That onside kick..

BullHawk33

Reaction score
The ball would have bounced higher had the field not been sodded 6 days prior and soft. Hard to know exactly how to kick that ball with that junk they were standing on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HommyHawk":1faehgh1 said:
johnnyfever":1faehgh1 said:
HommyHawk":1faehgh1 said:
Can you drop kick on kickoff?or place the ball on ground without the tee?Just Belicheckin.

I don't see the point. Ball has to touch the ground or they can fair catch it, so drop kick is out. the tee allows it to be stable in a position you couldn't get just resting on the ground, so again I don't think there is an advantage, plus as it is already touching the field, not sure how you could kick it and get it to touch the ground after you kick it to be a live ball.
No the drop kick(or maybe toe drop kick?)has to be bounced off the ground first.as far as no tee I meant to imply someone holding it and since it starts by already touching turf.....loopholes bro always compete. :D

No you can't dropkick...........and the tee gives you an inch or two height to kick it down, so not sure why you'd want to start the ball on the ground. Unless you're trying to pooch it.

Trust the history of onside kicks, if there was a better way of doing it? Kickers would do it differently than what we saw yesterday.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I think what he is proposing is, if you kick it off the ground, then it technically touched the ground and so you can kick it with no fair catch possibility. I'm too lazy to look up he wording of the rule to see if he is correct or not.

-bsd

CANHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3gj4z9kg said:
Close . . . but no cigar. Their LB was in perfect position to field it. Coleman came pretty close to jarring it loose. C'est la vie.

RepulsiveShamelessBushsqueaker
We used to run that same play on my podunk Canadian football team. I was the fullback, so my job was to open a hole and the receiver ran through it to the spot the ball was being kicked to 15 yards downfield. It was money...

...wait a sec...

That clip IS Canadian football!

Latest posts