Tanner Muse

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm going to compare him to one of the NFL's greatest LBers, in size only. Jack Lambert both in the 220lbs ranger, now Muse is no Jack Lambert but muse does have good ranger and speed, I'd like to see muse playing more to see if he develops into a better LBer his coverage is good he just needs to improve his gap stuffing skills. I'm hoping that Tanner makes the 53 man roster.

Cheers

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m a small bit of surprised to see them release Iyiegbuniwe because he had the ST prowess Pete covets and the familiarity with Desai that perhaps he would have had a step or two in the system with shallow ILB depth. But it seems like the others have maneuvered themselves in better position like Muse, Vi Jones, plus Bellore being counted on as a two way player as the depth behind Jordyn Brooks.

Muse has quality eye opening athletics traits but you have to question not only the release of a 3rd round pick after a season by the Raiders and the fact he went unclaimed even by the Seahawks before they signed him to the PS roster.

A numbers crunch in Oakland and concerns over his 2020 foot injury doesn’t seem to paint the whole picture but there is not much else to go off.

However, Muse does seem like a fit for Desai’s passing defensive scheme being a safety turned LB that possesses explosive traits to do a variety of things throughout the LBer corps plus STs like Mike Morgan did . But I can’t really say at this point that he’s even on the roster yet it’s also possible that there might be a role for him here that he can grow and flourish in if he’s shown enough that he might put together.

Also, it’s amusing that in my PreDraft affinity to Chandler Tindall that not only Muse’s but Vi Jones’ strengths and weaknesses comp up to much more less explosive, but much more fluid versions of what I could envision Tindall’s role might be in the Seahawks defense had they drafted him.