Texans SS DJ Swearinger on trade block

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Dude is a thug, his pitbull bit jadeveon clowney, he talks dirty trash and did so as a rookie in minicamps (watch hard knocks). He's a head hunter who is constantly penalized. To top it off he's not much more than a special teamer which is unfortunate because he can't tackle very well.

OP
OP
Hawk Finn

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":xnvwz54c said:
Dude is a thug, his pitbull bit jadeveon clowney, he talks dirty trash and did so as a rookie in minicamps (watch hard knocks). He's a head hunter who is constantly penalized. To top it off he's not much more than a special teamer which is unfortunate because he can't tackle very well.

Can't get more Seahawky than that. I'm ultra excited now.

OP
OP
Hawk Finn

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Largent80":2yb3qwy2 said:
If the Texans with that 1 man defense are trying to off him, I'm not biting.

1 man defense?

OP
OP
Hawk Finn

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Well, there you have it. Nobody available to sign or trade for is worth it. Gotcha.

mikeak

Reaction score
It would alienate the fan base if Seahawks don't have any picks on Thursday and Friday so they won't trade for him :D

pmedic920

Reaction score
I've watched him some, not sure if he is coachable or not. If he is coachable, I think he would be a good fit.
Our coaching staff has a way with that type of guy.

aredub

Reaction score
If the LOB can't teach him the proper way to play then no one would be able too! He'd be a decent Jeron Johnson replacement!

kearly

Reaction score
He just got released.

Personally, I thought he was a huge reach when he was taken in the 2nd round. His tape was 5th or 6th round caliber, and his sparq score IIRC was nothing special. Adding to that, he's got a reputation as a dirty hitter and immature.

He was among the worst safeties in the NFL the last two seasons while starting 22 games. I think it says a lot that the Texans have him for two more years dirt cheap and said 'no thanks.' Didn't even want him as a backup.

The strong safety Seattle just took at the end of the 7th round had very good tape and a very good sparq score. No red flags. They took Kam in the 5th, and got Jeron Johnson in UDFA. I know our system makes their lives easier, but it's not that hard to find talent at SS later in the draft. And if you do whiff, like with Winston Guy, oh well, 6th round pick.

Thankfully, some other teams haven't figured this out yet.

Latest posts