The D's downturn started last year with the depature of....

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":3igj96jk said:
Byron Maxwell was the best person we could of got rid of. Horrible, horrible player propped up by a good defense.

He was very good in our defensive scheme and I personally think we should have kept him, he obviously hasn't done as well elsewhere.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him have some form of success here again.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
LOB lost its Boom when the NFL decided to hamstring defensive backs and make every receiver untouchable. Pretty much right after the 2013 season.

That made over aggressive DB's like Browner less useful and neutered a lot of Kam's fear factor.

It's not the coaches or the players, but the NFL that is reducing the nasty in the game for the sakes of player's healths. The movement to flag football continues on.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I know no one will agree with me, but I thought it was the loss of Red Bryant, he was so effective against the run and I maybe foggy on this, but when he left it seemed our turnovers left as well.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The D's downturn started with the departure of OUR DEPTH.

Look back at the 2013 roster and its crazy how many guys moved on to other teams..

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":21pqpf1b said:
The D's downturn started with the departure of OUR DEPTH.

Look back at the 2013 roster and its crazy how many guys moved on to other teams..

Quinn leaving didn't help either. We still had a very good D in 2014.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Bobblehead":28bvy5dp said:
I know no one will agree with me, but I thought it was the loss of Red Bryant, he was so effective against the run and I maybe foggy on this, but when he left it seemed our turnovers left as well.
Spot on Red Bryant was the run stuffer and we missed him immediately.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MagnificentSeven":2pexv16j said:
Actually, the problem is that Lane and the reserve DBs rarely play the ball...they are constantly out of position, arms flailing madly, with their backs to the QB.

This.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Losing Quinn and some lesser players were the problem I saw
Maxipad did cause a lot of turnovers as mistowen said and added to those that were created by others and now teams shying away from sherm who caused them too,losing depth players who caused turnovers as well and all of a sudden we weren't stopping teams and it snowballed from there
I don't expect Maxwell will be a great corner but a few ball punches made up for it then and hope he can bring that part back with him otherwise I think he's just gonna be depth.
Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle's defense still led the league in 2015 and 2016. Injury and lack of safety depth have been the problem.

Looks like Pete doesn't want another repeat of that decline.