Taking The Pulse of NET

How do you feel about the 4-2 Seahawks and their chances moving forward?

• Dude, you kidding me? 14-2 baby!!

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I feel pretty good. Overall they should start rolling. 12-4 - 13-3 is not out of the question.

Votes: 64 50.0%
  • Cautiously optimistic. They are decent but the OL/lack of running game scares me.

Votes: 43 33.6%
  • Probably make the playoffs but won't go deep.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Not buying in. Something is off with this team. Lucky to make a wildcard.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other (read my comments below).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If our first-half offense can just stop getting in its own way, there isn't a team in this league that could beat us.

We have two home games ahead of us against defenses on par with the Rams. Seattle will need to trash the Wheel of First-Half Implosion game they've been playing (will it be drops this week? penalties? Wilson overthrowing?) and play well. We're not immune at home. We weren't even immune at home in 2013. We almost lost to Miami at home to open last season. BUT...we have the talent to win. I'm not worried about that.

Chalk up a loss in Jacksonville and I'm excited about 13-3.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
StoneCold":3djf41qy said:
HOUSTON - ?
REDSKINS - ?
CARDINALS W
FALCONS - ?
49ERS - W
EAGLES - ?
JAGUARS - ?
RAMS - ?
COWBOYS - ?
CARDINALS - W

Let me help you out brah...

HOUSTON - W
REDSKINS - W
CARDINALS W
FALCONS - W
49ERS - W
EAGLES - L
JAGUARS - W
RAMS - W
COWBOYS - L
CARDINALS - W

StoneCold

Reaction score
Aros":2uidskm4 said:
StoneCold":2uidskm4 said:
HOUSTON - ?
REDSKINS - ?
CARDINALS W
FALCONS - ?
49ERS - W
EAGLES - ?
JAGUARS - ?
RAMS - ?
COWBOYS - ?
CARDINALS - W

HOUSTON - W
REDSKINS - W
CARDINALS W
FALCONS - W
49ERS - W
EAGLES - L
JAGUARS - W
RAMS - W
COWBOYS - L
CARDINALS - W

Ha! Homerosecoloredglassesthatarehalffull. :)

That is an absolute possibility and I can see it happening, but not if we continue to sputter and shoot ourselves in the foot.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I have us pegged at 12-4, but wouldn't be surprised if Hawks ended up 13-3. We need the best record we can get, so that HFA is there for the taking.

Right now, I am a bit worried about the Saints. Looking at them (schedule), they got it easy. If Seattle does tie them, I believe they get the tie-breaker.

kidhawk

Reaction score
raisethe3":18fl8rrx said:
I have us pegged at 12-4, but wouldn't be surprised if Hawks ended up 13-3. We need the best record we can get, so that HFA is there for the taking.

Right now, I am a bit worried about the Saints. Looking at them (schedule), they got it easy. If Seattle does tie them, I believe they get the tie-breaker.

Tie breakers are far from decided. The first tie breaker for the conference is head to head...barring that, the next one is conference record. That has a ways to go before that one gets decided. This also doesn't account for 3 way ties which can be more complex.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic.

Someone mentioned injuries which is always a reason to temper absolute expectations. That said, we're deep in a few areas, surprisingly OL is looking like one of them.

The biggest thing that bothered me about last game wasn't Offensive mistakes. In many ways the offense is still young and growing. My biggest worry is pass rush.

The Giants have probably the worst OL in the league. How we managed only 1 sack with Clark lined up against Flowers all game is troubling. Yes, they tried to run a lot and yes they tried to get it out of Eli's hands quickly. I just worry that it's a continuing trend that I thought going up against the Giants asstastic OL would start to cure.

Also, some of those games aren't looking so easy on the schedule. Jacksonville has a very good defense lead by a guy that has ruined our offense many times in the past (Campbell). Washington is for real this year with another underrated defense. Houston has a wildcard at QB that can get red hot at any moment and as a rookie, he likes to go off schedule....kind of like what makes our QB so hard to defend. Dallas isn't a pushover. We barely beat SF here...now we play them there. LA again.

We also have some breaks. The Cardinals usually give us trouble and they're basically done. Even if their defense gives us a hard time, they aren't scoring with Stanton in an already troubled offense.

