The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawker

Reaction score
^^^ Agreed, our post-season run might be cut short, as our rotation lacks that spark we had a couple of years ago. Felix should be amped up for his first playoff run; Walker should be too. I think those guys will be fine.

Iwakuma's late season pitching seems to fall to pieces, how will he fare into October? I assume we will dump Miley, so Paxton is a wildcard - he has the stuff you want in a playoff game (the ability to K 2 batters per inning), but he is still raw. I like Karns, I don't know his playoff record (if any) but he's so consistent.

Let's see where we're at come the All-Star break. I'm sure we'll pick up an arm via trade.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawker":2zgizdpw said:
^^^ Agreed, our post-season run might be cut short, as our rotation lacks that spark we had a couple of years ago. Felix should be amped up for his first playoff run; Walker should be too. I think those guys will be fine.

Iwakuma's late season pitching seems to fall to pieces, how will he fare into October? I assume we will dump Miley, so Paxton is a wildcard - he has the stuff you want in a playoff game (the ability to K 2 batters per inning), but he is still raw. I like Karns, I don't know his playoff record (if any) but he's so consistent.

Let's see where we're at come the All-Star break. I'm sure we'll pick up an arm via trade.

I think Walker would work fine as the #3 in a playoff rotation. Not sure I'd like my chances with him going head-to-head with most other #2's. While Walker can be electric, it is hard to get a read on him. He's been pretty awful lately other than his last start. Who knows with Karns, but I don't think any team would fear facing Karns. IMO playoffs is all about dominant pitching, putting someone on the mound who can limit the opposing team to 1-2 runs in 6-7 innings of work. Right now, I think the only guy that can do that consistently on our team is Felix. Two years ago we had 3-4 guys who could do that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I feel we need another #5 pitcher..Miley isn't it.We also need a closer.I would love to have Joe Nathan who the Cubs picked up about a month ago the guy is almost ready to pitch in the show

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Last 3 games have been painful. How many runs does our offense need to score to get a W? No lead is safe with the whole pitching staff. From our starters all the way to our closer, they've just blown up lately. Either they were pitching really well and getting lucky, or this is who they really are. Frustrating. Hope a trade or two can light a fire.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":qst8rpko said:
Last 3 games have been painful. How many runs does our offense need to score to get a W? No lead is safe with the whole pitching staff. From our starters all the way to our closer, they've just blown up lately. Either they were pitching really well and getting lucky, or this is who they really are. Frustrating. Hope a trade or two can light a fire.
Agree with everything you say. Pitching, or lack thereof is killing this team right now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Oh great....they just brought Cishit into the game. There goes an opportunity to win this one

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2a9i9v0a said:
Oh great....they just brought Cishit into the game. There goes an opportunity to win this one

Gosh he is terrible. Walks two after Vincent walked one. Why can't our bullpen throw strikes? It's their one and only job. Their only job is to pitch, throw strikes... They have to be the worst at their profession in all of sports. Come into the game, throw 13 pitches, walk two, go sit and relax for 3 days. Unreal.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aaaaaand Montgomery walks Logan Morrison with the bases loaded to force in the wimming run. Logan freakin Morrison. Unreal . Ms losers of 9 of their last 12 now. Looks like the downward spiral is on.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
My goodness... Walk walk walk off walk. Morrison was 0-6 and you can't even throw him a freaking strike. He didn't even need to take the bat off his shoulders. Pathetic

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1nrttvg6 said:
Welcome back Mariners.

Sincerely yours,
Earth

That's actually really funny. If I didn't feel like crying or breaking something, not sure which, I would be laughing out loud.

sutz

Reaction score
They have been tough to watch lately. Was almost starting to believe they had something going, but SOM show up once again. We're going to get killed on this east coast swing.

:34853_doh:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
In all seriousness, this is baseball. You have your highs and your lows. There are still 97 games left and they are only 1.5 back of a wild card and 6.5 back of the division. Season is a long way from being over.

Hawker

Reaction score
Only caught the 9th inning. Nice to see Cishek have a 1-2-3 save.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":phiyfung said:
Bullpen imposing again.

Meant to say imploding. Definitely not imposing at all. Benoit got out of the jam, struck out Pearce on a 3-2 count with 2 outs and the bases loaded in the 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.