during a botched covid NCAA year where player talent / value was a bit of a crapshoot. I also think that if he can stay healthy, Adams will show again why he was one of the most valuable players in the league this year.

2020 was also an 'all in' year for the FO. I think they saw the team pushing for the SB and I think we should have had the offense been more reliable at the end of the season. Had we made the big dance, given Adam' s contributions his first year, the trade would have been hailed a brilliant move. It wasn't his fault they didnt.

I also think the players we got in addition to the picks will contribute in a big way right off the bat. Interior DL was a major need and TE, with Diss hitting the market was also a spot we were going to have to address. Now we have Fant AND Everett?? [align=][/align]

zhawk

Reaction score
QB versus safety. Not many hof qbs out there.