The D-Line Beasted AFTER Clemons goes down

falcongoggles

Reaction score
What's up with that? Can someone who is going to break everything down please explain this phenomenon. Even before we blitzed Cousins, we bottled up and sacked RG3 a couple times. Maybe not having Clem in forced some personnel groups that didn't include Big Red and created some mismatches. Help anyone?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man, I really hope that Clem can come back and play next week. It didn't look good when it happened.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
I think the fact they needed to score thus had to pass more helped us. Beofre that we where having to worry about the run/option which hindered our pass rush

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Irvin played with his absolute hair on fire, that was so beautiful.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Irvin was getting fantastic pressure directly at the QB instead of going out and around. Lets hope today's game is the first step!

BWRyan

Reaction score
Irvin definitely stepped up. He's been kinda invisible for a number of weeks. That sack was enormous, and was getting consistent push and pressure.

BBBRRRRUUUUCCCEEE!!!

Bullmeister

Reaction score
When Clem went down I was like...OK not sure who gets put in, maybe just a heavier mass, better at run blocking....won't really need speed to get RGIII.
All turned out well but will miss Clem next week!

twelfman

Reaction score
athey have been holding the defensive playbook back just for the playoffs, you can't adjust for blitzes you haven't seen yet
I was freaking out early in the year over the o play calling but looky looky

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He was drafted to be the future LEO....maybe its more natural for him then rushing from the other side.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Shock2k":1efkhjtg said:
I seriously don't know why we don't blitz more.

I kinda like how we don't blitz as often as teams such as Washington. Surprise them, keep them guessing. Don't do it every 3rd down/passing down/etc.

DericLee

Reaction score
My fan chant this year has been; "We get what we need, not what we want."

Sometimes things need to happen that we don't want to happen in order for the real good stuff to come.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RG3 healthy would not have been sacked.

He had almost zero mobility back there when the sack occured. Healthy, he would have easily rolled out and run. The field was wide open to his right.

Still thought the D-line did well though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3ay964di said:
What's up with that? Can someone who is going to break everything down please explain this phenomenon. Even before we blitzed Cousins, we bottled up and sacked RG3 a couple times. Maybe not having Clem in forced some personnel groups that didn't include Big Red and created some mismatches. Help anyone?

I think this was more because we knew they had to throw and RG3 was gimpy, so we could just load up on the blitzes. Any team having to be one dimensional makes it easy on the defense.

Believe me, losing Clemons is a big deal.....especially going up against Ryan, White, Jones and Gonzales. If we can't get pressure on Ryan it's gonna be a long day for the Hawks.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The way ATL plays plays well into what we need to do on D. I say just tell Irvin to get to the QB and not to worry about the RB. ATL doesn't run that well anyway, so him pinning his ears back every play shouldn't be a huge liability but should pay dividends on passing plays and the PA.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":3jqwp8ec said:
Shock2k":3jqwp8ec said:
I seriously don't know why we don't blitz more.

I kinda like how we don't blitz as often as teams such as Washington. Surprise them, keep them guessing. Don't do it every 3rd down/passing down/etc.
Yeah, you definitely don't blitz a team like the Redskins. Why give them free yards with a mobile QB?

Latest posts