I'd say 11-5 is accurate right now. 10 wins or less would be disappointed, while 13 wins wouldn't exactly surprise me if everything went right.

907Hawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":11y7g4vf said:
After seeing this team live yesterday, I was impressed. The first half was painful, but we clearly have the talent. I am also optimistic because our schedule is favorable and can really see us making a big run (which I had not bought into at any point this season until now). Of course, if we lose next weekend I will be in meltdown again.

Thats funny because you made this prediction less than 24 hours ago. :D

"We are 9-7 other than on .net where we are legit" NJ largent

White Devil

Reaction score
Cautiously Optimistic based on the offense.

When they control the ball and allow the defense to attack, this team can beat any team in the league. When the offense lays eggs and struggles to find any semblance of rhythm, the defense suffers, and they can lose to any team in the league.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":dg7a2ny8 said:

HOUSTON - W
REDSKINS - W
CARDINALS W
FALCONS - W
49ERS - W
EAGLES - L
JAGUARS - W
RAMS - W
COWBOYS - L
CARDINALS - W

Eagles in our house in prime time? That's where we reign supreme. If it was their house, or even an afternoon game in our house the Eagles would have a better shot. In most circumstances I'd agree to a loss against the Eagles, but not a home prime time game.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kidhawk":30wr53pz said:
Eagles in our house in prime time? That's where we reign supreme. If it was their house, or even an afternoon game in our house the Eagles would have a better shot. In most circumstances I'd agree to a loss against the Eagles, but not a home prime time game.

I feel ya my friend but I felt obligated to put L's somewhere! LOL :lol:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2mdz6n22 said:
kidhawk":2mdz6n22 said:

I feel ya my friend but I felt obligated to put L's somewhere! LOL :lol:

If you feel that strongly, then I'd suggest give it to the Jaguars...an early road game after a HUGE win against the Eagles and a Jaguars defense that can eat quarterbacks alive....I see this as a troubling game

chris98251

Reaction score
If we settle on a O line combo and yes it's about that time of year where we do, we can start getting some momentum, we have depth on defense, we have a couple guys that are still on the non football injury list still, also Pete has a knack of getting guys on defense.

Our biggest lack of understanding seems to be at three positions, QB, yes I said QB, look at how many we shuffled thru before we went with a against the grain consideration, too short and a guy that played baseball and transferred. But Pete went with Walsh and Grants philosophy finally instead of measurable, he wins, he has guts and is a leader. Tarkington and Montana, both against the grain QB's because of measurable and types.

Second WR's we still go for measurable, yet our better success guys have been UDFA in Kearse and Baldwin, they both had a never quit and hunger to be the best mentality, same could be said for Richardson and Lockett, they were in a category of too small and are return guys, won't hold up in the NFL, some of that has been true but they produce.

Then there is O line, I have stated before in other threads and many others have, our picks don't seem to function in a ZBS well, throw in the turnover and lack of experience and it's always a roll of the dice.

We have DB's in the wings that are showing promise, we picked up Coleman and McDougal who have shown they fit, LB's is a worry in depth.

If we have minimal injuries there we can survive.

RB's is my biggest issue right now, Lacy just looks like Graham, not all in and he also looks like he is thinking more then just playing, not really focused. Rawls is impatient, a combo of the line and his trying to hit the hole to fast trying to make something happen may be the case.

With Prosise now hurt again and McKissic producing maybe we IR him once again, bring Davis up from the PS and let him be our power guy, that or just cut Lacy, for being big he sure wasn't used on the goal line yesterday.

I think a few adjustment, a blessing of no more significant injuries and a consistent line we can roll and build up at the right time for a serious run, lots of IF's I know, also take away play calling from Bevell inside the 20.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, cause Bevell had a lot to do with Jimmy missing a sure touchdown grab.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":32g1klo4 said:

Yeah that drop on Jimmy, now explain the other 9 or 10 plays

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":xoccj492 said:
Siouxhawk":xoccj492 said:

Did you even watch the game? We didn't operate in the red zone much. Other than Jimmy missing the sure touchdown catch, I think our only other trips there were when Rawls scored on the run and when Glowinski got the unnecessary roughness penalty. Otherwise we scored on explosive plays. Hell, we had 420-something yards of total offense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2u9a77wt said:
chris98251":2u9a77wt said:
Siouxhawk":2u9a77wt said:

Did you even watch the game? We didn't operate in the red zone much. Other than Jimmy missing the sure touchdown catch, I think our only other trips there were when Rawls scored on the run and when Glowinski got the unnecessary roughness penalty. Otherwise we scored on explosive plays. Hell, we had 420-something yards of total offense.

