TE Jordan Cameron coming to Seattle?

Chawks1

Reaction score
Looks like Cleveland just signed a 4 th TE to the roster....looks like everyone is healthy for them.....does this signal the trade we discussed with them earlier might be happening? Does anyone with the insider info have contacts that can confirm or deny?

I would really like this addition. With Zach out Jordan Cameron could be a big add right now. He is a FA at the end of this year so maybe he has made it known in Cleveland he isn't coming back....lets trade the Jets pick for him!

Here's his scouting report coming out of USC:
NFL position: TE

Height: 6-5 1/4

Weight: 254

40 time: 4.53

Current projection: Fifth-round pick

Strengths: Is a great athlete for being 6-5. Can change directions quickly to make tacklers miss when running after the catch. Has an excellent vertical leap (37½ inches at the Scouting Combine) and good hands to reach high throws. Able to adjust to catch off-target passes. Can run all routes with sharpness and precision. Is an aggressive blocker who uses his hands well.

Weaknesses: Flashes good production but is still a raw receiver who is not explosive getting into his route and rarely gets separation from defenders. Will not outrun defenders to score or gain huge yards. Thin frame limits his blocking ability. Needs to become a better in-line blocker to be a good, all-around tight end.

Bottom line: Cameron began his college career as a basketball player at BYU and is a better athlete than football player. His only significant playing time came in 2010, when he caught 16 passes in 12 games. He's raw, but his athleticism is worth a fourth- or fifth-round pick.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The 6th round pick that we got for Harvin?

Cameron is also banged up this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":1eynxxii said:
Cameron is also banged up this year.

Yep, he's had shoulder and ankle problems all year. So this is probably more insurance than about to be traded....although I'd love to see Cameron here, he's a great TE.

Hell, I'd love to see just about any TE here right now.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I don't like hearing that he struggles with in line blocking. I guess when Zach comes back he can be a pure receiving TE.
This is a lot of speculation

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wow, this is a misleading thread title. I was hoping to see some shred of legitimacy to this, but there's nothing but extremely stretching speculation.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I hope we string together some wins quick because all this spurious trade speculation reminds me of the offseason not the middle of a season where we are right in the thick of a playoff chase.

:roll:

With that I am going to move this thread.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
to answer the OP and thread title, no, he's not coming here.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Even the Browns aren't that stupid. They are not going to trade their best TE and arguably the best active receiver on the team (Gordon is inactive at this time) . They won't trade him until Josh Gordon is back. The Seahawks need him now not when Miller is back.