The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
But is it a step in the right direction? Two years ago we went 87-75, and last year was a huge down year. Now it looks like we will finish somewhere in the middle. Is that a step forward? When we got Cano two years ago, I think the goal was to make the playoffs by year 3. Well this is year 3 and still no playoffs. I know this is the first year under Dipoto, but this team is built to win now. The one good thing with our previous seasons, was at least we could say we were young and the future is bright. But I think as each season passes, the window closes that much more.

I still struggle to find a reason to excited about this teams future. Three of the four best players on the team are all 30-years or older. At this point, we really need to hit on almost all of our prospects. I guess it is better to suck when we are really young than really old, because at least we can have false hope with our young guys.

On a side note, i'm somewhat worried about Felix. Reminds me a little of Marshawn. Never had a problem with injuries, then he finally got injured and didn't really look the same. Lets hope Felix doesn't follow that same path. But there is no doubt Felix's best years are behind him. As of now he is still an ace, but not even close to a top 10 pitcher, maybe top 15 or 20.

Largent80

Reaction score
Houston has a good club that got off to a horrendous start and are playing good ball. It's a good measuring stick for the M's who unfortunately, don't measure up, especially at Safeco.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1nhziyl6 said:
But is it a step in the right direction? Two years ago we went 87-75, and last year was a huge down year. Now it looks like we will finish somewhere in the middle. Is that a step forward? When we got Cano two years ago, I think the goal was to make the playoffs by year 3. Well this is year 3 and still no playoffs. I know this is the first year under Dipoto, but this team is built to win now. The one good thing with our previous seasons, was at least we could say we were young and the future is bright. But I think as each season passes, the window closes that much more.

I still struggle to find a reason to excited about this teams future. Three of the four best players on the team are all 30-years or older. At this point, we really need to hit on almost all of our prospects. I guess it is better to suck when we are really young than really old, because at least we can have false hope with our young guys.

On a side note, i'm somewhat worried about Felix. Reminds me a little of Marshawn. Never had a problem with injuries, then he finally got injured and didn't really look the same. Lets hope Felix doesn't follow that same path. But there is no doubt Felix's best years are behind him. As of now he is still an ace, but not even close to a top 10 pitcher, maybe top 15 or 20.
Sadly you might be right on both accounts. :(

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I dont care how good or bad a team is, walk off home runs are frikkin awesome to watch.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ya4jckj said:
I still struggle to find a reason to excited about this teams future.

Why would you be? The M's are the oldest team in the MLB. They are still good enough to make things interesting this year and maybe next, but pretty soon it will be time to start thinking about the next Mariners core. I guess my hope is that Dipoto can moneyball his way to building a competitive team of veterans. Even with some bad luck I thought Dipoto had a pretty good first offseason.

Hawker

Reaction score
This team desperately needed that!!! Lind gets the swelmet for sure! Way to spoil a gem by Sale!

Let's keep this spark alive and get on a roll - this is our time to close the gap, the Rangers have been playing sub-par ball of late.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
With bases loaded, this team might as well grab their gloves and head out to the field, save everyone some time. They can not score with bases loaded. Have to be one of the worst in all of baseball with the bases chucked. Does not matter if there's no outs and a 3-0 count, they still can't score. Unreal. :snack:

Also J-bone in the booth... Most annoying person on earth to listen to. I have to mute the flipping game. I really wish ROOT would quit bringing him back.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1a5ou5og said:
With bases loaded, this team might as well grab their gloves and head out to the field, save everyone some time. They can not score with bases loaded. Have to be one of the worst in all of baseball with the bases chucked. Does not matter if there's no outs and a 3-0 count, they still can't score. Unreal. :snack:

Also J-bone in the booth... Most annoying person on earth to listen to. I have to mute the flipping game. I really wish ROOT would quit bringing him back.

Trucks, TRUCKS, and MOAR TRUCKS!

sutz

Reaction score
Frankly, I'm a bit concerned about all of the "Felix is back" talk. We still need to wake the bats up, and traditionally, we haven't done much of that as a team behind him. Just because our best pitcher is back is no reason to get complacent. We need to give him some run support for a change.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
sutz":21zsrvrf said:
Frankly, I'm a bit concerned about all of the "Felix is back" talk. We still need to wake the bats up, and traditionally, we haven't done much of that as a team behind him. Just because our best pitcher is back is no reason to get complacent. We need to give him some run support for a change.

The run support over the years for Felix is pathetic. He didn't look good today at all, could just be the rust but we will see. I'm a bit worried about him in general. I think Dipoto is going to be faced with some tough decisions this offseason. If he doesn't think we can contend for a World Series within the next two years, then I think it would be smart to deal Felix and possibly even Cano.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/755876163415707648[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Q13FOX/status/755877951338491904[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ThePatton/status/755877676691226624[/tweet]

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Interesting. Looks like we may be sellers. Anyone know anything about the guy we are getting in return?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. To acquire another hitter, Dipoto is sending Montgomery down the road, when the whole pitching staff in general is a huge, stinky turd. All the while toads like Miley, Benoit, and Five Innings are still here? I feel like I've given up on this team this year. The only promising pitching prospects in the system are unknowns like Art Warren and Forrest Snow. Neither of which are in Tacoma. Dipoto is pretty much throwing in the towel at this point.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Lind just took the loss off of Felix. :laugh:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/darenw/status/755878370999734273[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/755883092057985024[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/755884973140443140[/tweet]

Status
Not open for further replies.