We had 12 plays in the red zone (without scoring) to end the 1st quarter and start the second quarter. Graham's drop was just the final play. There were 11 other plays that didn't score from within the red zone in that drive.

1-10-NYG 15
(4:44) 16-T.Lockett right end pushed ob at NYG 11 for 4 yards (24-E.Apple).
2-6-NYG 11
(4:18) 16-T.Lockett left end to NYG 5 for 6 yards (27-D.Thompson). R.Wilson lateral to #16 T.Lockett.
1-5-NYG 5
(3:51) PENALTY on SEA-34-T.Rawls, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NYG 5 - No Play.
1-10-NYG 10
(3:26) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass short right to 16-T.Lockett to NYG 10 for no gain (21-L.Collins, 37-R.Cockrell).
2-10-NYG 10
(3:03) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass incomplete short middle to 88-J.Graham [57-K.Robinson]. PENALTY on NYG-57-K.Robinson, Roughing the Passer, 5 yards, enforced at NYG 10 - No Play.
1-5-NYG 5
(2:59) (Shotgun) 27-E.Lacy left guard to NYG 2 for 3 yards (94-D.Tomlinson, 57-K.Robinson).
2-2-NYG 2
(2:26) 27-E.Lacy up the middle to NYG 5 for -3 yards (98-D.Harrison).
Timeout #1 by SEA at 01:34.
3-5-NYG 5
(1:34) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass incomplete short middle to 10-P.Richardson. PENALTY on NYG-93-B.Goodson, Defensive Pass Interference, 4 yards, enforced at NYG 5 - No Play.
1-1-NYG 1
(1:30) 3-R.Wilson pass short left to 38-T.Madden to NYG 2 for -1 yards (59-D.Kennard).
2-2-NYG 2
:)50) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass incomplete short left to 88-J.Graham. NYG-72-K.Wynn was injured during the play.
3-2-NYG 2
:)44) (Shotgun) 34-T.Rawls right guard to NYG 1 for 1 yard (91-A.Moss, 98-D.Harrison).
END QUARTER 1
2nd Quarter
Seattle Seahawks continues ...
4-1-NYG 1
(15:00) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass incomplete short right to 88-J.Graham (24-E.Apple).

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
A drive that should have culminated with a touchdown.
I was actually commenting about only 3 of our drives having playa in the red zone. Rawls scored on 1 and the other was thwarted by the unnecessary roughness call. I think we still got s Walsh FG out of it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'm always a believer in this team until they're completely out of it.

Last 5 years they've entertained me until at least mid-Januarary.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
White Devil":1chxnqhf said:
Cautiously Optimistic based on the offense.

When they control the ball and allow the defense to attack, this team can beat any team in the league. When the offense lays eggs and struggles to find any semblance of rhythm, the defense suffers, and they can lose to any team in the league.

:ditto:

Need to see better starts on offense. Can't wait until end of 2nd quarter to put up points. The pressure is heavy on defense but glad the defense is doing their job and rising to it. The offense needs to help more early on. Not many teams will have a pathetic offense like the Giants.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2wxdj9pp said:
I am still in the 11-5 camp, my original prediction for the season. 12-4 or even 13-3 is not out of the question if our offense wakes up not just in the second half of games.
12-4 or even 13-3 is where I weighed in.
If you'd have polled this after game #3, I likely would have given them less chance to pull it off.
I had them struggling to a loss playing against the Rams in their house, but the fact that the 'D' stuffed Gurley & Goff the way they did, + even without any real Run Game to speak of, the incremental up swing by the Ifedi & the rest of the O-Line has me somewhat encouraged that they can hang with anyone, and "Grit" out a win if you will :D .

Latest posts