Texans vs Seahawks “2017”

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
It was a great game to be at. Watson was awesome. We had to play to our 9's to beat them.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I see both sides...Back and forth versus "But the defense stunk!"

I say to the defense stunk crowd, get over it. Sometimes it's just about the game and not if one side or the other hurt your feelers.

themunn

Reaction score
AgentDib":304oor5s said:
I'm not sure when the last unexciting Seahawks game was but it's been a very long time. Maybe that Giants road trip in 2008 where Hasselbeck went down with the knee injury, Julius Jones kept rushing for 1 yards and then Josh Wilson couldn't cover anybody.

6-3 loss against the Browns!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll never understand the fascination with how a WIN looks. Who gives a rip? They won, the game was a blast.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I had totally forgotten that int late and needing the 3 and out to get the ball back. IMO, a close game that is all offense and no defense is probably going to be considered a great game to watch vs a close game that is all defense and no offense - like the 6-6 tie with Arizona

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2trb5gpr said:
I had totally forgotten that int late and needing the 3 and out to get the ball back. IMO, a close game that is all offense and no defense is probably going to be considered a great game to watch vs a close game that is all defense and no offense - like the 6-6 tie with Arizona

I can really enjoy a defensive battle as well as the offensive ones like the texans game, but if it was a defensive battle game, non fans of those teams would be bored, so it would never make a national "best game" ranking. Of course you'd also have those who said the game wasn't good because the offense stunk up the field.

It's really a no win scenario unless we dominate a game like we did against Denver in the Superbowl, but then, the rest of the world looks at that like a horribly dull game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Low scoring games can be fun to watch IF both teams are playing hard and the D is dominating. That Tie game at Arizona was pathetic. Both teams looked horrid the entire night, especially the offenses. Boring.

mikeak

Reaction score
Tical21":2m2f4elt said:
I get it that it is back and forth, and you don't know who is going to win, and there are a lot of big plays going on, and everybody loves offense, I get it. But when the defense in the game over and over is eye-rollingly bad, like "you gotta be kidding me" bad, I find it unwatchable. It's like, when is enough enough? It's just awful football.

Like, the UW/Baylor Alamo Bowl. I know a lot of people that love that game and thought it was one of the most exciting things they have ever seen. I turned it off in the 3rd quarter. It's just stupid. It's like watching a team practice against air.

The benefit with this mindset is that you can watch any game from 1960 through 2000 on video at any time and have endless hours of entertainment

The negative is with changes done and continuing I doubt football will be very entertaining going forward

Not saying you are wrong - just saying that defenses looking bad is also due to a lot of changes to rules and how teams play football these days.

D

DomeHawk

Own The West":1anpoz2e said:
Good reel that shows my biggest heartburn on RW too: he underthrows nearly every deep ball.

I understand he's being coached to put air under it to let his receivers make a play, but when he flattens it out and gets it there earlier he absolutely shreds defenses. I'll be curious to see if this changes with the new regime.

That was new last year, I thought it might be coached too.

Don't like it.

Joshoeuh

Reaction score
I flew from Kentucky to Washington to watch this game. I’d accepted the likely loss, and lost my mind when they took the lead. Hugged a stranger next to me. Considering my general awkwardness, that’s a big enough deal for me to know it was an incredible game. My wife even almost cared.

adeltaY

Reaction score
pmedic920":2iczz9mi said:
Own The West":2iczz9mi said:
Good reel that shows my biggest heartburn on RW too: he underthrows nearly every deep ball.

I understand he's being coached to put air under it to let his receivers make a play, but when he flattens it out and gets it there earlier he absolutely shreds defenses. I'll be curious to see if this changes with the new regime.

How about commenting on the game, or where it was picked on the list?

Feel free to start your own thread about your opinion of the “deep ball” that RW throws.

Funny too because the following week Kurt Warner was on a podcast with Kevin Harlan where the former said he believes Wilson throws the best deep ball in the league because he gives the receiver the best chance to get underneath it and win for the ball.