Tanner Muse > Jordyn Brooks

Jerhawk

Reaction score
First off, best wishes to Jordyn Brooks health. I hope he recovers fully from his leg injury today.

However, Tanner Muse is playing great ball out there. He's routinely in position, something that Brooks struggles with. Go Muse

renofox

Reaction score
Barton took Brooks' position. Muse took Barton's.

Barton is playing very well. The Defense is also playing well, even considering White is sucking bad.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'll remember thinking Barton looked pretty filling in for Wagner last year. I reserve judgment for now.

Polk738

Reaction score
I think Barton is a more natural fit for MLB than Brooks, at least that is what I was seeing when Brooks came out of the game

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Barton is a more natural fit for MLB than Brooks, at least that is what I was seeing when Brooks came out of the game
Brooks has been awful at getting people aligned and slow to get to his assignment, but we also mustn't forget something important -- the Jets defense was forced to be one dimensional because of the lead the Seahawks had gotten. The Jets couldn't afford to run very much. The Seahawks were able to pin their ears back without much threat of the run at the point Brooks went out.

Polk738

Reaction score
Brooks has been awful at getting people aligned and slow to get to his assignment, but we also mustn't forget something important -- the Jets defense was forced to be one dimensional because of the lead the Seahawks had gotten. The Jets couldn't afford to run very much. The Seahawks were able to pin their ears back without much threat of the run at the point Brooks went out.

That is very true, but I did notice when they actually DID decide to run the ball they looked better prepared for it than in the first half, I saw a few more TFLs and short yardage gains when Muse was in there, maybe that is just coincidence maybe not. Mike White was REALLY bad, like I was almost expecting them to put in Flacco at one point.

Scout

Reaction score
Muse looked good in pre season so not surprising he looked good in live action.