The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
The replay of today's game is on root right now and they are almost to the 9th inning for anyone that missed it earlier today.

Hawker

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":a45hrda7 said:
Pretty much what we can expect from Miley. Innings but will give up 3-5 runs. Got a feeling he flames out of the rotation and Paxton replaces him.

I would much rather see Montgomery start. Too early to speculate, I suppose.

CPHawk

Reaction score
In other news Robinson Cano is on pace for 180 hr.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawker":hbbw9l8i said:
Hawk-Lock":hbbw9l8i said:
Pretty much what we can expect from Miley. Innings but will give up 3-5 runs. Got a feeling he flames out of the rotation and Paxton replaces him.

I would much rather see Montgomery start. Too early to speculate, I suppose.
If someone is struggling he is probably the first guy they would move into that role if they can get him "stretched out" innings wise.

kearly

Reaction score
It was pretty cool seeing the Mariners work 13 walks over the series. That's currently tied (with Texas lol) for 2nd in baseball. Seattle is on pace for 702 walks. Last year 570 walks led the league. Obviously I don't expect 700+ walks out of Seattle the same way I don't expect 216 homers out of Robinson Cano, but suffice to say, this opening series gets an A+ for both power and plate discipline.

Seattle currently has seven hitters batting a thousand OPS or higher. Early season stats are fun.

CPHawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":gtm71w5t said:
CPHawk":gtm71w5t said:
In other news Robinson Cano is on pace for 180 hr.

He's actually on a pace for 216

Even better. I'll be thrilled if he finishes with 25-30 hr to be honest.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Marines need to take advantage of the favorable schedule. We should aim for 4-2 on this home stand against the A's and Rangers.

sutz

Reaction score
kearly":f36w7jme said:
Early season stats are fun.

Ain't that the truth? :laugh:

It's gonna suck when reality sets in. But hey, gotta love the fast start. Hell, I'd be happy if we finish April within a few games of .500. Better than last few years anyway. Would be nice to not be out of the playoff hunt before the all-star break. Only three games in, but this team has a different feel to it. A better feel.

We're coming home to our pitcher's park. Let's hope the big boppers and the rabbits can put some runs on the board.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2fq9pwbj said:
Marines need to take advantage of the favorable schedule. We should aim for 4-2 on this home stand against the A's and Rangers.

Every expert has said the M's have the toughest Apr of any AL team. So it's not really favorable.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":14xwq4qm said:
Hawk-Lock":14xwq4qm said:

Every expert has said the M's have the toughest Apr of any AL team. So it's not really favorable.

I'm not talking about the entire month of April. It obviously gets pretty tough when we have to hit the road out East, but for now I think it's favorable. The A's might be the worst team in the AL, and IMO the Rangers are a pretty average team, especially while Darvish is still hurt.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Crizilla":3k4zdyo0 said:
i wanna be angry but i just cant with so many games left
Come on bruh, be angry with me! I'm completely PO'd right now. I don't care that it's only 5 games in. Look back to last year at 5 games in. No one was worried. The Mariners started out 1-1, and unbeknownst to us, that proved to be the only time they would be at or above .500. The starting pitching has left little to be desired. And where the hell is Paxton? Is he in the doghouse, or is he still not recovered from his little finger injury?Seager and Cruz are slumping. And once again, they can get nothing going at Safeco. I swear, since they like being on the road so much, they should just implode Safeco and have all home games played at Chaney, just so it feels like a road game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts