The 2017 recruiting thread.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3buuwcdr said:
Molden is going to redshirt. None of the players Washington is bringing in on defense will play this year.

Molden is a stud. And by all acounts an even better kid then football player. (Men of Oregon know how to raise their kids!) I really hope i'm wrong, but my guess is that he doesnt finish his career at UW because of head injuries... he's already had several, and he's not a kid that needs football to be successful in life.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2mn4vavj said:
Molden is going to redshirt. None of the players Washington is bringing in on defense will play this year.
tui would have been the only for sure, albeit likely in a rotational role.

I think there's space at safety for a true frosh to step up. molden could be that guy.

He won't start at CB right away. Miller, Murphy, Love, all definitely ahead on the depth chart at least.

chris98251

Reaction score
cesame":3extnv51 said:
This is a college football forum and you're bringing up university rankings. No one cares. Go to a forum that does.

On the field, yes, UW has been little brother. Going 15 years between conference championships? Do better, please.

Sure UW has a NC. Too bad they didn't have to actually prove it and play Miami, something they would be required to do now. I mean, imagine if Washington didn't have to play Alabama this year. Too bad for them they did and got their ass kicked. Perhaps the same thing happens in 1991.

So WHEN Oregon does win their first national championship, I'm sure glad they won't have to share it with another team and will have to actually beat the best teams in the country. Having my only championship be questioned? Not that amazing.

Bitter is what I see, UW is a Co National Champion, the Huskies didn't set the format anymore then a school does now, or anymore then the Seahawks set up scheduling for Home and Away games.

Ducks in a National Championship game, maybe someday, but Nike High School better do it soon, Uncle Phil doesn't have that many years left and once he passes away the Golden Spoon may go away as well.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
chris98251":noslhu7y said:
cesame":noslhu7y said:
This is a college football forum and you're bringing up university rankings. No one cares. Go to a forum that does.

On the field, yes, UW has been little brother. Going 15 years between conference championships? Do better, please.

Sure UW has a NC. Too bad they didn't have to actually prove it and play Miami, something they would be required to do now. I mean, imagine if Washington didn't have to play Alabama this year. Too bad for them they did and got their ass kicked. Perhaps the same thing happens in 1991.

So WHEN Oregon does win their first national championship, I'm sure glad they won't have to share it with another team and will have to actually beat the best teams in the country. Having my only championship be questioned? Not that amazing.

Bitter is what I see, UW is a Co National Champion, the Huskies didn't set the format anymore then a school does now, or anymore then the Seahawks set up scheduling for Home and Away games.

Ducks in a National Championship game, maybe someday, but Nike High School better do it soon, Uncle Phil doesn't have that many years left and once he passes away the Golden Spoon may go away as well.
Exactly, so very bitter.

cesame

Reaction score
chris98251":2tdoh5ed said:

Understood. Still....didn't have to prove it against the best. That leaves a lot of doubt in my mind. There's a reason they went to the CFP and it's scenarios like that. Who is the best team? In 1991 we will never know. A lot of doubt there.

We all know Oregon is very capable of winning a championship. Been there twice, just couldn't finish it. Currently put together a great staff so it's looking like they're putting themselves in great shape to get back.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":2nvlaa1g said:
cesame":2nvlaa1g said:

Uh, we've been in 2.

And the golden spoon isnt going away, he's left a very nice endowment thats going to live on long past him.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Looks like UW just received a commitment along the Offensive Line - maybe Kirkland?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Coach_StraussUW/status/826302201765040128[/tweet]

Would prefer Austin Jackson, but Kirkland could be a ok player

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
cesame":2kw221fk said:
Better way to say it is I don't think he's very good
Better way to say you're not very good at evaluating players

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3kf0jj2f said:
cesame":3kf0jj2f said:
Kirkland's ceiling is George Fant
Such an odd comp...

Yea, fant is plenty athletic. Kirkland's problem is that he's not. He's a mauler. Who knows, I might be wrong on the kid but I think he'll be a nice depth piece at best. (not that thats anything to look down upon, half of these recruits wont become much of anything in college but at least they got themselves a free education).

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":do3jtnig said:
Hawkfan77":do3jtnig said:
cesame":do3jtnig said:
Kirkland's ceiling is George Fant
Such an odd comp...

Yea, fant is plenty athletic. Kirkland's problem is that he's not. He's a mauler. Who knows, I might be wrong on the kid but I think he'll be a nice depth piece at best. (not that thats anything to look down upon, half of these recruits wont become much of anything in college but at least they got themselves a free education).
Give him two years in a college program to get his strength right and he's going to have a good chance at replacing McGary at RT. Kirkland has made huge strides in the last year, he's a P5 level player.

cesame

Reaction score
I want Kirkland protecting my QB like I want George Fant protecting my QB. That's the only comparison that matters.

Kirkland is a statue. There's been a lot of talk about him and the consensus is he's pretty much a fringe PAC 12 player because he lacks so much athleticism.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
cesame":33qrdd14 said:
I want Kirkland protecting my QB like I want George Fant protecting my QB. That's the only comparison that matters.

Kirkland is a statue. There's been a lot of talk about him and the consensus was pretty much fringe PAC 12 player because he lacks so much athleticism.
Glad there's been talk that you read about...funny though because your program wanted him pretty badly...

cesame

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":38r3ufz2 said:
cesame":38r3ufz2 said:

Kirkland is a statue. There's been a lot of talk about him and the consensus was pretty much fringe PAC 12 player because he lacks so much athleticism.
Glad there's been talk that you read about...funny though because your program wanted him pretty badly...

This staff has had just weeks to try and put a class together.

They're considering a lot of players they would usually pass on for others. Problem is those other players have been committed to their schools for months.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
cesame":111qefg0 said:
Hawkfan77":111qefg0 said:
cesame":111qefg0 said:

This staff has had just weeks to try and put a class together.

They're considering a lot of players they would usually pass on for others.
Uh huh... :roll: