The Antonio Brown situation

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... nio-brown/

Stroud reports that Brown visited with a “top surgeon” outside the team, and that the evaluation (including an MRI) confirmed that he has “serious pain.” The belief, per Stroud, is that Brown “probably should’ve never been on the field to begin with on Sunday.”

Stroud notes that an “official statement” from Brown’s representation “will be issued soon.” His current agent, Ed Wasielewski, has not responded to repeated inquiries from PFT regarding the situation.

Finally, to those who believe that Brown’s ability to jog to the locker room and leap around in the end zone on his way out means that he was healthy, please. There’s a huge difference between jogging around and making the full-speed cuts and changes of direction required when playing receiver at the highest level of the sport.

The Bucs still haven't cut him, probably because of liability/future grievance reasons.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
It's a game within the game, within the game. Social media, monetary interests, power struggles.

Those of us watching are merely spectators.

I wish the dude well, but in the end he's a blip on the radar of the NFL.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I just read an article saying its likely because they don't want him landing on a rivals' team during the playoffs. Makes sense. He'll get released once the Bucs season is over.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Brown’s statement also contends that G.M. Jason Licht confirmed in text messages to Brown’s representatives that he did indeed tell Arians about ankle pain during the game on Sunday.

“I acknowledge my past,” Brown said, “but my past does not make me a second-class citizen. My past does not forfeit my right to be heard when I am in pain.”

While many things regarding Brown’s situation remain unclear, his statement provides one key aspect of clarity. He’s having surgery on the ankle, and he won’t be playing again this season. Once that settles in, everything else is just details. He was under a one-year deal with the Buccaneers. He’ll become a free agent in March. And if he eventually signs with anyone, it won’t be the Bucs.

Gotta wonder if this was like a Trent Williams situation with WFT, as Brown is apparently trying to set up.

In that case I can see plenty a suitor for him next year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... e-injured/

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1477781733638656003[/tweet]

Threedee

Reaction score
One of my favourite AB incidents was when the Steelers public Twatter feed posted the final losing score of a game, and he "liked" the tweet.