That wide open Deebo Samuel TD

TwilightError

Reaction score
Seemed like miscommunication between Adams and Sidney Jones. Seems like something that is likely to happen with a new cornerback in the system. Still, it looked ridiculous.

Tokadub

Reaction score
QWERTY":2d41exzj said:
Was that Adams fault?

Yeah... it was Jamal Adam's fault you can't expect our corner to hit that slot in that situation... you'd have to have one of the best Corners in NFL history to cover that.

So I will say that TD was 100% Jamal's fault. Even if the coaches told him to do what he did, he should know better.

I still think this was a big improvement for the defense as a whole and I'll give Jamal a break because we still won.

getnasty

Reaction score
Tokadub":3pxoh0vo said:
QWERTY":3pxoh0vo said:
Was that Adams fault?

Yeah... it was Jamal Adam's fault you can't expect our corner to hit that slot in that situation... you'd have to have one of the best Corners in NFL history to cover that.

So I will say that TD was 100% Jamal's fault. Even if the coaches told him to do what he did, he should know better.

I still think this was a big improvement for the defense as a whole and I'll give Jamal a break because we still won.

You would be 100% wrong here.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tokadub":1coeb0tr said:
QWERTY":1coeb0tr said:
Was that Adams fault?

As long as this is your opinion we’re all good because opinions are just that, opinions.

If you’re posting this and expect folks to take it as fact, you’re making yourself look fairly ignorant.

This has been discussed at length already and the consensus of opinions are that it was miscommunication and lack of understanding on Jones’s part.

My opinion is that it was not 100% on Adams, and saying that it was is ludicrous.

Fact is, wherever the blame belongs claiming it all goes “100%” anyplace is silliness.

Edit:
After hearing Pete’s comments, it would appear that you are 100% wrong.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Tokadub":hy74t2rw said:
QWERTY":hy74t2rw said:
Was that Adams fault?

If you weren’t in the defensive huddle and don’t know what the defensive call was there is no way you can claim 100% on anything. It looked clear to me that it was a miscommunication in the secondary. Most likely on Jones.

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
i feel like if it was our base cover 3 defense, sidney jones had to go on top and Adams in the flat. I do believe we see him on the replay telling sidney to go on top. I would rather have Sidney Jones fighting a deep ball on a WR than Jamal Adams.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Whoever's fault it was, it was nice to see how the offense responded & went right back down & scored to restore the 2 score lead while taking 5 minutes off the clock.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I know Adam’s was certainly choked over it. It certainly looked like mis-communication or a blown coverage.

I do agree however without knowing who was supposed to cover who or what responsibilities were on that play Samuels certainly made both Adams and Jones look bad.

After watching RS play last night the FO fumbled on that personnel move.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I had the exact opposite thought last night. After watching the Pats pick on RS I was thinking that bringing him in wouldn't be much of a fix.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
[youtube]8NyNiyc28cs[/youtube]

This is not the best clip, but it shows what happened pretty clearly.

Adams had the short area. You can see him motioning for Jones to stay behind him and pick up Samuel.
Jones followed his original man to the deep middle. Three DBs ended up in the deep middle.

Unclear why Jones thought he had to follow. I never played, coached or studied zone coverages, but when to follow vs when to break off coverage seems like a somewhat difficult concept that has to develop over time and depends heavily on whole squad communication.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
IMO, Adams was in a short zone in the flat, motioned for the CB to take whoever goes deep on that side. In noticing 3 cbs covering one player in the middle of the field, it screams that one or two of the cbs blew their assignment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete pretty much blamed Jones for that play after the game.

Was supposed to peel off and take Deebo, not follow his receiver into the middle zone.

But terrible play aside, the combo of Neal and Jones > Flowers.

sutz

Reaction score
Fertilizer occurs. The important thing is that the team didn't let one play change momentum in the game and lead to a loss. The O came back and scored to make up for the error.

Like Pete has been saying, it's complementary football, where one part of the team picks up for the others. Hell, the D stood pretty firm in the 1st half when the O went 3 and out multiple times.

I'm just happy we won, and it wasn't some kind of a nail biter. Even the haters that don't like that last TD we gave up should take notice. It took 5 1/2 minutes of precious time off the clock for them to do that. By then it was basically over.

chris98251

Reaction score
Miscommunication can make a play look really bad, we seen it more then a few times in the Earl Thomas Sherman days also, that can be fixed and is a good film study for them going forward, Jones is a good CB and will pick up what happened. Bright side is it's a learning experience that didn't cost a win.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Paraphrasing Pete, he said that one play with the mis-read on Jones' part is why he wanted to leave Jones in training mode for a whole month. I say, sorry Pete - Jones is such an upgrade over Flowers that you gave up that one TD in place of probably 3 more that Flowers would have given up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GeekHawk":insdrepy said:
Paraphrasing Pete, he said that one play with the mis-read on Jones' part is why he wanted to leave Jones in training mode for a whole month. I say, sorry Pete - Jones is such an upgrade over Flowers that you gave up that one TD in place of probably 3 more that Flowers would have given up.

While I agree, our defensive backfield pretty much had the entire day off with Lance under center.

Maybe Lance will be good someday, but he's pretty bad now. So while I loved what I saw with Jones and Neal in the game yesterday, we'll see if that carriers over to Thursday with a MUCH more potent and complicated to defend passing offense with Stafford and the Rams.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Tokadub":10xt7ev3 said:
QWERTY":10xt7ev3 said:
Was that Adams fault?

Wrong. It was the DBs fault and PC said so too.

Latest posts